PVD's and loss of overtime

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
I guess whatever he does is too complicated for us simple truck drivers

I must really suck only making $100,000 a year
Plus healthcare and pension...

What the hell do I know?
You make that statement but complain about someone taking food off your table or your check shrinking? Just sayin'.

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
I have nothing but respect for union drivers but I dont know what do to with this. Just quit? I am actively looking for a job as I know 99.9% of seasonals get cut after peak but I also have a family to feed. Just sucks to find out you're making things worse for someone else when you thought that wasn't the case. Thankfully I found BrownCafe last night after this incident so I could do some research on what giant scab pieces of trash us PVDs are.

I would love to work for UPS full time but apparantly I may have gone about trying to get in the wrong way.
Dude, honestly the people you hear complaining have worked for UPS since they were about 18 and they think this is how real world jobs are. You take care of yourself....there is plenty of money going around at UPS. Next year get on preload and hope to become permanent. Many opportunities will come your way in a short period of time. Those drivers make a very good living and they earn every penny of it. It is not for everyone and can be very tough work to say the least. We have about 2 drivers at my center complaining about losing out on OT, the rest don't care and want to get home a decent hour. Soak up as much money as you can, while you can. I know the PVD's that deliver out of our center are hard workers and bust ass on a daily basis. We would not be getting through peak without them.

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
Thanks for the insight sir! The driver did mention that he hoped that when I got a job some scab would show up to take my work from me!

All jokes aside I took his words of wisdom and experience as advice. Seemed like a good dude and while I was just a clueless idiot about the whole thing I completely understand why he was upset.
He's not a good dude... he is a POS for saying that. He is right about running.

WeAreAllGoingToMakeIt

We all know "Karen in her Honda" can't, or more importantly, shouldn't be expected to sweep a UPS Store. But that's not her problem. The problem is hiring anyone with a vehicle not entirely suited for the job. That falls squarely on management. "Karen" is just rying to keep a roof over her head, food on the table and her kids in clothes. I applaud Karen for doing what she has to, not the people on this thread who criticize her.
50c.jpg