Prayers for Birmingham facility

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm surprised an on car sup hasn't cracked yet. I mean those guys are taking heat from both directions. Talk about being placed squarely in the middle of something. For some people crap rolls down hill...then back up.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I'm surprised an on car sup hasn't cracked yet. I mean those guys are taking heat from both directions. Talk about being placed squarely in the middle of something. For some people crap rolls down hill...then back up.
Middle management are yes men controlled by reports dictated from upstairs thru corporate passed down thru morning meetings conducted by center managers that have no ass left.

PhatAzz

It was the ONLY subject in the PCM this morning. Entire PCM about this event. Prayers and thoughts to everyone that was touched by this horrible thing.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Only three, right?
This is the biggest thing since the contract!
We could probably use a couple more angles.
It's certainly important and stirs up a lot of feelings. Just saying when it comes to threads about the same thing, it's easier to follow one or two threads.

upsbeernut

It was the ONLY subject in the PCM this morning. Entire PCM about this event. Prayers and thoughts to everyone that was touched by this horrible thing.
There must be some heart there, I'm impressed and proud they had showed some compassion and respect.

wayfair

swollen member
stretching here," get ORION miles down" and a crash that lead to an overturned PC that caught fire and"what could have prevented that?..."

d-rek357

People keep talking about the hostile environment and not to justify it but they can see how it happened. I personally don't buy it. Is it hostile? Yup. But he got fired and came back to shoot them, it's not like he was being harassed, went to his car, got a gun and did it. I don't know but it seems like he actually couldn't go on without the job, which makes me believe it was not so much of a hostile place that when he was fired he didn't just say, "well I'm better off now, less stress,"and move on.

He had been off for 3 months no constant harassment from management. No unrealistic numbers. No ORION. Probably more stress of wondering about his panel meeting. Bottom line is a selfish, unstable man and I stress man, destroyed at least 3 families. Why?

For the record I do not condone harassment, unrealistic numbers, Orion, dispatchers, or UPS management style but I personally don't think that was the main factor.

Just my 2cents.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upsbeernut

stretching here," get ORION miles down" and a crash that lead to an overturned PC that caught fire and"what could have prevented that?..."
Yes this continuous push to change or tinker with something that's not broken creates problems without warning. Its like your on your own but in a controlled environment. Anything can happen.

upsbeernut

People keep talking about the hostile environment and not to justify it but they can see how it happened. I personally don't buy it. Is it hostile? Yup. But he got fired and came back to shoot them, it's not like he was being harassed, went to his car, got a gun and did it. I don't know but it seems like he actually couldn't go on without the job, which makes me believe it was not so much of a hostile place that when he was fired he didn't just say, "well I'm better off now, less stress,"and move on.

He had been off for 3 months no constant harassment from management. No unrealistic numbers. No ORION. Probably more stress of wondering about his panel meeting. Bottom line is a selfish, unstable man and I stress man, destroyed at least 3 families. Why?

For the record I do not condone harassment, unrealistic numbers, Orion, dispatchers, or UPS management style but I personally don't think that was the main factor.

Just my 2cents.

Sent using BrownCafe App
It wasn't the stress of the job, he unexpectedly snapped cause of financial pressure, still wondering how he was allowed back in, your id is taken on the spot. And how was a gun undetected? Your gonna see a tighter security over the next few years.

d-rek357

It wasn't the stress of the job, he unexpectedly snapped cause of financial pressure, still wondering how he was allowed back in, your id is taken on the spot. And how was a gun undetected? Your gonna see a tighter security over the next few years.

They say he drove in to the building.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That radiator was only worth that much to that racing team and would have been useless to almost anyone else. It is very easy to pick up a package that wasn't supposed to be shipped if it is sitting with the pickup pieces. Which brings the question of why was that radiator sitting with the pickup pieces anyway? It sounds like that company tried to blame everything on UPS and the driver but the courts disagreed. Whatever he was fired over must have been something else though it may have been an escalation from that original incident. I think I saw the date he won the court case was exactly 1 year ago to the exact day which is a very big coincidence if unrelated.

Note: @techie desires that we stop speculating.
As per,your request.
Please NO! What was I thinking.