President Trump

vantexan

Not everyone that doesn’t work in a Union shop cuts and runs...

You do you.

(Happy here in the States)
You think I invented this? Millions of Americans live overseas. About 8 million last I heard. Stands to reason if our ancestors came here seeking a better life that we have that prerogative to do the same elsewhere.

LarryBird

By percentage of the existing national debt, yes. Who actually spent the most? Barack Obama. By far. And can you point to any other president who gave half a billion to one company that went bankrupt like he did with Solyndra? A company that he was warned not to give money to buy he did because they were big campus contributors. You can revise history all you want, but Obama gave us a stagnant economy while spending like never before.
Obama inherited an economic disaster of the likes not seen since perhaps the great depression, two foreign wars, and a hostile congress. The fact that he accomplished all he did, managed to not only fix the economy, but handed it off to Trump humming along nicely despite the bailouts and the stimulus programs etc is a :censored2:ing triumph, if you ask most informed people. He deserves the credit for our current economic prosperity that Trump is claiming for himself, as is his typical modus operandi. Literally any economist worth his salt would tell you that. We will not be feeling the effects of the Trump policies for a few years down the road.

I'm not an Obama apologist. In fact, I was somewhat disappointed by his presidency. I thought he would do much more than he did, but I understand the challenges he faced, and recognize he did as good a job as was humanly possible with the roadblocks put in front of him at every turn by the gop.

He didn't pass the buck like Trump would've. He owned his situation and held this country together despite the initial seeds of discord and divisiveness that Trump is currently fueling 1st appearing under his watch. He was a class act. Donald Trump should've taken notes on how to be presidential from him - I would argue he was the smartest president we've had in a long time and acted the part as well as anyone ever has.

It's a :censored2: shame how the congress treated him and leveraged this nation to play politics. He was held hostage and the ransom was the economic and personal safety of the American people - they should all be ashamed. It made me sad to be an American, and they still don't give :censored2:, which makes me sadder. They're still playing with fire for political reasons - shutdowns and the like - as if there's no consequences for the taxpayers/citizens of this nation.

That's why there should be term limits for congress and why campaign contributions should come from a taxpayer slush fund. Everyone gets their war chest to start out with and that's it. Everyone gets their term and whatever they accomplish during it and then it's over and on to the next. This fund raising for the next campaign starts on day 1 after they're elected, and MAKE NO MISTAKE, that's all they're worried about - re-election. That's the basis of all congress' decisions, not the good of the nation. It's pathetic. And we allow it.

BrownArmy

You think I invented this? Millions of Americans live overseas. About 8 million last I heard. Stands to reason if our ancestors came here seeking a better life that we have that prerogative to do the same elsewhere.

Yah, totally, you do you.

Not everyone makes it here, no worries.

LarryBird

Having to depend on social security is a full blown life financial failure. It's a safety net for people who failed. Sometimes it's necessary.

But it's really odd to hear someone bragging about that.

If it'll provide a good life elsewhere I'm happy. Not everyone gets to work in a union shop.

Not everyone that doesn’t work in a Union shop cuts and runs...

You do you.

(Happy here in the States)
Whoa whoa whoa. Hit the brakes. Back up the deetz truck, fellas. Fill a homeboy in.

vantexan

Obama inherited an economic disaster of the likes not seen since perhaps the great depression, two foreign wars, and a hostile congress. The fact that he accomplished all he did, managed to not only fix the economy, but handed it off to Trump humming along nicely despite the bailouts and the stimulus programs etc is a :censored2:ing triumph, if you ask most informed people. He deserves the credit for our current economic prosperity that Trump is claiming for himself, as is his typical modus operandi. Literally any economist worth his salt would tell you that. We will not be feeling the effects of the Trump policies for a few years down the road.

I'm not an Obama apologist. In fact, I was somewhat disappointed by his presidency. I thought he would do much more than he did, but I understand the challenges he faced, and recognize he did as good a job as was humanly possible with the roadblocks put in front of him at every turn by the gop.

He didn't pass the buck like Trump would've. He owned his situation and held this country together despite the initial seeds of discord and divisiveness that Trump is currently fueling 1st appearing under his watch. He was a class act. Donald Trump should've taken notes on how to be presidential from him - I would argue he was the smartest president we've had in a long time and acted the part as well as anyone ever has.

