President Trump

bbsam

Staff member
Your side nominated possibly the most crooked politician in history for president and you're castigating us about morals? A lot of chutzpah on your part.
Your side nominated the most crooked nonpolitician (or politician for that matter) ever and defen his incompetence and crookedness every single day.

vantexan

Your side nominated the most crooked nonpolitician (or politician for that matter) ever and defen his incompetence and crookedness every single day.
I see a lot of statements from the Left about his incompetence, etc. I prefer to look at what's actually happening under his watch. Looks like progress from here.

vantexan

The national debt is progressing. Quickly.
Are you saying spending isn't good? You certainly thought it was when Obama was doing it. I see Trump doing things like withholding funds from Pakistan and the Palestinians, as well as freezing Federal wages this year. He's working on it, something Obama couldn't claim.

newfie

Are you saying spending isn't good? You certainly thought it was when Obama was doing it. I see Trump doing things like withholding funds from Pakistan and the Palestinians, as well as freezing Federal wages this year. He's working on it, something Obama couldn't claim.

It was a necessary evil to bring us back from the impending Obama recession

bbsam

Staff member
I’m saying the US under Obama and Trump had the ability to do infrastructure spending with 0% interest and in both instances the republicans killed the thought. Instead we get tax cuts that you and every elected republican insisted would pay for themselves.

Take it to the individual level. I could go out and get a $250,000 line of credit. I could spend live the high life for years. But in the end, I wouldn’t end up better off.

We won’t end up better because of Trump tax cuts.

newfie

I’m saying the US under Obama and Trump had the ability to do infrastructure spending with 0% interest and in both instances the republicans killed the thought. Instead we get tax cuts that you and every elected republican insisted would pay for themselves.

Take it to the individual level. I could go out and get a $250,000 line of credit. I could spend live the high life for years. But in the end, I wouldn’t end up better off.

When did keeping and investing more of your hard earned money stop making you better off?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

Obama did shovel ready jobs with that 2 trillion stimulas, how did you forget?

bacha29

Three weeks ago Treasury informed the Federal Reserve of it's expected need for additional borrowing due to the fact that expected increases in overall federal revenues have failed to offset the tax cut. In order to offset the tax cuts GDP growth has to be at least 4% annually so if you get a sub 4% growth in any quarter the other 3 quarters have to make it up.
The Trump tax cuts will likely end up a sugar high that will be cancelled out through higher inflation and higher interest rates.

vantexan

Three weeks ago Treasury informed the Federal Reserve of it's expected need for additional borrowing due to the fact that expected increases in overall federal revenues have failed to offset the tax cut. In order to offset the tax cuts GDP growth has to be at least 4% annually so if you get a sub 4% growth in any quarter the other 3 quarters have to make it up.
The Trump tax cuts will likely end up a sugar high that will be cancelled out through higher inflation and higher interest rates.
Meanwhile Trump will continue, like a businessman, to find things to cut. If the Swamp does him in it'll be because he cuts their pork.

bacha29

Meanwhile Trump will continue, like a businessman, to find things to cut. If the Swamp does him in it'll be because he cuts their pork.
Like many swamps the one you keep referring to is getting filled in......filled in with Trump cronies going to jail.....Oh. that's right. As long as he succeeds in banning abortion nothing else manners to you.
Just a thought. Would you be willing to accept an income tax surcharge similar to the one imposed to pay for the Vietnam war to be used to feed , house. clothe , provide prenatal and post natal heathcare and educate the millions of unwanted kids as well as to expand coat hanger production here in the U.S.?

newfie

its not a suger high because its led to a significant increase in infrastructure and factory and manufacturing spending

https://business.inquirer.net/254905/infrastructure-spending-41-6-p352-7-billion-first-half

Manufacturing jobs growing at fastest rate in 23 years

Last edited:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Like many swamps the one you keep referring to is getting filled in......filled in with Trump cronies going to jail.....Oh. that's right. As long as he succeeds in banning abortion nothing else manners to you.
Just a thought. Would you be willing to accept an income tax surcharge similar to the one imposed to pay for the Vietnam war to be used to feed , house. clothe , provide prenatal and post natal heathcare and educate the millions of unwanted kids as well as to expand coat hanger production here in the U.S.?
So, in your world, personal freedom=freedom from personal responsibility.