President Trump

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
You're diving into a conversation that's not about taxes. I'm making a point. We've got people here always talking as if it's just as easy for people on lower pay to pay the now much higher across the board insurance costs as it is for them with their much higher income. And if we're not willing it's because we don't care about the poor, especially poor minorities. As if families with household incomes in the mid-30k's to $60k or so have money to burn. Someone making $100k and probably much more telling me I'm a racist is a load of horse hockey. If he cares so much and wants to contribute to the cause more power to him. But can the self righteous posturing. And if he's going to insist middle income families should feel some pain in order for the poor to be subsidized then he should have to pay more. Progressivism at it's finest.
Progressivism is not the modern liberal ethos. Pay scale in this country be damned. I said what I said earlier about capping income for the top 10-5-1% because at that point you've taken care of yourself and a generation or two or three of your ancestors.
From a political perspective, we have, from my point of view, a terrible problem in this country in the fact that we have two parties, and this is a tremendous amount of ill will and blatantly careless hatred of the other side and even from within parties. If you've ever read the Federalist Papers by James Madison, he warned that this would be the destruction of our democracy. We are at an almost severe splintering point where we cannot compromise and the future of the country won't be dictated by a majority or electoral majority but a small percentage (under 40%). At that point, we (the commoners) will suffer tremendously, and it will only add to the divisism promoted today

vantexan

I already do pay much more and am fine with that. Why aren’t you comprehending this?
Really? So if you need a stent put in an artery you're going to pay a much higher deductible than someone with lower income, not subsidized, to have the exact same procedure done? If not then don't tell me they're a racist bigot for not wanting to subsidize the poor when it's much easier on you to meet that expense.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Really? So if you need a stent put in an artery you're going to pay a much higher deductible than someone with lower income, not subsidized, to have the exact same procedure done? If not then don't tell me they're a racist bigot for not wanting to subsidize the poor when it's much easier on you to meet that expense.
That's pretty much how it works.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I've worked hard all my life, I've never felt like I was paying for people who "don't want to work". That doesn't even make sense. Besides we're talking about healthcare, not welfare.
I go and buy grocery’s for people begging on the corner who look legit. I’m talking about life bro. Real life.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I go and buy grocery’s for people begging on the corner who look legit. I’m talking about life bro. Real life.
giphy (16).gif