It's a :censored2: shame how the congress treated him and leveraged this nation to play politics. He was held hostage and the ransom was the economic and personal safety of the American people - they should all be ashamed. It made me sad to be an American, and they still don't give :censored2:, which makes me sadder. They're still playing with fire for political reasons - shutdowns and the like - as if there's no consequences for the taxpayers/citizens of this nation.

That's why there should be term limits for congress and why campaign contributions should come from a taxpayer slush fund. Everyone gets their war chest to start out with and that's it. Everyone gets their term and whatever they accomplish during it and then it's over and on to the next. This fund raising for the next campaign starts on day 1 after they're elected, and MAKE NO MISTAKE, that's all they're worried about - re-election. That's the basis of all congress' decisions, not the good of the nation. It's pathetic. And we allow it.
I agree with some of what you say but Obama has to at some point own the economy. His regulations but a heavy burden on business and produced a stagnant economy. If you were a well paid UPS driver you probably thought things were going well. But for too many people it was a very difficult economy to do well in and things didn't start going much better until Trump came in and lowered corporate taxes and rescinded a lot of Obama's regulations. And let's not even mention foreign policy unless you point out that the whole Middle East fell apart in large part due to Obama's lack of leadership. Whatever the economy was doing his foreign policy was a disaster. I didn't vote for Trump in the primary but I'm glad now that he won. Hillary would've meant more of the same, stagnation, at best.

Indecisi0n

I agree with some of what you say but Obama has to at some point own the economy. His regulations but a heavy burden on business and produced a stagnant economy. If you were a well paid UPS driver you probably thought things were going well. But for too many people it was a very difficult economy to do well in and things didn't start going much better until Trump came in and lowered corporate taxes and rescinded a lot of Obama's regulations. And let's not even mention foreign policy unless you point out that the whole Middle East fell apart in large part due to Obama's lack of leadership. Whatever the economy was doing his foreign policy was a disaster. I didn't vote for Trump in the primary but I'm glad now that he won. Hillary would've meant more of the same, stagnation, at best.
There is a huge difference between helping small business owners and large corporations .

BrownArmy

Don’t feel bad, you should have stuck around for all the winning we’re experiencing.

Scratch that, you still would have failed.

Enjoy your fiber-optic Netflix.

vantexan

Don’t feel bad, you should have stuck around for all the winning we’re experiencing.

Scratch that, you still would have failed.

Enjoy your fiber-optic Netflix.
Personally I think finding a way out of all the mess is winning. But enjoy your toys. And keep at it because new vehicles, new toys have a way of becoming old hat after awhile.

BrownArmy

Personally I think finding a way out of all the mess is winning. But enjoy your toys. And keep at it because new vehicles, new toys have a way of becoming old hat after awhile.

Lulz, my ‘toys’ are a house I can grow old in, a wife who’s my partner, and a couple of kids I love.

Was that your problem?

Too many toys?

vantexan

Lulz, my ‘toys’ are a house I can grow old in, a wife who’s my partner, and a couple of kids I love.

Was that your problem?

Too many toys?
Nope, pay too low but hung in for pension. Then economy crashed same time they ended pension. Then health issues. And I quit in '97 after 11 years, rehired in '98. That hit me harder than anything, but was back 15 years before quitting again at $18.17hr.

LarryBird

What mess is this joker in?

How did he :censored2: up his life so badly he had to leave the country to fix it?

Inquiring minds want to know, asking for a friend, etc.

I'm always curious when people in dire financial straights are republicans. Since they obviously vote against their own interests and for people who want to end the entitlement and social programs they rely on to live.

BrownArmy

And you had/have pay to pay for all of that.

I have no problem paying for all of that, and I mean that in a metaphysical sense.

It’s what I want, I’ve worked for it, and now I have it.

Sorry about your troubles, but don’t cry for me, I have zero issues with working hard and succeeding.

LarryBird

I have no problem paying for all of that, and I mean that in a metaphysical sense.

It’s what I want, I’ve worked for it, and now I have it.

Sorry about your troubles, but don’t cry for me, I have zero issues with working hard and succeeding.
And why would you?

That's why we work harder than just about anyone in this country - to be able to pay for what we want and enjoy and to provide a good life for our families.

Brah seems salty that his life is in shambles.