President Trump

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Ted Cruz, 2011: "The 14th Amendment provides for birthright citizenship. I’ve looked at the legal arguments against it & I will tell you, as a Supreme Court litigator, those arguments are not very good. As much as someone may dislike the policy... it’s in the U.S. Constitution."
I agree.
Regardless of the fact that this amendment was put in place to provide citizenship to slaves, it is an Amendment to the Constitution. It was never meant to apply to 'illegal' aliens as there was no such thing in the post-Civil War period.

I don't see the strict Constitutionalism of the Conservative Justices are going to latch onto the bolded "phrase"
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States."

The Liberal Justices would hook on this like Velcro if it was something they believed in but not the other Justices.
The Conservative Justices will throw it to the Congress where this decision should be adjudicated.

floridays

Ted Cruz, 2011: "The 14th Amendment provides for birthright citizenship. I’ve looked at the legal arguments against it & I will tell you, as a Supreme Court litigator, those arguments are not very good. As much as someone may dislike the policy... it’s in the U.S. Constitution."
I enjoy and live off full context, your post means nothing, and this set of facts presents a question that I hope the Court will hear.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Doubtful, in the absence of weed you saw the real image in the mirror?

You know I'm picking at you old man. I'm just Floridays being Floridays.
I know ... this is how real men kid around with each other.

The pusillanimous posters in here (wearing their pink pusillanimous hats as they post) just don't get the humor.

floridays

I agree.
Regardless of the fact that this amendment was put in place to provide citizenship to slaves, it is an Amendment to the Constitution. It was never meant to apply to 'illegal' aliens as there was no such thing in the post-Civil War period.

I don't see the strict Constitutionalism of the Conservative Justices are going to latch onto the bolded "phrase"
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States."

The Liberal Justices would hook on this like Velcro if it was something they believed in but not the other Justices.
The Conservative Justices will throw it to the Congress where this decision should be adjudicated.
Legally speaking, that was fairly intelligent, no it just was intelligent.
I think you are on the right track, then again the Supremes could do the heavy lifting and do the right thing. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds if it is ever folded and presented to any court. I love things such as this.
Between you and me old man, I put my thoughts as I did in the preceding sentence just to po the lefty's, I love to present like I hold the air over their heads. It's a fun game. Bring on the smart characters, @It will be fine @bbsam , I'll take them all on.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Thank you for the factual portion of your response. The balance of your reply shows your derangement.

Point was, an Amendment can be repealed, or further amended.
Yes, the omission in your reply shows your Trump derangement syndrome.

Point is, the fake conservative Republicans are cheering Trump on to do it with an executive order.

Fact is, Republicans don't give a damn for the Constitution.

vantexan

Point is, the fake conservative Republicans are cheering Trump on to do it with an executive order.

Hmmmm, I believe the Const, I say the Consti, hear hear the Constitution boy I do believe gives this here president the authorities, I say the authority to do just such. The fine folk on the Left with their legislatin', you know how them boys love to legislate, well they all do that there legislatin' through the courts and have shown us all the erra of our rootin'tootin' ways. So we has stacked that thar Supreme entity in our fava, an we's gonna fix a few things. Have some ice tea boy, you look a bit peaked.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Hmmmm, I believe the Const, I say the Consti, hear hear the Constitution boy I do believe gives this here president the authorities, I say the authority to do just such. The fine folk on the Left with their legislatin', you know how them boys love to legislate, well they all do that there legislatin' through the courts and have shown us all the erra of our rootin'tootin' ways. So we has stacked that thar Supreme entity in our fava, an we's gonna fix a few things. Have some ice tea boy, you look a bit peaked.
Just another example of your cucksevative neocon party crapping on the Constitution. Bunch of hypocrites.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Sounds like your assimilation into the Lib-Borg is complete.

vantexan

Just another example of your cucksevative neocon party crapping on the Constitution. Bunch of hypocrites.
Dems having been saying for years that the Constitution is an outdated document or at the very least it's a fluid document that should flow with the times. Apparently that only applies to what the Left wants.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Dems having been saying for years that the Constitution is an outdated document or at the very least it's a fluid document that should flow with the times. Apparently that only applies to what the Left wants.
So you're saying you agree with the Democrats, and you don't care if your party disregards the Constitution.

Thanks for proving my point.

vantexan

So you're saying you agree with the Democrats, and you don't care if your party disregards the Constitution.

Thanks for proving my point.
I'm saying Dems are eager to get rid of the Constitution except where it serves their purposes. The Constitution isn't set in stone, that's what amendments address. And it can be further amended. I would like to see any changes go through the process provided in the Constitution rather than by executive order. That sets a dangerous precedent. But if it's legal, constitutionally acceptable, then Trump is within his right to do so.

bacha29

I'm saying Dems are eager to get rid of the Constitution except where it serves their purposes. The Constitution isn't set in stone, that's what amendments address. And it can be further amended. I would like to see any changes go through the process provided in the Constitution rather than by executive order. That sets a dangerous precedent. But if it's legal, constitutionally acceptable, then Trump is within his right to do so.
You wouldn't be saying that if it a Dem was setting out to do what Trump says what he's going to do with regard to "birthers" and the Constitution. If Obama were to attempt to override the 14th Amendment you'd be hollering your head off.