President Trump

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Not sure that’s true. Since everyone supposedly has the potential for cancer, isn’t remission and cure basically the same thing?
Semantics, but yes. Also some forms of cancer (prostate, breast, etc) really can be "cured" by surgery as long as they haven't spread.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Not sure that’s true. Since everyone supposedly has the potential for cancer, isn’t remission and cure basically the same thing?
The current cancer "cure" is remission, meaning the cancer has stopped spreading and is no longer active. However, you are not free from cancer, just as a person who has never had cancer is not free from it. In effect, cancer is not even curable by today's medical standards. It's a biological process, same as processing oxygen into carbon.

bbsam

Staff member
Semantics, but yes. Also some forms of cancer (prostate, breast, etc) really can be "cured" by surgery as long as they haven't spread.

The current cancer "cure" is remission, meaning the cancer has stopped spreading and is no longer active. However, you are not free from cancer, just as a person who has never had cancer is not free from it. In effect, cancer is not even curable by today's medical standards. It's a biological process, same as processing oxygen into carbon.

Agreed

SolidWoodPanel

That's removal of a cancerous tumor that may spread, but you can't really prevent a tumor from occurring.
What he was saying about preventative healthcare in the op, is really a misnomer. You aren't preventing anything, you might be preventing it from potentially getting worse, but you also might end up one of those lucky souls who ends up getting a scalpel left inside their belly. Traditional medication and surgery should be last options.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
That's removal of a cancerous tumor that may spread, but you can't really prevent a tumor from occurring.
What he was saying about preventative healthcare in the op, is really a misnomer. You aren't preventing anything, you might be preventing it from potentially getting worse, but you also might end up one of those lucky souls who ends up getting a scalpel left inside their belly. Traditional medication and surgery should be last options.
I'm pretty sure his point was that without affordable preventive care, or affordable healthcare period (high deductibles and such) that many people will delay going to the doctor until the symptoms get really bad and it is too late to do anything. With a lot of cancers the key is catching them early when symptoms are often very mild.

SolidWoodPanel

The healthcare industry, as a whole, is problematic. People are way over-prescribed. You get hooked up medications, you don't really need. Your body is designed to heal itself, and will do so efficiently as long as you take care of your body. Sometimes, home remedies work better than going to a doctor. That's nerve enough. Waiting, filling out forms, being poked and prodded.
I've been through sudden deaths in my family, untimely ones. And I've recently seen my 96 yr old grandmother pass. But the expert doctors were like, "we're taking her off these 28 pills a day. She'll be dead in a week or two." She had a rough patch, but she ended getting better and living another 18 months without the meds. She was happy not to be swallowing 6-7 pills with every meal.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The healthcare industry, as a whole, is problematic. People are way over-prescribed. You get hooked up medications, you don't really need. Your body is designed to heal itself, and will do so efficiently as long as you take care of your body. Sometimes, home remedies work better than going to a doctor. That's nerve enough. Waiting, filling out forms, being poked and prodded.
I've been through sudden deaths in my family, untimely ones. And I've recently seen my 96 yr old grandmother pass. But the expert doctors were like, "we're taking her off these 28 pills a day. She'll be dead in a week or two." She had a rough patch, but she ended getting better and living another 18 months without the meds. She was happy not to be swallowing 6-7 pills with every meal.
I'm a big believer in eating right, working out and taking care of your body, but your body is not going to heal itself from cancer.

newfie

I'm pretty sure his point was that without affordable preventive care, or affordable healthcare period (high deductibles and such) that many people will delay going to the doctor until the symptoms get really bad and it is too late to do anything. With a lot of cancers the key is catching them early when symptoms are often very mild.

his point was but having the means and using it are two different things. there were 600, 000 cancer deaths last year under Obama care which means in most cases by your argument and his people are not using their Obamacare provided benefits to prevent cancer.

so again my question whats next. we force people to pay for insurance they don't want. will we now force people to use benefits they are not currently using.

MAKAVELI

his point was but having the means and using it are two different things. there were 600, 000 cancer deaths last year under Obama care which means in most cases by your argument and his people are not using their Obamacare provided benefits to prevent cancer.

so again my question whats next. we force people to pay for insurance they don't want. will we now force people to use benefits they are not currently using.
Yep,there are millions of people with cancer that don't want healthcare or treatment. SMH.....

newfie

Yep,there are millions of people with cancer that don't want healthcare or treatment. SMH.....

perhaps you could try to generate some brain activity and address the points you responded to .

600000 died last year of cancer under Obamacare. the argument made by jones and itty was the preventive option under Obamacare was needed to prevent these deaths. yet they occurred. Did those 60000 not use those benifts. or does early detection not prevent those deaths? anything to offer other then your sniping?

bbsam

Staff member
perhaps you could try to generate some brain activity and address the points you responded to .

600000 died last year of cancer under Obama. the argument made by jones and itty was the preventive option under Obamacare was needed to prevent these deaths. yet they occurred. anything to offer other then your sniping?
So prevention did not save all lives? Ok

How many did it save?

newfie

So prevention did not save all lives? Ok

How many did it save?

how many of the 600000 did It not save?

you libs keep dancing and I enjoy waxing the floor and watching you slip and fall.

you libs thought you were doing some great service with Obamacare. you found that many did not feel they needed Obamacare and did not enjoy being forced to pay for it.

so now you claim that Obamacare is preventing cancer deaths. in fact you lost 600000 lives last year. that means not only can you not force people to pay for insurance but you cant force them to get regular screenings.

Or can you? is that the next liberal solution to help those who refuse to be helped?