President Trump

vantexan

I think he’s deflecting from a problem he doesn’t want to address. There is no excuse for the state intentionally abusing children as an immigration deterrent.
They're not being abused. And where's your outrage about American children living in poverty? Homeless veterans? This is just another angle to get at Trump, not to mention you want as many illegals to get in so that eventually they'll become good Democrat voters.

Sportello

Df_oSSaVMAAhqFq.jpg:large

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Myth vs. Fact: DHS Zero-Tolerance Policy

Myth
DHS has a policy to separate families at the border.

Fact
DHS does not have a blanket policy of separating families at the border. However, DHS does have a responsibility to protect all minors in our custody. This means DHS will separate adults and minors under certain circumstances. These circumstances include: 1) when DHS is unable to determine the familial relationship, 2) when DHS determines that a child may be at risk with the parent or legal guardian, or 3) when the parent or legal guardian is referred for criminal prosecution.

In recent months, DHS has seen a staggering increase in the number of illegal aliens using children to pose as family units to gain entry into the United States. From October 2017 to February 2018, there was a 315 percent increase in the number of cases of adults with minors fraudulently posing as “family units” to gain entry.

Myth
Prior to April 2017, DHS never separated families arriving at the border.

Fact
DHS has separated families under the circumstances described above. Because of court decisions, DHS can generally no longer hold families in detention beyond 20 days.

Myth
DHS can indefinitely detain families who cross the border illegally.

Fact
DHS generally releases families within 20 days. This creates a “get out of jail free” card for illegal alien families and encourages groups of illegal aliens to pose as families hoping to take advantage of that loophole.

Myth
DHS is turning away asylum seekers at ports of entry.

Fact
DHS complies with Federal law with regard to processing individuals claiming asylum at ports of entry.

floridays

I don’t think the State should make the choice for women. I don’t believe religion should dictate government policy. What does that have to do with the state abusing children to punish their parents?
I don't think the state should make the choice for a baker that doesn't want to make a wedding cake either, or if a valedictorian decides to give honor to his god. I can go further, in neither of these examples was a human murdered. I could say go screw yourself, but I am attempting to be "kinder and gentler," so I won't, and didn't.

Sportello

Myth vs. Fact: DHS Zero-Tolerance Policy

Myth
DHS has a policy to separate families at the border.

Fact
DHS does not have a blanket policy of separating families at the border. However, DHS does have a responsibility to protect all minors in our custody. This means DHS will separate adults and minors under certain circumstances. These circumstances include: 1) when DHS is unable to determine the familial relationship, 2) when DHS determines that a child may be at risk with the parent or legal guardian, or 3) when the parent or legal guardian is referred for criminal prosecution.

In recent months, DHS has seen a staggering increase in the number of illegal aliens using children to pose as family units to gain entry into the United States. From October 2017 to February 2018, there was a 315 percent increase in the number of cases of adults with minors fraudulently posing as “family units” to gain entry.

Myth
Prior to April 2017, DHS never separated families arriving at the border.

Fact
DHS has separated families under the circumstances described above. Because of court decisions, DHS can generally no longer hold families in detention beyond 20 days.

Myth
DHS can indefinitely detain families who cross the border illegally.

Fact
DHS generally releases families within 20 days. This creates a “get out of jail free” card for illegal alien families and encourages groups of illegal aliens to pose as families hoping to take advantage of that loophole.

Myth
DHS is turning away asylum seekers at ports of entry.

Fact
DHS complies with Federal law with regard to processing individuals claiming asylum at ports of entry.

State propaganda.

floridays

State propaganda.
I'll assume there is no policy, however Sessions has decided to follow the law as written, or decided to enforce as he saw fit. Which is it?
I am totally convinced nonetheless, that the state of California is defying federal law with a sanctuary state proclamation, following individual jurisdictions sanctuary status.
Sucks don't it?

Sportello

I'll assume there is no policy, however Sessions has decided to follow the law as written, or decided to enforce as he saw fit. Which is it?
I am totally convinced nonetheless, that the state of California is defying federal law with a sanctuary state proclamation, following individual jurisdictions sanctuary status.
Sucks don't it?
I’d pick a different hill to die on, but you be you.

It will be fine

No, I mean I don’t believe the DHS.

Do you?
It’s spin. Their post on treating asylum seekers properly at ports of entry ignores everything else they’re doing. They are stacking them up on bridges for days and not allowing entry. That drives some to cross illegally. There are conventions that allow illegal crossers to turn themselves in to authorities and still claim asylum status. Trump policy no longer allows that and makes these crossers criminals, thereby justifying the abuse of their children.

It’s misleading, but according to polls only the hardcore brainless Trumpites believe the spin and support the child abuse.

floridays

No, I mean I don’t believe the DHS.

Do you?
I offer this history:

by Fox News Insider
Posted in:

Glenn Beck is heading south to McAllen, Texas where he hopes to provide some relief to the thousands of children being held at detention facilities as well as give food to local churches.

He told Bill O’Reilly that his charity has raised about $1.8 million. Donations of clothing, food and comforts like teddy bears and soccer balls have been coming in. He said that Americans have a “personal responsibility for mercy.”
The date of the article is July 14 2014, a link to the whole article is provided below

Beck to Donate to Illegal Immigrant Children: 'We're on the Edge of Losing Our Country'

I thoroughly understand the leftists will accept nothing associated with fox reporting. Beck however was fired by fox and was generally considered to be "persona non grata," at the time.

"Let the truth live and lies die on the lips of liars."
Floridays
original

Last edited: