pet peeves

UPSmom

I have the biggest truck in the building an 800 (our centre is small) and having to do everyones bulk stops on the way out to my area. When I was a newbie, I had to make 2 trips and go back to the centre.
How about the swing driver that plans 2 hours under cause they don't break and they speed the whole time then tells everyone you slack and can do 20 more stops everyday. Not like you know that and have perfected your run. I've learned from the best:)

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
Just curious, MFL. What does a mechanic grieve that's work related?

What can't we grieve? Over time given to less senior guys first, sub- contracting, not being called in on a working holiday when that Monday is your day off, management doing our work, lots of stuff!

My gripe though is being put on notice of termination for work quality based on a PMI audit when I made the mistake of putting a fed in the truck and didn't go back to the PMI form and sign off on it, had I done that the truck would've never gone back into service that day. I had an extremely busy day and just got off of a terrible weekend with my son being sick, then came into work with seven of my trucks down. All I wanted was to get trucks up and running and made the very grave mistake of putting that truck back on line without first checking the PMI form.

When taken into the office my wonderful shop steward instead of defending me and understanding that I made a big mistake, was berating me for the quality of my work, not understanding or listening to me about this being a big mistake.
So basically I had to try to defend myself and now I have no idea what will happen at my hearing! I'm pissed to say the least and more upset with myself for making an error like this. Thats my vent!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
What can't we grieve? Over time given to less senior guys first, sub- contracting, not being called in on a working holiday when that Monday is your day off, management doing our work, lots of stuff!

My gripe though is being put on notice of termination for work quality based on a PMI audit when I made the mistake of putting a fed in the truck and didn't go back to the PMI form and sign off on it, had I done that the truck would've never gone back into service that day. I had an extremely busy day and just got off of a terrible weekend with my son being sick, then came into work with seven of my trucks down. All I wanted was to get trucks up and running and made the very grave mistake of putting that truck back on line without first checking the PMI form.

When taken into the office my wonderful shop steward instead of defending me and understanding that I made a big mistake, was berating me for the quality of my work, not understanding or listening to me about this being a big mistake.
So basically I had to try to defend myself and now I have no idea what will happen at my hearing! I'm pissed to say the least and more upset with myself for making an error like this. Thats my vent!
Am I understanding this correctly, in that your Shop Steward took you in a meeting with MGMT present, and tried to ream you in front of everyone?

M

Mike23

I get peeved about lots of stuff...I think we should switch to Suburban Autogroup to get the trunk monkey involved

Trunk Monkey Compilation

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
FED sticker on the doghouse or more commonly known as the Federal Annual Inspection sticker
hahaha thanks, couldn't imagine what UPS made up another acronym (friend.e.d.) for.
As far as your hearing, while it's still fresh in your mind, write up what happened that day (all those [-]trucks[/-]cars out of service, diagnoses made, parts acquired/ordered, repairs, etc. Hopefully you've got another steward or actual union rep you can get to represent you. Go over it in advance. Good luck (and most important-I hope your son is doing better).

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
hahaha thanks, couldn't imagine what UPS made up another acronym (friend.e.d.) for.
As far as your hearing, while it's still fresh in your mind, write up what happened that day (all those [-]trucks[/-]cars out of service, diagnoses made, parts acquired/ordered, repairs, etc. Hopefully you've got another steward or actual union rep you can get to represent you. Go over it in advance. Good luck (and most important-I hope your son is doing better).

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
People that give you the "hold on"/"one sec" hand, while they continue their phone conversation and don't sign the board.

People that pull into the bike lane and wait for a spot to open up in traffic and don't see the bike approaching down the steep hill of the bridge at 40mph. "Please clear the bike lane!!!".

M

Mike23

People that give you the "hold on"/"one sec" hand, while they continue their phone conversation and don't sign the board.

People that pull into the bike lane and wait for a spot to open up in traffic and don't see the bike approaching down the steep hill of the bridge at 40mph. "Please clear the bike lane!!!".

Biiiiike laaa-aaane? I'm not familiar with this term. Is t his something from the grandpa generation? :dissapointed: :wink2:

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

People that pull into the bike lane and wait for a spot to open up in traffic and don't see the bike approaching down the steep hill of the bridge at 40mph. "[-]Please clear the bike lane[/-]!!!". "Outta my way, Dag Nab It!!!"

Fixed it for ya gramps. :wink2: