President Trump

upsgrunt

Republican voters actually hate other Americans and want the government to reflect their hatred towards those Americans.

I don’t rail that republicans shouldn’t get help from the government, but republican voters truly get enraged at the fact that certain Americans they hate receive government assistance. They are terrified of the nation’s changing demographics, they generally think black Americans are lazy, criminal, government dependent, etc. they generally believe Mexicans are here illegally, don’t love America, are criminals, etc. they think Muslims are out to destroy America with sharia law, etc. these are all things that republicans generally believe about those other Americans.

It’s why they love Trump’s outright bigotry. He hates the same Americans they hate.

Nothing unites republican voters more than being anger at the fact that Americans they hate are getting government assistance. Nothing.

Do you have any supporting citations for this, or is this just your personal opinion? You are entitled to your opinion, but are painting with an awfully broad brush. It's like me saying "all democrats buy votes with whatever they can give out to for free."

newfie

Do you have any supporting citations for this, or is this just your personal opinion? You are entitled to your opinion, but are painting with an awfully broad brush. It's like me saying "all democrats buy votes with whatever they can give out to for free."

actually that is a supported argument :)

Last edited:

newfie

Just a reminder that General Kelly was a character witness in the court martial of Marine Col. Tomko in 2016. Col. Tomko admitted sending sexually explicit messages to a subordinate. He also was accused of forcibly kissing a Marine corporal in 2014. He was arrested about three months ago on felony charges of indecent liberties with a child.

Quincy native, former Marine colonel arrested on Virginia felony warrants

Fine people.

your argument is General Kelly should have known that the colonel would be arrested 4 years later?

or that anyone accused of any crime should not have witnesses speaking to their character?

BrownArmy

your argument is General Kelly should have known that the colonel would be arrested 4 years later?

or that anyone accused of any crime should not have witnesses speaking to their character?

It’s funny how Trump was ‘sad’ for the abuser, nothing for the abused.

But that makes perfect sense, Trump doesn’t strike me as a man who cares about women.

newfie

It’s funny how Trump was ‘sad’ for the abuser, nothing for the abused.

But that makes perfect sense, Trump doesn’t strike me as a man who cares about women.

we do expert our presidents to perform as circus animals and say all the right things don't we.

Sportello

How do you get that from what I posted?

The facts are that Gen Kelly defended the character of a man in 2016 who had a history of abuse dating back at least to 2014. Kelly knew of the 2014 accusations.

It all seems very Trumpian.

BrownArmy

we do expert our presidents to perform as circus animals and say all the right things don't we.

Yes, I 'expect' that our President will be one of the better of us: I want a President that's smarter than me, more capable than me, more awesome in every regard.

Trump fails on every level.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Yes, I 'expect' that our President will be one of the better of us: I want a President that's smarter than me, more capable than me, more awesome in every regard.

Trump fails on every level.
Well he is richer than you. So that does make him smarter & more capable .
However finding Mr. Awesome for you will be impossible since such a person does not exist .

newfie

How do you get that from what I posted?

The facts are that Gen Kelly defended the character of a man in 2016 who had a history of abuse dating back at least to 2014. Kelly knew of the 2014 accusations.

It all seems very Trumpian.

he likes the guy . did you ever defend anyone that was accused of anything. probably not you would need to have a friend to defend first.