President Trump

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Lol. Yes, everything was great before obama, that's when all of our country's problems started.
The US educational system began deterioration when the US Central Government imposed rules and regulations to ensure standards were met.
As long as the US Central Government dictates how schools are run, it will not get better.

MAKAVELI

The US educational system began deterioration when the US Central Government imposed rules and regulations to ensure standards were met.
As long as the US Central Government dictates how schools are run, it will not get better.
Our education system has been in deterioration long before federal rules and regulations. And that is a cop out. States have the power and authority to set and implement standards higher than federal standards. The real problem is everyone wants to pass the buck and not take responsibility to fix it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So you're saying @newfie is wrong, and it's not obama's fault, it's actually because of Bush... scratch that, TWO bushes..... :wink-very:

Standards-based education reform in the United States - Wikipedia
Exactly right!
I told and I tell you now ... I am not a Republican and I really did not keep up with US National politics until Ross Perot came along. I saw a glimmer of hope in his ideas and change from the Dims and the Repugs.

I don't accept or consider Trump to be a Repug although I'm losing hope with him just like I did with Obama.
And YES, I do realize it's not necessarily the individuals I dislike but the system.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Exactly right!
I told and I tell you now ... I am not a Republican and I really did not keep up with US National politics until Ross Perot came along. I saw a glimmer of hope in his ideas and change from the Dims and the Repugs.
Dr. Paul did the same for me. Two elections later it was clear the system wouldn't allow change like that.

When it comes to the central us government argument, I'd say the educational system is a great example of why the states rights argument is fundamentally lacking.

What works for one side of the state may not for the other. What works for the rich part of a city might not work for the portion that lives in poverty.

I do think the federal government should incentivize success in education, but how you judge success is the crux of the problem. The standardized test that has been used to judge success has also led to a standardization of what and how to teach, which has undoubtedly proven to be a failure. Good intentions, bad results.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Dr. Paul did the same for me. Two elections later it was clear the system wouldn't allow change like that.

When it comes to the central us government argument, I'd say the educational system is a great example of why the states rights argument is fundamentally lacking.

What works for one side of the state may not for the other. What works for the rich part of a city might not work for the portion that lives in poverty.

I do think the federal government should incentivize success in education, but how you judge success is the crux of the problem. The standardized test that has been used to judge success has also led to a standardization of what and how to teach, which has undoubtedly proven to be a failure. Good intentions, bad results.
In Georgia, the local education department has a lot of authority whilst the State has still has more than they should.
Most the teacher's I have talked too have two big gripes about why they can't teach like they should.
1) Standardized testing
2) Inability to discipline students / disruptive students / lack of parent interaction with their children

In 2) I included 3 because these all tie together and they seem to rotate around each other.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
some people brown bag it to ensure they have a lunch that meets their needs. Others think the government needs to decide how they should eat.

I think I just got hooked.
99d46243ec9ade7a3c996dd738742fc8.jpg
.....WAIT wait a minute~~~!!!