Random Facts

moreluck

golden ticket member
Bargain of the day...

Adidas Clutch Golf Bag (mostly black/ with accents of grey/orange) retails $139.99 for $40.00 !!!!!

We were exiting Ralphs when Bob noticed a liquor display featuring Pebble Beach and he was eyeballing the golf bag. He needed a new one. The guy said if you are interested in a bag, you can have that one for $40. The liquor rep. said he had no room in his vehicle for it. Heck of a deal!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Good Deal

Got a great deal at Ralph's. They had platters of sandwich roll ups (beef,
turkey & ham assortment) that were $21.99 yesterday and are $6.00 today with
an April 3 'sell-by date'. They'll make a couple of lunches for us.......just
add mustard or Mayo.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Quantas Airlines has banned pork from its inflight menu to respect ISLAM. So, I can't have a pork chop because of somebody else's religion?? That's just crazy.

I will never fly Quantas.......If they want to become Islam Airlines........they can.
They have partnered with Middle Eastern Airlines.......I hope the 2 of them are very happy.....and very poor!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
1949...El Bubble Bubble Gum Cigars
are the first five-cent bubble gum. In the mid-1980s, the same company began to
make pink and blue bubble gum cigars to celebrate births.

1922 Hans Riegel invented a chewy
candy called the "dancing bear". Later this confection became known as gummy
bears.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I've noticed since Hostess went out of business, that there are other products out that look just like Twinkies, Hostess Cupcakes with the squiggly icing.....and others.

The pictures on the boxes are identical to the Hostess products, but under a different name.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In what way is "How to feng shui your tiny apartment" a random fact?

A random fact would be something like my brother has 6 toes on his left foot or you can roughly estimate the air temperature by counting the number of times a cricket chirps in 15 seconds and adding 37 to that number.

"How to feng shui your tiny apartment" sounds like it should be in a lifestyle thread, not random facts.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sammie started this thread....here's his description from post #1.

Random Facts.. They can be facts about ANYTHING, even yourself.

ANYTHING means ANYTHING !!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
In what way is "How to feng shui your tiny apartment" a random fact?

A random fact would be something like my brother has 6 toes on his left foot or you can roughly estimate the air temperature by counting the number of times a cricket chirps in 15 seconds and adding 37 to that number.

"How to feng shui your tiny apartment" sounds like it should be in a lifestyle thread, not random facts.

Are you going to a movie today?:happy-very:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you going to a movie today?:happy-very:

Yes---my son and I went to see "42" this afternoon. This movie is every bit as good as advertised. Yes, it is a baseball movie, but is so much more than that. This is a must see but not necessarily in the theater as there are no special effects or anything that you would miss out on by watching it at home. Definitely add this one to your Netflix.