President Trump

newfie

I dunno. If Trump weren't President right now, he probably would have been convicted of felonies right alongside Cohen.

"

educate yourself instead of listening to CNN all the time

President Donald Trump’s former attorney, Michael Cohen, may have been convinced by the Office of the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York to plead guilty to a supposed violation of campaign finance law, but that doesn’t mean that what happened is actually a federal crime.

In fact, neither the Federal Election Commission—which is the independent agency tasked with enforcing the Federal Election Campaign Act—nor its former commissioners would likely agree with the overaggressive view that the Southern District is taking. Indeed, the Southern District’s aggressive stance on this issue might have violated the Justice Department’s own policy.

Trump’s Ex-Lawyer Didn’t Violate Campaign Finance Laws, and Neither Did the President

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
Not based on election malfeasance. But the House investigation on all matters Trump should prove interesting starting with those pesky tax returns.

Yep. Subpoena and investigatory power will be big.

I'm wondering why/how the Republicans haven't TKO'd Hillary with all that power and apparent evidence while they've been in charge for what, 8ish years now?

Box Ox

educate yourself instead of listening to CNN all the time

President Donald Trump’s former attorney, Michael Cohen, may have been convinced by the Office of the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York to plead guilty to a supposed violation of campaign finance law, but that doesn’t mean that what happened is actually a federal crime.

In fact, neither the Federal Election Commission—which is the independent agency tasked with enforcing the Federal Election Campaign Act—nor its former commissioners would likely agree with the overaggressive view that the Southern District is taking. Indeed, the Southern District’s aggressive stance on this issue might have violated the Justice Department’s own policy.

Trump’s Ex-Lawyer Didn’t Violate Campaign Finance Laws, and Neither Did the President

The Heritage Foundation claims Cohen was convinced to plead guilty to felony charges but didn't do anything illegal. Sure thing.

newfie

Yep. Subpoena and investigatory power will be big.

I'm wondering why/how the Republicans haven't TKO'd Hillary with all that power and apparent evidence while they've been in charge for what, 8ish years now?

they weren't in charge when that investigation was botched. They had to weed out all the Clinton lovers in the DOJ first give it time.

did you see the riveting testimony on the Clinton foundation the other day by whistle blowers. of course not MSM did not want you to see it.

its slow coming but its coming.

Box Ox

they weren't in charge when that investigation was botched. They had to weed out all the Clinton lovers in the DOJ first give it time.

did you see the riveting testimony on the Clinton foundation the other day by whistle blowers. of course not MSM did not want you to see it.

its slow coming but its coming.

Hey, if they've got her on something, drag her out of bed in the middle of the night and charge her.

newfie

Hey, if they've got her on something, drag her out of bed in the middle of the night and charge her.

that's a smug sounding Clinton lover if I ever heard one. you have the Clinton autographed pressure socks too? maybe one of those mumu's with the built in battery pack and defibrulator?

It will be fine

Well of course he did. He would have been eviscerated if he had sat on that. What it comes down to is, while some here like to say no prosecutable crimes were found, Comey actually said there were crimes committed but he didn't believe it was her intent to commit crimes. Intent! Yeah, go commit a felony and tell the judge it wasn't your intent to commit a crime. And if he asks why did you try to cover it up too you can give him an innocent look and say you were unaware that that was not allowed. Of course you'll get completely off the hook.
That’s a good summation of Trump’s campaign finance felony defense.

newfie

Show us the facts, then. Jumping into accusations of people wearing mumus and pressure socks seems to point to a lack of actual substance on your part.

I have listed quite a few and you keep pretending you didn't see them and you then keep espousing your "expert" opinion while ignoring and avoiding the expert opinion I have offered from actual campaign fiancé experts.

you have totally ignored the expert opinion of constitutional lawyer dershowitz who clearly states that trump can do whatever he wants with his own money.

all of this I have posted here just so you can ignore it and instead offer your own "expert" opinion.

newfie

It’s almost as if different people can interpret the law in different ways. Maybe we should have an adversarial system where opposing sides can argue about their interpretations?

the different people you quoted from who I have listed here are campaign finance experts. do you have any?