President Trump

Sportello

I guess you don't understand probable cause, if Trump was attached to a criminal matter with Cohen Mueller would not have referred Cohen to the Southern District of New York. You need to have a slight bit of understanding before you spout off. Rest assured Mueller is hoping he gets something out of the back door however.
The probable cause was bank fraud, wire fraud and campaign finance violations. Mueller would go to Rosenstein, who in turn would decide where and how the investigation would be pursued.

Do you really not know this?

floridays

The probable cause was bank fraud, wire fraud and campaign finance violations. Mueller would go to Rosenstein, who in turn would decide where and how the investigation would be pursued.

Do you really not know this?
I guess you missed how it can't be tied to Trump then, besides the back door. I certainly know more than you.

Sportello

I guess you missed how it can't be tied to Trump then, besides the back door. I certainly know more than you.
Mueller's mandate was for investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election. If he uncovered evidence of other crimes he would go to Rosenstein, who would make any determinations as to pursuing the evidence. To execute three simultaneous no knock seaches on a sitting president's lawyer would require a pretty high bar, don't you think?

I have a feeling we will soon find out.

floridays

Mueller's mandate was for investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election. If he uncovered evidence of other crimes he would go to Rosenstein, who would make any determinations as to pursuing the evidence. To execute three simultaneous no knock seaches on a sitting president's lawyer would require a pretty high bar, don't you think?

I have a feeling we will soon find out.
Only as high as the bar seems to be for appointing the special counsel initially. They have absolutely nothing but process crimes to date.

bbsam

Staff member
Need more collusion posts @bbsam?
But collusion isn’t a crime. I guess it’s a colloquialism.

Personally I think they should just say “conspiracy”.

Overall, with the special counsel having such broad range, I’m confident that far more than “process crimes” that you seem to dismiss will soon be uncovered by the investigation.

floridays

But collusion isn’t a crime. I guess it’s a colloquialism.

Personally I think they should just say “conspiracy”.

Overall, with the special counsel having such broad range, I’m confident that far more than “process crimes” that you seem to dismiss will soon be uncovered by the investigation.
Sam, believe it or not, I'm getting tired of arguing.:thumbup:

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
Opinion | The Law Is Coming, Mr. Trump

"Mr. Trump has spent his career in the company of developers and celebrities, and also of grifters, cons, sharks, goons and crooks. He cuts corners, he lies, he cheats, he brags about it, and for the most part, he’s gotten away with it, protected by threats of litigation, hush money and his own bravado. Those methods may be proving to have their limits when they are applied from the Oval Office. Though Republican leaders in Congress still keep a cowardly silence, Mr. Trump now has real reason to be afraid. A raid on a lawyer’s office doesn’t happen every day; it means that multiple government officials, and a federal judge, had reason to believe they’d find evidence of a crime there and that they didn’t trust the lawyer not to destroy that evidence."

Last edited:

Turdferguson

Just a turd
knock-knock-whos-there-fbi-irs-cid-police-28656929.png

Oh the irony.....

vantexan

Opinion | The Law Is Coming, Mr. Trump

"Mr. Trump has spent his career in the company of developers and celebrities, and also of grifters, cons, sharks, goons and crooks. He cuts corners, he lies, he cheats, he brags about it, and for the most part, he’s gotten away with it, protected by threats of litigation, hush money and his own bravado. Those methods may be proving to have their limits when they are applied from the Oval Office. Though Republican leaders in Congress still keep a cowardly silence, Mr. Trump now has real reason to be afraid. A raid on a lawyer’s office doesn’t happen every day; it means that multiple government officials, and a federal judge, had reason to believe they’d find evidence of a crime there and that they didn’t trust the lawyer not to destroy that evidence."
The same people saying that now use to crow what a swell guy he was, a true champion of race relations, a contributor to he Democrat cause. If he had remained a Democrat and had won the nomination, then the presidency, the very same people would have their lips pressed tightly against his rear end. They would have been the ones going after Jimmy Kimmel over ridiculing Melania. They would be the ones squelching any negativity in the press.

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
The same people saying that now use to crow what a swell guy he was, a true champion of race relations, a contributor to he Democrat cause. If he had remained a Democrat and had won the nomination, then the presidency, the very same people would have their lips pressed tightly against his rear end.

It's OK to reevaluate your opinion of someone you formerly respected if their professed beliefs and behavior change. Trump's did, in a big way. So what's the problem?

Defending anybody whose personal lawyer just had 3 simultaneous no knock raids conducted against them due to an apparent mountain of evidence that triggered the crime-fraud exception to attorney-client privilege is the ultimate form of butt kissing.

And I'm sorry, but I couldn't defend any Democrat whose Democrat-appointed justice system had seen the kind of evidence needed to green-light that action. If the FBI is walking through your lawyer's doors unannounced, you're probably guilty as :censored2:. It's just not a defensible position regardless of your party affiliation.

vantexan

It's OK to reevaluate your opinion of someone you formerly respected if their professed beliefs and behavior change. Trump's did, in a big way. So what's the problem?

Defending anybody whose personal lawyer just had 3 simultaneous no knock raids conducted against them due to an apparent mountain of evidence that triggered the crime-fraud exception to attorney-client privilege is the ultimate form of butt kissing.

And I'm sorry, but I couldn't defend any Democrat whose Democrat-appointed justice system had seen the kind of evidence needed to green-light that action. If the FBI is walking through your lawyer's doors unannounced, you're probably guilty as :censored2:. It's just not a defensible position regardless of your party affiliation.
OK, apply that to Hillary. She broke the law, and was covered by the Obama DOJ. And she will be defended by Democrats ad nauseam. And my point still stands, if Trump had won as a Democrat there'd be no special counsel, and the Press would breathlessly praise every tweet.