pet peeves

ups1990

Pet peeve. Members who correct grammatical errors on a thread. Does this make them feel superior to another? Maybe the member being corrected, excels in an area you don't. If this behavior, strokes your ego then feel free to correct every thread.

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Members who do not understand the usage of smilies and their meanings.

(No not you Upstate. You understand them, you just don't like them):wink2:

Pet peeve. Members who correct grammatical errors on a thread. Does this make them feel superior to another? Maybe the member being corrected, excels in an area you don't. If this behavior, strokes your ego then feel free to correct every thread.
I agree with you for the most part. A misspelled word here and there is not that big of a deal. Now, when someone suggests that poster break up the sentences in a long post to make it easier to read, that's a different story.

About the only person I correct spelling, misuse of words or grammar for is on UpState and that's for humor and he understands that.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer

You sure, do use, a lot, of commas, :wink2:

over9five

Staff member
Pet peeve. Members who correct grammatical errors on a thread.

Do you mean anyone in particular??

Members who do not understand the usage of smilies and their meanings.

Don't think I have ever used a smilie. I'm really good with !!!!!!!!!!, bold, and italics tho...........

About the only person I correct spelling, misuse of words or grammar for is on UpState and that's for humor and he understands that.

Actually, he has filed a greivance on you for that.

You sure, do use, a lot, of commas, :wink2:

I knew that was coming!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Do you mean anyone in particular??

Don't think I have ever used a smilie. I'm really good with !!!!!!!!!!, bold, and italics tho...........

Actually, he has filed a greivance on you for that.

I knew that was coming!
You are very good at conveying the meaning of your posts. Some are not! :wink2:

ups1990

When the center sends you a message to help out with an OCA or shuttle because no one else can help out. Only to finally get in and you see the next driver over has already punched out. What, He can't help?

browniehound

" Can I give you a package " , so I wait for two minutes, and sure enough the label says USPS, then I have to explain that we're not part of the Post Office. Oh, and getting a OCA for an office, and they hand you an envelope, and you point out to them that they have a letterbox in their lobby, and they say, " But this is so much easier "

I'll up you one on this. Get an OCA for the business you never want to back to. It takes 5 minutes just to drive in and out. Its literally the most inconvient stop. They list the commit as 1500 even though the office is open well past 1700.

It would be bad enough if it was an ARS or some other RS label, No, its a 'USPS' label. I was polite and said it was the post office, but disgust was written all over my face.

The poor receptionist was only doing what she was told. I could see she was truly bothered I came back for nothing. She knows how out of the way her business is. She was instructed by some PHd or MD to call UPS immediately to pick up his shirt that doesn't fit.

The educated person is so full of himself that he doesn't realize its for the United States post office and not UPS. He also fails to recognize he was charged 10 bucks for the call and if it was a UPS package I could have taken it for free since I am there EVERY day.

Please people, get your head out of your own ---. Its not that great up there contrary to what you might think.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I have an OCA and it does turn out to be a USPS pkg I will cancel the OCA and then I will usually just take the pkg. If it is small enough to fit in a mailbox I will do that but if not I will leave at the MBE that is my last P/U of the day. Customers don't know the difference and they appreciate the gesture.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'll up you one on this. Get an OCA for the business you never want to back to. It takes 5 minutes just to drive in and out. Its literally the most inconvient stop. They list the commit as 1500 even though the office is open well past 1700.

It would be bad enough if it was an ARS or some other RS label, No, its a 'USPS' label. I was polite and said it was the post office, but disgust was written all over my face.

The poor receptionist was only doing what she was told. I could see she was truly bothered I came back for nothing. She knows how out of the way her business is. She was instructed by some PHd or MD to call UPS immediately to pick up his shirt that doesn't fit.

The educated person is so full of himself that he doesn't realize its for the United States post office and not UPS. He also fails to recognize he was charged 10 bucks for the call and if it was a UPS package I could have taken it for free since I am there EVERY day.

Please people, get your head out of your own ---. Its not that great up there contrary to what you might think.
I'll up you one. An ODS pick up, you get there and it's a FEDEX pkg. I can kind of understand the mistake between UPS and USPS but not FEDEX.:happy-very:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One night I was making the MBE P/U and someone had brought a FedEx Express (redundant?) overnight but their driver had already made P/U. I offered to take it and drop it at their depot on my way back to the center as it is right on the way. The look on the clerk's face when I handed her the envelope was priceless.

over9five

Staff member
I used to find Fedex letters in my letter box. I would usually leave them in there for a week, and then put them in the Fedex box.
I would then submit a sales lead for the company whos Fedex letter was a week late.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
If I have an OCA and it does turn out to be a USPS pkg I will cancel the OCA and then I will usually just take the pkg. If it is small enough to fit in a mailbox I will do that but if not I will leave at the MBE that is my last P/U of the day. Customers don't know the difference and they appreciate the gesture.

I'm a nice guy, but the problem with doing favors for customers is that after a while they come to expect it.

I had a small struggling company, just a couple of guys who were occasionally having trouble getting their stuff done by the 6:30 OCA cut-off. I was back in their area around 8:00 every night, so once or twice a week when they were having problems, they would call, and I would stop at 8:00. They understood I was doing them a favor. My route changed and I was no longer able to come back at 8:00. They raised holy heck, and complained all the way to corporate.

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
Mine is drivers who eat sunflower seeds and don't clean up after themselves. I don't like working in other people's spit.:angry:
ATTENTION, ATTENTION, ATTENTION!!! ALL DRIVERS THAT, CHEW TOBACCO, SUN FLOWER SEEDS, AND PISS IN A BOTTLE, DON'T LEAVE IT IN THE TRUCK!!! IT'S GROSS AND NOT NICE AND I DON'T WANT TO GET CRAP STUCK TO MY HANDS AND KNEES WHEN FIXING YOUR TRUCK! THANK YOU!

I used to find FedEx letters in my letter box. I would usually leave them in there for a week, and then put them in the FedEx box.
I would then submit a sales lead for the company who's FedEx letter was a week late.
You sly bastahd you! LOL, thats the kind of thing I would do as a driver if I's was one!