Random Facts

moreluck

golden ticket member
Vacation.... an act or an instance of vacating. If you go nowhere, it's a staycation.

Vacation means taking a break from your regular work or routine to relax.

klein

Für Meno :)
I bought a whole slab of boneles rib-eye the other week. It was on sale for $3 a lb !
The slab was about 12lbs, so I paid $36 for the whole thing ! Love sales like that !

Yesterday and the day before, I had rib-eye beef stew (with red wine gravy), with the ends of the slab that I couldn't cut into steaks.

Got the remaining steaks in my freezer (should actually take a couple out for tomorrow), they are already spiced - I do that before freezing, so even when the meat does defrost, the spices soak into the meat.
Everybody should take the time to spice up meat before freezing.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think (JMO) to the contrary....

Some spices and flavorings change when frozen. A food with a mix of seasonings may taste very different after freezing.

Some sites say it's OK though.

DS

Fenderbender
We've had some bad luck this month.Both our computers died.
The dishwasher cacked,then our A/C and furnace stopped working.My biggest worry was the furnace,A/C.
That can get very expensive.Well today was a good day.We had an electrician and a plumber in.
I bought a new dishwasher and the installation and the furnace A/C fix came in under $400 :)
Some mouse was chewing on our wires.Now we can get some new computers and we'll be ok.
Wife wants a sony or toshiba laptop,I am thinking Macbook .

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We've had some bad luck this month.Both our computers died.
The dishwasher cacked,then our A/C and furnace stopped working.My biggest worry was the furnace,A/C.
That can get very expensive.Well today was a good day.We had an electrician and a plumber in.
I bought a new dishwasher and the installation and the furnace A/C fix came in under $400 :)
Some mouse was chewing on our wires.Now we can get some new computers and we'll be ok.
Wife wants a sony or toshiba laptop,I am thinking Macbook .

You can buy 2 Toshibas for the price of a Sony or 3 for the price of a comparable Macbook.
What say you Jonesy?

P

pickup

Holy crap ... this makes sense.

Cheryl, Check and see if someone hijacked klein's account. :winks:

I was almost inclined to agree with your assessment, Hoax but then I looked at the title of the thread : Random Facts. This astonishing happening of Klein being right might just be explained by sheer randomness. Throw enough darts at a newspaper , you just might hit the listing of the stock that is going up that day. That sort of thing.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"New Chocolate Creme Twinkies
With moist sponge cake on the outside and indulgent chocolate creme filling on the inside, it will satisfy all your snack cake desires."

Chocolate Twinkie® from Hostess Cakes (Our Products)

I never knew there were chocolate and lemon filled Twinkies. I tried the chocolate ones this weekend.....yuck! The rest of the box went to the golf course helpers. If you are a fan of chocolate, these are not rich & chocolatey. I couldn't find the lemon ones.

Last edited:

texan

"New Chocolate Creme Twinkies
With moist sponge cake on the outside and indulgent chocolate creme filling on the inside, it will satisfy all your snack cake desires."

Chocolate Twinkie® from Hostess Cakes (Our Products)

I never knew there were chocolate and lemon filled Twinkies. I tried the chocolate ones this weekend.....yuck! The rest of the box went to the golf course helpers. If you are a fan of chocolate, these are not rich & chocolatey. I couldn't fid the lemon ones.

Like Cokes New Coke failure?

DS

Fenderbender
inasmuch
weird word eh
Am I using it right?
Inasmuch as my literary abilities are somewhat questionable,
I felt brave enough to attempt to use this word in a sentence.

satellitedriver

inasmuch
weird word eh
Am I using it right?
Inasmuch as my literary abilities are somewhat questionable,
I felt brave enough to attempt to use this word in a sentence.
It is three words.
I think the sentence should read;
In as much that my grammatical abilities are questionable, I feel brave enough to use "inasmuch" as a word in a sentence.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I always thought irregardless was not a word but...........

"Nonstandard" means the word is a colloquialism, not "incorrect" or not a word.