PT Employee Questions - Sick Hours on Time Off Viewer. Does 3 hours = 1 shift?

BeachBoy

And for a part time employee, a sick day would probably pay out 3.5 hours, guaranteed minimum. Ask your steward, they might know for sure. I've called in drunk a few times, but never sick. Unfortunately, the contract does not currently allow drunk days.

And for a part time employee, a sick day would probably pay out 3.5 hours, guaranteed minimum. Ask your steward, they might know for sure. I've called in drunk a few times, but never sick. Unfortunately, the contract does not currently allow drunk days.
And where are you getting this incorrect information from?

Commercial Inside Release

HR/Payroll and the company/union are not on the same page for part-time paid time off. The company/union might only give you a 3hr or 3.5hr guarantee, but many places the paid time off for a part-time day is 4hrs. There might be state laws why this is so, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is just UPS\Payroll incompetence.

If it is a problem for you, (I imagine you are trying to maximize you available hours off to stretch them as far as possible,) then bring it up with your steward. When nothing happens, bring it up with your BA. After a year goes by, you will still be having your paid time off in 4hr chunks on your payroll, but now you will be on everyone's poop list. Steward, BA, center manager, Pt Supe, Payroll, Timecard Flunky, HR (if you have any,) and possibly DM\RM, too.

Let us know what happens, if this forum is still around by then...

MisterGimpy

Thanks guys. I just want to make sure a sick day is either 3 hours or 4 hours. Because my current total allotted sick hours on my time off viewer is divisible by both 3 and 4.