President Trump

vantexan

Remind me, why did he leave the House and give up his position? It wasn’t an ethics issue, was it?
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? You rise up to Speaker of the House and we'll all talk about how astute you are. Then again y'all fielded Nancy Pelosi. Just sayin'.

bbsam

Staff member
I said the NYT's reported that McGahn gave 30hrs of interviews after Trump cleared him to do it. The other info was supplied by Newt Gingrich. I'm betting Gingrich has insider info.
I bet Gingrich made it up.

And you did say it was reported by the Times and commented on by Gingrich. Kinda different.

vantexan

I bet Gingrich made it up.

And you did say it was reported by the Times and commented on by Gingrich. Kinda different.
One thing is for certain. McGahn couldn't speak to Mueller's team unless Trump cleared him to do so. Clinton did everything possible to keep his aides from testifying but Trump gave Mueller complete access.

bbsam

Staff member
I said the NYT's reported that McGahn gave 30hrs of interviews after Trump cleared him to do it. The other info was supplied by Newt Gingrich. I'm betting Gingrich has insider info.
McGahn is the White House government lawyer. Regardless what Trump said he had to testify.

vantexan

OK, according to the CNN Politics website McGahn's lawyer William Burck debriefed Trump's lawyer Dowd on everything that was said. The Trump team doesn't believe McGahn said anything to harm the President because he would be required by ethics rules to resign if he believed a crime had been committed. Found that Googling Mueller McGahn.