President Obama!

av8torntn

Not if it eventually does away with people using the ER as their primary care. You know--personal responsibility and all.

That's "strained logic" at best. Your big idea is to fix a bad government regulation with a bad government regulation. Brilliant!!

"Governmental subsidy systems promote inefficiency in production and efficiency in coercion and subservience, while penalizing efficiency in production and inefficiency in predation."-MR for WK

bbsam

Staff member
That's "strained logic" at best. Your big idea is to fix a bad government regulation with a bad government regulation. Brilliant!!

"Governmental subsidy systems promote inefficiency in production and efficiency in coercion and subservience, while penalizing efficiency in production and inefficiency in predation."-MR for WK
I think to you, all government regulation is bad regulation. I disagree and think bad regulation should be improved but "bad and good" regulation is left to the voters to decide.

av8torntn

I think to you, all government regulation is bad regulation. I disagree and think bad regulation should be improved but "bad and good" regulation is left to the voters to decide.

PS the voter don't get to decide regulation.

PPS this is supposed to be a representative republic not a democracy.

PPPS regulations can go away.

av8torntn

What meaningful regulation has gone away?

So we accept your premise that something that has not happened is therefore impossible?

"Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any farther obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence." John Locke for wk.

bbsam

Staff member
Sure. And Fred S could welcome the union into Express. Just because it hasn't happened...actually does mean something.

av8torntn

Sure. And Fred S could welcome the union into Express. Just because it hasn't happened...actually does mean something.

Then using your logic if a/any regulation has been repealed then a/any regulation can be repealed? You do not have to answer that's your implication. It's a simple fact that regulations have been repealed. I can think of at least one law that you would probably support that repealed regulations.

The federal government through regulation used to in the not very distant past prohibit banks from paying interest on demand deposits. Without getting so far over your head that regulation was recently repealed.

bbsam

Staff member
Then using your logic if a/any regulation has been repealed then a/any regulation can be repealed? You do not have to answer that's your implication. It's a simple fact that regulations have been repealed. I can think of at least one law that you would probably support that repealed regulations.

The federal government through regulation used to in the not very distant past prohibit banks from paying interest on demand deposits. Without getting so far over your head that regulation was recently repealed.
Hard to say. What effect on the majority of Americans did that repeal have?

moreluck

golden ticket member
to-learn-who-rules-over-you-voltaire.jpeg

wkmac

I've said this before to you but you really should read the recently passed left historian Gabriel Kolko's "The Triumph of Conservativism" as it relates to regulation and it's purpose. It's not always what it seems.

Kolko was no fan of libertarianism or free markets for that matter but his work among many in those circles consider his work as "must reads." I also agree.

av8torntn

Well I see I tweaked AV enough to read and quote Rothbard so it's a start.:wink-very:

You're a little late to the party for that. The tweaked from me is the hate talk from you. People tend to categorize people and that wasn't the box I had you in was all. Now I see and I didn't like being incorrect.