Random Facts

moreluck

golden ticket member
What’s the best way to prepare pasta?

In a large pot, boil 4 to 6 quarts of water per pound of pasta. (Adding salt is optional.) Gradually add pasta, stirring to separate it and return to a boil. Boil uncovered, stirring occasionally until desired tenderness. Drain. Serve immediately.

When using cooked pasta in a recipe that requires additional cooking time, like baked tuna noodle casserole or macaroni and cheese, reduce the boiling time by 1 to 2 minutes.

Cook the pasta just before serving. Cook just until “al dente,” or firm to the tooth.

Drain immediately. Pasta will continue to cook if left in hot water.

texan

I don't do the oil because I was taught that if there's a sauce, that oily, slippery pasta won't hold a sauce well. So I just stir it so the spaghetti doesn't stick together. Unattended it will stick. You have to stay with it.

As I learned, "Pasta waits for no man " so, drain and toss in the sauce quickly.

Great tip. Maybe I was just lazy and did not want to "stay at it". I will try your method next time.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Put the pasta back in the pot with 1/2 cup of cooking water. Place on low heat and add sauce. The starch in the cooking water helps the sauce bind with the noodles.

klein

Für Meno :)
Can You Guess What McDonald’s Food Item This Is?

chicken-nugget-paste.jpeg

Say hello to mechanically separated chicken. It’s what all fast-food chicken is made – things like chicken nuggets and patties. Also, the processed frozen chicken in the stores is made from it.
Basically, the entire chicken is smashed and pressed through a sieve — bones, eyes, guts, and all. it comes out looking like this.
There’s more: because it’s crawling with bacteria, it will be washed with ammonia, soaked in it, actually. Then, because it tastes gross, it will be reflavored artificially. Then, because it is weirdly pink, it will be dyed with artificial color.
But, hey, at least it tastes good, right?

read more

chickennugget2.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
So today, I have a whole, real chicken in a big pot and making homemade chicken soup for the sickie. Real celery, carrots, onions too!! Only way to go.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I saw previews for a new FX, animated series called, Unsupervised. It didn't show much, but what I saw I didn't like.....do we really need to show carfuls of teens smoking?

over9five

Staff member
I don't think I'll ever eat them, again !
We can eat it all we want. According to the article, Chicken nuggets have not been made this way since '03:

"(Although McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets are typically offered as an example of a popular MSP-based food, since 2003 that product has been made with all white meat rather than MSP.)"

We can eat it all we want. According to the article, Chicken nuggets have not been made this way since '03:

"(Although McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets are typically offered as an example of a popular MSP-based food, since 2003 that product has been made with all white meat rather than MSP.)"

Lot's of parts of a chicken are considered white meat. Mmmmmm...............pucker!

klein

I love cold meatloaf sandwiches, period !

Some girl driver at UPS told me, I had a yucky lunch after telling her about my meatloaf sandwiches.
She would never eat cold hamburger, she told me. (doesn't know what good food is, eh ) ?

klein

Yummy, mad cow sandwiches ! :) (just kidding, no sick animal makes it into the human food chain and Cach should know that) !

texan

On November 15, 1969, Dave Thomas opened the first Wendy’s Old Fashioned Hamburgers restaurant in Columbus, Ohio.
Today, Wendy’s is the third-largest hamburger chain in the world.