pet peeves

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Shifters that climb up in your CLEAN and DETAILED tractor cab, and leave grease splotches all over your steering wheel, gear shift, seat back.
And then you have the fellow driver that climbs up in your tractor, moves the seat ALL the way forward because he is the shortest guy in the building. Then, when he gets out, he leaves the seat all up, for me, with long legs and ample belly. I HATE THAT....... and I bust his chops everytime he does it to me.

yakub522

when someone looks at me and says have you heard that fed ex and ups are merging??? i always say no, but if i was them i would name the new company fed up.... with this joke!!!

tynker

The thing that really bothers me the most is calling in on a Monday morning to ask for a VACATION day and being told I could take the day, but it would be an occurrence.
That wouldn't have happened if my supervisor would have shared her home/cell phone number with her team so I could have called her the day before. (Then I would have given 24 hours notice.)
The occurrece itself doesn't bother me so much - I have had one other one for the year for being 5 minutes late and 'fessing up when I got to work even though there were no supervisors to be found. It's just the principle of the whole thing. Put me in a catch-22 position. I can't call in the day before because I don't have a home number for my sup, but if I call in the day that I need the time, then I get dinged for it on my JPA.

P1000Coupe

just read this whole thread and laughed my arse off at most of it... agreeing with it of course... just got a few more:

1) getting a "concern" because the area in the "bad part" of the city where you cannot DR because your OS told you that "...everyone is either a crook or crazy..." just called and said you did not leave a D-note or knock or anything and you have to go back there "ASAP" and you see the d-note pieces torn up on the ground

2) pretty much any customer who doesn't care about getting you in trouble and will lie about everything just to get you to go back and deliver their package even though you're 30 minutes away and will end up over 10.

3) management who would believe those customers over you just because they love adding those concerns to your file

After you pass someone's house/business and they come out trying to get your attention so you stop and get asked "do you have anything for me?" my response in my head of course "no :censored2: don't you think I would have stopped at your house if I had something for ya!"

DS

Fenderbender
You know what bothers me to no end? The account execs sign up a new account and the following morning you have a brand hew computer system for them.It is always 10:30 guaranteed commit time but every pkg says 1 of 1 instead of the actual amount of boxes going to them.I find it ridiculous that whoever is sending the shipment is so inept that they can't figure out how to properly do a ups shipment using our own software.

High Octane

Fleet Technician
People who cant drive a manual transmission properly and after burning out 2 clutches in 1 day claim they know how to drive a stick.

Idiots who start Package Cars in gear with clutch engaged.
Maybe you would like to put flywheels and starters in on a weekly basis.

Drivers who's trucks are worse than a septic tank. Yea I have to climb around in your stink pile. CLEAN IT once in a while, use a flippin trash can...!!!

Week minded drivers that drop their speed 10mph on a single lane road as soon as you get behind them, then speed up 20+mph when the road changes to two lanes so you cant pass them.

People on cell phones while driving.

Soccer moms who will kill anybody so little Timmy can get to the game on time.

maroon kids in POS foreign cars with a fart can on the exhaust driving like they are road racing everyone.

ALL drunk drivers!

Hedley_Lamarr

People who cant drive a manual transmission properly and after burning out 2 clutches in 1 day claim they know how to drive a stick.

Drivers who's trucks are worse than a septic tank. Yea I have to climb around in your stink pile. CLEAN IT once in a while, use a flippin trash can...!!!

Week minded drivers that drop their speed 10mph on a single lane road as soon as you get behind them, then speed up 20+mph when the road changes to two lanes so you cant pass them.

maroon kids in POS foreign cars with a fart can on the exhaust driving like they are road racing everyone.

ALL drunk drivers!
You should look on those not as pet peeves but as "challenges." The dirty truck thing gets me too. I was doing a split once and the truck smelled like a Jersey City bus station all day. Then I moved a package that was loaded on the floor, and found a driver release bag underneath that the driver the previous day had urinated in, and tossed on the floor. Now the package had pee all over the bottom, there was pee all over the floor of the truck. When I came in I told my supe I'm not driving this car till the wash the urine out of it....

over9five

Staff member

ALL drunk drivers!

Uhhh...welcome to Brown Cafe, High Octane..... Errr, nice first post...... you're not carrying, are you?