President Obama!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamabastic !!

He wants to raise $$$, so he has Cee Lo say sing "fluk you" . That's classy, real classy.

(ABC News) — Singer Cee Lo Green just finished performing his hit song at President Obama’s campaign fundraiser at the Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta, Ga., and he started with the uncensored version.

The Grammy-winner and Atlanta native flicked off the audience before asking, “Can I curse in here?” But he didn’t wait for the answer, belting out “friend* you!” Cee Lo ultimately switched to the censored “Forget You” lyrics.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney refused to comment on the song earlier today when pressed by reporters aboard Air Force One. Carney did admit that the president is “a fan” of Cee Lo’s music and might have his songs on his iPod.

At an earlier fundraiser today, the president was interrupted by a “Ludacris” song when someone’s phone started ringing.

“Woah. Got some ‘Luda’ on there?” the president asked of the person’s ring tone, eliciting some hearty laughter from the crowd. “I hope it’s the clean version.”

moreluck

golden ticket member

I do admit to having a degree of skepticism whenever I click on a link from Weasel Zippers and, sadly, 9 times out of 10 my skepticism is confirmed. I'll use example---"Obama Begged Democrats..." or something to that effect---was one of her recent links. I already knew in my mind that WZ had switched the word "lobbied" for "begged" because the latter sells more papers than the former. I clicked on the article and my thoughts were confirmed---the word "lobbied" was mentioned several times while the only mention of "begged" was in the headlines. Lobbying lawmakers is nothing new so why the need to change the word? Bias and agenda.
For the 800th time I changed nothing....the word "begged" WAS already in the headline. You are so biased and have an agenda against me that you don't recognize the truth when I tell it to you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

For the 800th time I changed nothing....the word "begged" WAS already in the headline. You are so biased and have an agenda against me that you don't recognize the truth when I tell it to you.

No, you didn't change anything, but you posted what was clearly a misleading headline without bothering to verify if the article and headline matched. This reflects poorly on your source and you as a forum member. All I am asking is that you verify the link(s) before you post them---is that too much to ask?

moreluck

golden ticket member

No, you didn't change anything, but you posted what was clearly a misleading headline without bothering to verify if the article and headline matched. This reflects poorly on your source and you as a forum member. All I am asking is that you verify the link(s) before you post them---is that too much to ask?

I had the full article in front of me and chose to post it. I did not write a letter to the author to ask him if he meant to put that word in his article.....do you contact the author of any piece you post??
When I verify a "link"....it means when I click on that link, the reader is taken to the story I meant to post.

If you are the reader and you click on a link and it takes you to the story, then I'm done!! Anymore than that and you are asking too much and asking about things like words that are out of my control!! I do have the alternative to post just the entire article, but then you'd be complaining about things being too long.
I don't ever plan to please a narcissistic misogynist!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No, you need to dig deeper, unless of course you think "begged" and "lobbied" are one in the same.

It doesn't really matter. I have long considered you to be a member known more for the quantity of your posts rather than their quality. If you don't have a problem posting half-truths and outright fabrications than I guess we should come to expect those from you and thereby discount anything that you have to say.

Yes, Tex, that would be my moreluck bias/agenda. Dave.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Where is Gingrich the most popular? The South. Simplistic messages such as this work well in the South. The rest of the nation realizes that $2.50/gallon gas is unrealistic and also realize that Gingrich has little else of substance to offer and dismiss him as an afterthought.

Romney may be the frontrunner but is hardly the overwhelming choice.

The Obamas need not worry about saving boxes and bubble wrap, hiring movers or forwarding their mail come November.
You insult the South with your comment just not as much as Bill Maher does. ...simplistic messages for all those simple people in the south implies things when I read it.

moreluck

golden ticket member

No, you need to dig deeper, unless of course you think "begged" and "lobbied" are one in the same.

It doesn't really matter. I have long considered you to be a member known more for the quantity of your posts rather than their quality. If you don't have a problem posting half-truths and outright fabrications than I guess we should come to expect those from you and thereby discount anything that you have to say.

Yes, Tex, that would be my moreluck bias/agenda. Dave.

I'd advise you not to click on any links I post........you won't agree with any of them, so why stress yourself out?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Where is Gingrich the most popular? The South. Simplistic messages such as this work well in the South. The rest of the nation realizes that $2.50/gallon gas is unrealistic and also realize that Gingrich has little else of substance to offer and dismiss him as an afterthought.

Romney may be the frontrunner but is hardly the overwhelming choice.

The Obamas need not worry about saving boxes and bubble wrap, hiring movers or forwarding their mail come November.

No, not all the rest of the nation see $2.509 as unrealistic, that would be another false assumption .

moreluck

golden ticket member

Lobbied means: Seek to Influence

Begged means: Ask earnestly or humbly for something

Have fun!

There's no argument here because neither upstate or I chose the words. It's some writer, somewhere who doesn't know the difference.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Lobbied means: Seek to Influence

Begged means: Ask earnestly or humbly for something

Have fun!

Thank you.

moreluck, you can see my dilemma now as a result of your misleading headline. You made it sound as though Obama was asking earnestly or humbly whle all he was doing was seeking to influence the Democrats to support his position.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You must live too far south, too ! You think refinery costs make up 40% of the price ?
As of this week, it costs just over 50 cents per gallon to refine gas and that's with profits taken.

Estimated 2012 Gasoline Price Breakdown & Margins Details
We have many many blends....for different states. That's extra money to make different gas for different places. It's not just refining, it's more.

Some say it would be counter productive too because of the re-tooling to change. Two sides.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Re: Obamanation here today

Dr. John Drew was saying that media interviewed him about his encounters with Obama at Occidental college, but main stream media simply didn’t report a word of truth of what he was saying.
He said that he knew Obama from Obama’s days at Occidental college. His opinion was following:

1. Obama did not associate with Christian black students, he associated himself mostly with rich Muslim exchange students. His closest friend was a Muslim student from Pakistan Hassan Shandu. Obama was mostly drawn to those students who were flushing lots of money, expansive cars and cocaine. He remembers him as a militant Marxist, who believed that this country will have to undergo a communist revolution.

2. It was really suspicious that Obama did not hold any jobs while being a student. Obama claims that he came from a poor family with a single mother and no father. Dr. Drew was saying that he (Dr. Drew) came from a poor family, was a top student in academics and athletics and he had a full scholarship to Occidental college, and he had to work to support himself and make ends meet. Obama was not a good student at Occidental, so where did he get the money to sustain himself? Clearly somebody was giving him money. Dr. Drew suspected that money was coming from his rich Muslim Pakistani friends. Obama kept friendship with them for years. 11 years later Shandu was at his wedding.

3. Dr. Drew’s first impression of Obama and Shandu was that they were a gay couple. He said that they stayed very close and behaved like a gay couple. He was saying that the fact that for some ten years, from age 9-19 Obama was in close contact with a known bisexual pervert and suspected pedophile Frank Marshall Davis, leads him to suspect that Obama was molested by Davies and leads him to believe that Obama is indeed gay or bisexual and his whole person is a show, a cover.

moreluck

golden ticket member

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Re: Obamanation here today

Obama was in Atlanta yesterday, he did three fundraisers in five hours. If you had $35K, you could go to Tyler Perry's house and eat dinner with him. My son actually got invited by one of his film making buddies. I'm glad he left town quickly, it just tied up traffic in some places. He won't win Georgia in the Election, so he doesn't spend much time here.