President Trump

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
People who hate the military send our soldiers to die for nothing in third world countries no one really cares about.
Run your mouth about anything you want, but do not dishonor any veteran of any branch who was killed anywhere by saying they died for nothing.
Every death of an American soldier, no matter which war, no matter the political motive, and regardless of your worthless opinion, is to be honored and respected.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Run your mouth about anything you want, but do not dishonor any veteran of any branch who was killed anywhere by saying they died for nothing.
Every death of an American soldier, no matter which war, no matter the political motive, and regardless of your worthless opinion, is to be honored and respected.
You are dishonoring and disrespecting our soldiers by supporting unnecessary unjust wars. Sorry that you're all butthurt about it.

El Correcto

god is dead

El Correcto

god is dead
So just another Drumpf failure. Lol
I don’t care about trade deficit and tariffs.

I’m just saying for better or worse his tariffs could reduce the trade deficit. Tariffs are incentives through taxation to have companies buy more expensive domestic products and support American labor.

El Correcto

god is dead
It amuses me democrats are now critics of protectionist policies such as border control and tariffs. These used to be Bernie Sanders talking points.

Trump is a 90’s democrat Populist with some minor conservative twists to make him electable in the Republican Party.

The man is far from radically right wing.

bbsam

Staff member
I don’t care about trade deficit and tariffs.

I’m just saying for better or worse his tariffs could reduce the trade deficit. Tariffs are incentives through taxation to have companies buy more expensive domestic products and support American labor.
I remember the last time anyone acted like they cared about American labor. It was right after the Trump tax cuts. Companies that were going to realize billions in tax cuts year after year were feeling “generous” and giving out one time bonuses.

Stupid American labor. They fall for it every time.

vantexan

I remember the last time anyone acted like they cared about American labor. It was right after the Trump tax cuts. Companies that were going to realize billions in tax cuts year after year were feeling “generous” and giving out one time bonuses.

Stupid American labor. They fall for it every time.
Companies who realized billions in tax cuts are in a stronger position to hire and competing for workers raises wages. The problem with your side is you think there should be a workers utopia with everyone getting great pay and living the good life. It's reflected in fantasy legislation you support like the Green New Deal. Anything less and you feel ripped off. And yet you yourself won't try to make things better by taking less so that you can pay your employees more. It's always what those guys over there should do. And those guys over there are always Republicans. Gives you a group you can hate on for all the wrongs in the world, imagined or not.

vantexan

It amuses me democrats are now critics of protectionist policies such as border control and tariffs. These used to be Bernie Sanders talking points.

Trump is a 90’s democrat Populist with some minor conservative twists to make him electable in the Republican Party.

The man is far from radically right wing.
And when he was a Democrat he was their buddy.

bbsam

Staff member
Companies who realized billions in tax cuts are in a stronger position to hire and competing for workers raises wages. The problem with your side is you think there should be a workers utopia with everyone getting great pay and living the good life. It's reflected in fantasy legislation you support like the Green New Deal. Anything less and you feel ripped off. And yet you yourself won't try to make things better by taking less so that you can pay your employees more. It's always what those guys over there should do. And those guys over there are always Republicans. Gives you a group you can hate on for all the wrongs in the world, imagined or not.
Lol. Ok van. We’re on Brown Cafe. If you don’t like my first example of Corporate America not giving a damn about labor, ask the folks around here what they think about their new contract. A contract where they again give back to a company that recorded $6 billion in profits BEFORE the huge tax savings.

Wages have been stagnant for 35 years. This “competition increasing wages”, a classic of supply side economics, is woefully slow and easily reversed. What’s that mean? Labor gets a pittance until companies decide to pull back. Tiny bump in pay, zero security.

bbsam

Staff member
t's reflected in fantasy legislation you support like the Green New Deal.

Actually I don’t know anything about it. I do know that when the government points industry in a direction, industry shrugs its shoulders and innovation takes hold.

When Obama started his “war on coal”, electric power plants converted to natural gas and they haven’t gone back to coal. Why? Because it’s cheaper, cleaner and easier to stay with natural gas.

When government bailed out the auto industry, conservatives screamed and cried. Now they’re touting the strength of FCA and their huge upcoming expansion.

Face it. The huge and terrible government has been very good for industry in this country.

bbsam

Staff member
66008955-3FDD-4214-8996-8712551FDEFD.jpeg

Children not in cages...WTF Secretary Nielsen?!?

vantexan

Lol. Ok van. We’re on Brown Cafe. If you don’t like my first example of Corporate America not giving a damn about labor, ask the folks around here what they think about their new contract. A contract where they again give back to a company that recorded $6 billion in profits BEFORE the huge tax savings.

Wages have been stagnant for 35 years. This “competition increasing wages”, a classic of supply side economics, is woefully slow and easily reversed. What’s that mean? Labor gets a pittance until companies decide to pull back. Tiny bump in pay, zero security.
What is the total payroll of UPS? I imagine it's huge. Much more than $6 Billion. So if they took every penny of profit and gave it to the drivers and other employees how much more would you get? And that leaves no after tax profit to invest in new technology, acquire other companies, reward stockholders, etc. And frankly most working class Americans would be thrilled to have your pay and benefits but their companies aren't in a position to provide that. It's too easy to divide us by talking about the greed and not giving a damn. But a closer examination, which is often lacking around here, tells a different story.

vantexan

Actually I don’t know anything about it. I do know that when the government points industry in a direction, industry shrugs its shoulders and innovation takes hold.

When Obama started his “war on coal”, electric power plants converted to natural gas and they haven’t gone back to coal. Why? Because it’s cheaper, cleaner and easier to stay with natural gas.

When government bailed out the auto industry, conservatives screamed and cried. Now they’re touting the strength of FCA and their huge upcoming expansion.

Face it. The huge and terrible government has been very good for industry in this country.
And the huge and terrible government of AOC now wants us completely off fossil fuels. Not to mention that the copious supplies of natural gas are due to fracking, a fairly recent innovation by private industry that environmentalists who are against all fossil fuels despise. Without the fracking power plants would be charging exorbitant amounts for electric since the government pushed out coal.

bbsam

Staff member
And the huge and terrible government of AOC now wants us completely off fossil fuels. Not to mention that the copious supplies of natural gas are due to fracking, a fairly recent innovation by private industry that environmentalists who are against all fossil fuels despise. Without the fracking power plants would be charging exorbitant amounts for electric since the government pushed out coal.
Lol. You’re completely hooked by an unhinged right-wing propaganda machine. There is no AOC government, “huge and terrible” or any other kind.