PVD's and loss of overtime

PVD Scab

That's honestly not your fault, though. I'm positive the training was less-than-adequate.

To put it in perspective, I've been with UPS for ~10 years, started driving May of this year, and I still feel like a clueless idiot a majority of the time. Truth be told, management prefers their employees ignorant-- we're easier to manipulate when we don't know * because we haven't been told *, and at the end of the day we're the ones that will be held accountable for following bad instructions because "you should've known better."

But yeah.... walk, don't run. Don't drag your ass either, though, walk like you've gotta hit the bathroom but the closest one available is at 3 blocks away. Also keep in mind that not every driver is going to feel the same way as the driver you're talking about. A 22.4 driver that goes out with 250-350 stops every day might be ecstatic to finally get some help instead of being the one helping, whereas the RPCDs on the same route for the past 10 years will look at it exactly as you described: stealing food off his table. More than that, though, it's possible that having help could * up his dispatch in the future-- especially with the PVD not following the same methods that a driver has to follow and getting deliveries done at a rapid-fire pace.
Makes sense. Will do.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I have nothing but respect for union drivers but I dont know what do to with this. Just quit? I am actively looking for a job as I know 99.9% of seasonals get cut after peak but I also have a family to feed. Just sucks to find out you're making things worse for someone else when you thought that wasn't the case. Thankfully I found BrownCafe last night after this incident so I could do some research on what giant scab pieces of trash us PVDs are.

I would love to work for UPS full time but apparantly I may have gone about trying to get in the wrong way.
Scab

Staydryitsraining

OK, here's the deal. PVD's fall under seasonal driver language, they just drive their own cars. Whether, when or if they pay dues or not was decided by whoever negotiated your local seasonal driver language. The fact that PVD's have been used throughout this year is a response to the pandemic through special negotiations. The language was negotiated either regionally, or nationally, I can't remember which. Locals were allowed to vote to sign on to the negotiated memorandum/letter of understanding, at least in the Western Region. Hope that clears things up.
Our union said no to pvds all year except peak. They told the company we could have helpers but the company wouldnt do it.

HelperGuy

You are not a scab, scab is a guy that takes a job when they go on strike. What is the big deal? Who cares if I am seasonal or full time? Without us seasonals you all would be completely burned out and less effective. We all get a paycheck from same place, we seasonals don’t get benefits etc and don’t have got deal with union mumbo jumbo. I get up at 5 am do chores in my 1000 head pig barn, mix up feed for my 100 steers, then work as a helper for some extra holiday and vacation money, that is it. I don’t want your job. And don’t say you are not burned out, I am saving just got done with harvest and fall work and then started helper job. Can’t wait til I am done and can relax in my shop in January.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You are not a scab, scab is a guy that takes a job when they go on strike. What is the big deal? Who cares if I am seasonal or full time? Without us seasonals you all would be completely burned out and less effective. We all get a paycheck from same place, we seasonals don’t get benefits etc and don’t have got deal with union mumbo jumbo. I get up at 5 am do chores in my 1000 head pig barn, mix up feed for my 100 steers, then work as a helper for some extra holiday and vacation money, that is it. I don’t want your job. And don’t say you are not burned out, I am saving just got done with harvest and fall work and then started helper job. Can’t wait til I am done and can relax in my shop in January.

If you are working in a union shop and not paying dues you are a scab