Phil (Duck Dynasty) covered under 1st Amendment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkmac

I saw a great tweet today from British comedian Ricky Gervais. It said, "You should respect a person's right to hold a belief. You don't need to respect the actual belief. Ridiculous beliefs should be ridiculed."

I don't think this clown, Robertson should silenced, I think he should be amplified.

Like the old saying goes: If we don't protect free speech, how will we know who the :censored2:s are?

That is exactly why free speech is so important. If you believe in and want true transparency, this is the most sure way of getting it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So DriveInDriveOut, I'd love to hear your argument for disagreeing with my post. I don't think I posted anything that wasn't factual and whenever I deem I should hit the disagree button I then reply to said post to tell them why and perhaps convince them of my position.
How was he censored?
He gave an opinion. Got a huge national audience for his opinion. Got a fake suspension from his show. They didn't film anything without him. I guess it depends on how you look at it. To me, it looks like he wasn't censored at all, in fact he was handed a bigger audience.

M

MenInBrown

I think he was censored but I think they realized the publicity after the fact. Now they are smiling. :)

oldngray

nowhere special
A&E initially bowed to pressure from groups like GLAAD and started to censor Phil, then saw the dollar signs and reversed themselves.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
You may be entitled to your own opinion but not to your own word definitions:

Censorship is the suppression of speech or other public communication which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, politically incorrect or inconvenient as determined by a government, media outlet or other controlling body. It can be done by governments and private organizations ...

Don't you ever learn?

If anything, he was given a bigger audience, how is that censorship?

Nimnim

The Nim
How was he censored?
He gave an opinion. Got a huge national audience for his opinion. Got a fake suspension from his show. They didn't film anything without him. I guess it depends on how you look at it. To me, it looks like he wasn't censored at all, in fact he was handed a bigger audience.

I responded to a post saying there wasn't an attempt to censor to which I declared that wasn't true and gave evidence to support it. We can certainly debate if he was actually censored, but my point was there indeed was an attempt to do so.

Thanks for responding to my question.

island1fox

You're gonna have to clarify what you're saying. It doesn't make any sense. It seemed obvious to me that my comments are directly connected to the discussion.

Drac,

If this went over your head --keep sucking blood ---because obviously you have no idea what the --pro gay --anti gay is "centered" upon.

Stick with the neck --the discussion involves other parts of the anatomy !!

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Drac,

If this went over your head --keep sucking blood ---because obviously you have no idea what the --pro gay --anti gay is "centered" upon.

Drac,

Ahh, yes, so very clever of you.

It's funny how people like you and Robertson have such a concerning interest in the anatomy of gay men.

A tell, I think they call it.

over9five

Staff member
Yes. I had to get in a plug for more educational, real, and less controversial reality TV--"Finding Bigfoot".:)
May I suggest "Ghost Hunters" as well?
I don't believe either group has come close to finding what they're looking for!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Alec-Duck-Beard.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.