President Trump

vantexan

It’s spin. Their post on treating asylum seekers properly at ports of entry ignores everything else they’re doing. They are stacking them up on bridges for days and not allowing entry. That drives some to cross illegally. There are conventions that allow illegal crossers to turn themselves in to authorities and still claim asylum status. Trump policy no longer allows that and makes these crossers criminals, thereby justifying the abuse of their children.

It’s misleading, but according to polls only the hardcore brainless Trumpites believe the spin and support the child abuse.
Trump and Sessions are upholding the law. If that's not popular change the law. Or build a wall. That way they can only come in by the port of entry.

It will be fine

Trump and Sessions are upholding the law. If that's not popular change the law. Or build a wall. That way they can only come in by the port of entry.
Does it give you any pause that tons of elected officials, US attorneys, former presidents all say the policy has changed and Trump could fix it with a phone call?

When do we get the money from Mexico to build the wall?

Do you think the technology exists to circumvent a wall? Some fancy new device that would allow people to make it over or under a wall? We live in fantastic times, I bet Elon could figure something out.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
There is no winning or losing here. It is the difference of right and wrong. Drumpf and his uncivilized cabal are getting close to this type of fascism. Making excuses, referring to the Bible to justify, or just plain owning the policy, is just plain wrong.
drumpf is actually holding children as hostages. This is morally repugnant beyond belief.

We are now a :censored2:hole country.

newfie

Does it give you any pause that tons of elected officials, US attorneys, former presidents all say the policy has changed and Trump could fix it with a phone call?

When do we get the money from Mexico to build the wall?

Do you think the technology exists to circumvent a wall? Some fancy new device that would allow people to make it over or under a wall? We live in fantastic times, I bet Elon could figure something out.
Just think enforcing existing law is now called a "policy change"

newfie

There is no winning or losing here. It is the difference of right and wrong. Drumpf and his uncivilized cabal are getting close to this type of fascism. Making excuses, referring to the Bible to justify, or just plain owning the policy, is just plain wrong.
drumpf is actually holding children as hostages. This is morally repugnant beyond belief.

We are now a :censored2:hole country.
You libs have been holding those children hostage for decades about time the repubs have a turn at it.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
As young as 18 months? Doesn't sound like a nursing baby. Again, if they cross illegally they are put into criminal processing. If they go to an official port of entry and ask for asylum the family isn't separated, except if it's determined that there's no relationship between the adults and children, or the child is in imminent danger. I suspect that might be if a quick background check is done and the adults come up in the system as previous illegal immigrants who committed a crime and fled the country. Just guessing. But to date there hasn't been a nursing child torn from it's mother's arms. Demagoguery.
Fake news. I saw a nursing child taken from her mother. Thousands of conservatives were cheering.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I live in a border state. I appreciate the need to enforce and protect our international boundaries, but this zero-tolerance policy is cruel. It is immoral. And it breaks my heart.

Our government should not be in the business of warehousing children in converted box stores or making plans to place them in tent cities in the desert outside of El Paso. These images are eerily reminiscent of the Japanese American internment camps of World War II, now considered to have been one of the most shameful episodes in U.S. history.

Opinion | Laura Bush: Separating children from their parents at the border ‘breaks my heart’
Not the first time our government locked up families for no good reason. Japanese internment camps come to mind.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
images

bbsam

Staff member
Or took away kids from parents for no good reason.
The state and local governments takes kids away for possession of an ounce of pot hundreds of times every day.
I think you may be overplaying that. A good friend of ours works for DHS and it seems they really do give chance after chance after chance before removing kids.