Prayers for Birmingham facility

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
I am in no means condoning the murder of the two management people. We have not heard the entire story and probably never will. Everyone has a breaking point and Kerry reached his. I am sure that management played a large part in his breaking but that does not justify his actions. If only UPS were to have people (like the George Clooney character in the movie "Up in the Air") to ease them out of UPS, these incidents could stop. Even if this was the lowest employee that was caught doing wrong, we need to be treated as humans and not as numbers. Only good can come from treating employees this way, if only to show them the errors of their ways.

Karma is a bitch

Be careful what you say
No one should. Be surprised by the killing of a manager and supervisor by a ups worker. Just surprised that it hasn't happened more often. The constant harassment and firings by management will eventually drive a good worker to their boiling point. Time to take notice ups and stop the crap ungainst the workers before this becomes the norm

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
In this situation, it was hourly on supervisor violence. It could have just as easily been a manager that lost it.
That won't surprise me either when it happens.

worldwide

No one should. Be surprised by the killing of a manager and supervisor by a ups worker. Just surprised that it hasn't happened more often. The constant harassment and firings by management will eventually drive a good worker to their boiling point. Time to take notice ups and stop the crap ungainst the workers before this becomes the norm

I posted this in another thread but I feel it is also appropriate here.

Could not disagree with you more. There is only one person to blame here - the person that pulled the trigger.

Every person has stress in their life. Every company wants their employees to do more and more with less and less. Every job has stress, some more than others. Every person has had a boss and/or co-workers that were jerks and SOB's. Every person has been cut off while driving and had some degree of road rage. Every person has had customers they want to punch in the face. Life is full of stress and sometimes you don't get what you want or feel "they" are out to get you and life is not fair.

With all that being said, there is no one to blame other than the shooter - he is responsible for murdering two innocent people and destroying the lives of their families, as well as his own family. We are all responsible for our own actions. Blaming others for our own decisions, actions and place in life seems to be what this culture has evolved into. Less and less people accept responsibility for their actions and instead, blame others or lash out at others they feel are responsible for the situations they created themselves.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
There is a lesson, to be learned from this.

History.... always repeats itself.

In this day and age.... copycats abound.

The proverbial "pandora's box" has been opened.

Will the company learn.... or continue in their ways ?

Food for thought.

-Bug-

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Lets get all the facts first before we start blaming anybody other than the creep shooter.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

Let me start by saying 20,000,000+ people get fired or laid off EVERY YEAR.
http://mollysmiddleamerica.blogspot.com/2013/08/how-many-people-are-fired-each-year-in.html

Some deal with less BS than a UPS driver, some deal with more.
Last time I checked, we didn't have 20 million work-related shootings last year.
Your post and point of view have FAILED !!!

failure.gif

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

BTW, You also failed at English.
english-fail.gif

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

The fact the no one is shocked that this happened......ups should be embarrassed that everyone feels they create a hostile work environment......that being said no one should ever take a gun and shoot people then yourself......nothing at work can be that bad

Sent using BrownCafe App

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
There is a lesson, to be learned from this.

History.... always repeats itself.

In this day and age.... copycats abound.

The proverbial "pandora's box" has been opened.

Will the company learn.... or continue in their ways ?

Food for thought.

-Bug-
I think a manager buyout is coming and lets look back and remember good people with knowledge of routes and building experience left us, then here comes technology to make the simple delivery and pick up job harder with less care and service. Maybe we should change the word service to servants.

Last edited:

wayfair

swollen member
wait until you get ORION......if you don’t already have it......Drivers crowded around a computer screen “OFF THE CLOCK”......I filed for each one of them to be paid......they now turn off the screens in the AM

could you send me a PM of a copy of the grievances, I would love for someone here to do that!!!