President Trump

floridays

Uranium One deal led to some exports to Europe, memos show

The NRC never issued an export license to the Russian firm, a fact so engrained in the narrative of the Uranium One controversy that it showed up in The Washington Post’s official fact-checker site this week. “We have noted repeatedly that extracted uranium could not be exported by Russia without a license, which Rosatom does not have,” the Post reported on Monday, linking to the 2011 Barrasso letter.

Yet NRC memos reviewed by The Hill show that it did approve the shipment of yellowcake uranium — the raw material used to make nuclear fuel and weapons — from the Russian-owned mines in the United States to Canada in 2012 through a third party. Later, the Obama administration approved some of that uranium going all the way to Europe, government documents show.

bbsam

Staff member
Uranium One deal led to some exports to Europe, memos show

The NRC never issued an export license to the Russian firm, a fact so engrained in the narrative of the Uranium One controversy that it showed up in The Washington Post’s official fact-checker site this week. “We have noted repeatedly that extracted uranium could not be exported by Russia without a license, which Rosatom does not have,” the Post reported on Monday, linking to the 2011 Barrasso letter.

Yet NRC memos reviewed by The Hill show that it did approve the shipment of yellowcake uranium — the raw material used to make nuclear fuel and weapons — from the Russian-owned mines in the United States to Canada in 2012 through a third party. Later, the Obama administration approved some of that uranium going all the way to Europe, government documents show.
"...all the way to Europe,..."

Where in Europe?

floridays

Your choice of the link seems intentionally misleading. Almost a suggestion of a nefarious destination.
I told you why it was posted, it clearly refutes their claims. I'll turn the tables and ask you what you asked me earlier, Where did it go? And my own question, Why would it have to leave this way if it was above board?

Does it smell of the same laundering you accuse Trump of? This would just be uranium laundering. @bbsam

Last edited:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I told you why it was posted, it clearly refutes their claims. I'll turn the tables and ask you what you ask me earlier, Where did it go? And my own question, Why would it have to leave this way if it was above board?
7FF64482-1F3C-4895-9F8C-47400467B4B3.gif

bbsam

Staff member
I told you why it was posted, it clearly refutes their claims. I'll turn the tables and ask you what you asked me earlier, Where did it go? And my own question, Why would it have to leave this way if it was above board?

Does it smell of the same laundering you accuse Trump of? This would just be uranium laundering. @bbsam
I bet Trump has access to the paper trail if he'd like to put it out there.