Random Facts

texan

Every head of household must possess a firearm of some kind in Kennesaw Georgia.
On May 1, 1982 the city passed an ordinance [Sec 34-1a] requiring every head of household
to maintain a firearm together with ammunition.

klein

Für Meno :)
Green onions vs. scallions
You say scallion, I say green onion, but are they the same? My conclusion is yes. If you consult a typical seed catalogue you will not find a listing for either green onions or scallions. Instead both are classified as "bunching onions," which is a variety of onion that can be eaten in an immature state. So, what is often referred to as a "green onion" refers to young "bunching onions" that have a bulb at the bottom - even just a slight bulb. Scallions have the same characteristics however are more slender and lack the round bulb. This suggests that scallions are simply green onions picked earlier, before a bulb forms.

klein

Adding salt to water before boiling it, actually increases the boiling point, therefore taking longer to boil.

(may want to change the way I cook noodles) ?????

moreluck

golden ticket member
Adding salt to water before boiling it, actually increases the boiling point, therefore taking longer to boil.

(may want to change the way I cook noodles) ?????
Put in the salt.....it's the best time to salt the pasta

First, salt does not prevent sticking, nor does it significantly increase the boiling point of water. Salt should be added because you should always season every element of food that you eat. Cooking pasta in salted water means that the pasta will absorb some of the salt and therefore not taste bland

Read more: Why do you add salt to the water to cook pasta

klein

Oh, I AGREE Moreluck, but I may want to change the timing when I add the salt (maybe just before I add the noodles) ?

I usually add a drop or 2 of cooking oil, too.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh, I AGREE Moreluck, but I may want to change the timing when I add the salt (maybe just before I add the noodles) ?

I usually add a drop or 2 of cooking oil, too.
I don't do the oil because I was taught that if there's a sauce, that oily, slippery pasta won't hold a sauce well. So I just stir it so the spaghetti doesn't stick together. Unattended it will stick. You have to stay with it.

As I learned, "Pasta waits for no man " so, drain and toss in the sauce quickly.

klein

I don't even drain my noodles anymore. I time them well, turn off the stove-top before they are done, and let them finish cooking in the remaining hot water.

Then I just scoop them out of the hot water as needed, and when we have seconds, the noodles are still very warm by scopping them out of the hot water, again.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't even drain my noodles anymore. I time them well, turn off the stove-top before they are done, and let them finish cooking in the remaining hot water.

Then I just scoop them out of the hot water as needed, and when we have seconds, the noodles are still very warm by scopping them out of the hot water, again.

Left in the hot water they never stop cooking.