Reinstate Lead Bellys account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, I think Cheryl is a big girl and can handle her self. She started this in 99 and I don't think she would have made it this far if she didn't know what she was doing. She is a professional and knows what she is doing. We are all adults here and should have tough enough skin to deal with all the crap this site can bring especially working for ups..

over9five

Staff member
Wow I must have been a real a**hole moderator, because I would have banned 3 of you tough guys just from reading this thread.

I ask the Admins to ban them now just to keep BC a nice place to visit. I think the good guys deserve a clean house.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
My brother doesn't deserve to be banned. We share different viewpoints but that's bull :censored2:!
Hyena, you are a pretty cool person, but this is not about a different point of view.

I have been here for years, and in all that time I have only put 1 person on ignore.

LeadBelly.

And it wasn't because he has a different point of view.

It is because he is 100% an arse.

Upstate doesn't make it to 100% arse, yet.

hyena

Hyena, you are a pretty cool person, but this is not about a different point of view.

I have been here for years, and in all that time I have only put 1 person on ignore.

LeadBelly.

And it wasn't because he has a different point of view.

It is because he is 100% an arse.

Upstate doesn't make it to 100% arse, yet.
Theirs times he comes across as an arse but ultimately he's a good freind of mine and I'll stick up for him.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
What grievance resolutions would we be trading on this corporate site? Just curious..
Naturally the "UPS last chance" extra contractual agreement? We may not agree politically, but I'll fight for you guys until the bitter end. I'm sure it will get be banned or modded, but we are not going down with out a fight. BC hates the first amendment apparently

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Naturally the "UPS last chance" extra contractual agreement? We may not agree politically, but I'll fight for you guys until the bitter end. I'm sure it will get be banned or modded, but we are not going down with out a fight. BC hates the first amendment apparently

The first amendment doesn't apply here.

Freedom of Speech?

The U.S. Constitution:

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

U.S. citizens have the right to say whatever they want, whenever they want, wherever they want: on their own property in accordance with the laws of the land. The Constitution does not say that a privately owned website must guarantee that members can say whatever they want on the forums. It simply states that CONGRESS must not abridge the freedom of speech.

This website is privately owned and not controlled by Congress. As the owner / admin of this site I have the right and responsibility to create, establish, maintain rules that best fit the community and edit, ban, disable the account and or remove the posts of anyone participating here who does not follow the website TOS.

The Terms of Service aren't there to keep anyone from expressing their opinion. They are there to encourage intelligent conversation and suppress name calling, offensive language and misrepresentations.

Read more: Mutual Respect and Tolerance

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
@cheryl, provides us with a (loose) forum, to express our views.
-Bug-

The union and current events forums have pretty much always been like that. The reason this site was created in the first place is because the owner does believe in freedom of expression. She does not care one bit about a member's political or union/UPS views. That being said, she only wants intelligent discussions without the immature vulgar personal attacks. Just about everything that gets moderated is because of some other member complaining about it. LB reported a lot of things and has threatened to sue the owner many times. You can thank him for having the name of the IBT president put on the censure list, that was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. Why people think they can cuss and threaten the owner of a free site that allows them to express themselves is just beyond my comprehension.

We have discussed having a forum with no rules or moderating. I remember Teamsternet had something like that, that didn't work well for them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Perhaps a forum (Brown Cafe After Dark) where anything goes and everything is allowed would be a way for some of these guys to blow off steam without disrupting the other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.