Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The Pharisees were hypocritical because they claimed to be interested in the details of the law, but ignored it when it didn't suit their purposes.
Jesus said, "But woe unto you Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and every herb, and pass over justice and the love of God: but these you ought to have done.....
They liked to appear "righteous," but, justice and love were not part of their armor. When men today profess to be interested in God's law, but lie, they are demonstrating Pharisaical hypocrisy.
Jesus said, "“So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.” (of course in Aramaic).
Jesus is saying the Golden Rule is all you need to know about God's laws and the words of the Prophets.

All the other :poop: is just drivel ... something for the Pharisees to care about.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Jesus said, "“So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.” (of course in Aramaic).
Jesus is saying the Golden Rule is all you need to know about God's laws and the words of the Prophets.

All the other :poop: is just drivel ... something for the Pharisees to care about.

During his personal ministry, Jesus had many debates in an ongoing battle between truth and error.
A religious lawyer once tried to trap him by asking, "Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" (Luke 10:25-37). Jesus answered the question by asking, "What is written in the law? How readest thou?" The lawyer correctly cited two pillars of the law requiring love of God first and then love of neighbor (Deut. 6:5; Lev. 19:18). Jesus said, "Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live."
"If you love me obey my commandments " (John 14:15)
Looks like loving God has a direct relation to obedience .

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
During his personal ministry, Jesus had many debates in an ongoing battle between truth and error.
A religious lawyer once tried to trap him by asking, "Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" (Luke 10:25-37). Jesus answered the question by asking, "What is written in the law? How readest thou?" The lawyer correctly cited two pillars of the law requiring love of God first and then love of neighbor (Deut. 6:5; Lev. 19:18). Jesus said, "Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live."
"If you love me obey my commandments " (John 14:15)
Looks like loving God has a direct relation to obedience .
Sounds like the requirements are to Love God and love thy neighbor.
I'm a strict Constitutionalist myself ... I don't try and make up laws ... especially for Jesus.

BrownFlush

Yep, by his Son which is Him:
“So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you,
for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.”
Law and prophets -- O.T.--Jew-- written "for our learning " ( Rom.15:4 )
N.T. --"law of Christ" ( 1 Cor. 9:21) --Everyone --
" Therefore Christ is the mediator of a New Covenant ...In the case of a will, it is necessary to establish the death of the one who made it, because a will does not take effect until the one who has made it has died, it cannot be executed while he is still alive That is why even the first covenant was not put into effect without blood..." ( Hebrews 9 )
There is more to the Law of Christ than being nice to others.

oldngray

nowhere special
Law and prophets -- O.T.--Jew-- written "for our learning " ( Rom.15:4 )
N.T. --"law of Christ" ( 1 Cor. 9:21) --Everyone --
" Therefore Christ is the mediator of a New Covenant ...In the case of a will, it is necessary to establish the death of the one who made it, because a will does not take effect until the one who has made it has died, it cannot be executed while he is still alive That is why even the first covenant was not put into effect without blood..." ( Hebrews 9 )
There is more to the Law of Christ than being nice to others.
O.T. was written for us but not to us.

BrownFlush

O.T. was written for us but not to us.
Glad we are not bound to it. Haven't been to the temple in a while and sacrificed a heifer .
Glad that law was "nailed to the cross" ( Col. 2:14 )
Being on this side of the cross is the greatest.
"For on the one hand, a former commandment is set aside because of its weakness and uselessness (for the law made nothing perfect); but on the other hand, a better hope is introduced, through which we draw near to God." ( Heb. 7: 18-19 )

bacha29

Perhaps this might help. A couple of weeks ago the Mormons, you know those guys who look alike dress alike conditioned to think alike showed up at my door. And i said to them : "Look, yes you have a constitutionally protected right to practice your religion. What you do not have is a constitutionally protected right to come onto my property unannounced and uninvited and attempt to forcibly impose your religious views on the occupants of this household in an effort to meet your conversion quota". That was the end of that.

BrownFlush

11011910_1489284364707760_6083239648214027456_n.jpg

floridays

Making a point with somebody that is argumentative (DrivelInDrivelOut) isn't arguing , FlorMan
This is not the gospel of your salvation friend. This is Genesis 6.
"Written for our learning ..." ( Rom. 15:4 )
Understood, they will argue any point to deflect from the fact they are lost in their sins. That was the only point I attempted to convey. You can never prove scripture to anyone. It takes the conviction of Sin and therefore separation from God, by the Holy Spirit, to bring a sinner to the cross. A truth, I do love the way you quote scripture however, the Word when done it will not come back void. I don't know you, but I love You in Jesus Christ.
I'm back in prison, it gives me the opportunity to preach to the mods once again.
Best to you Brownflush. :thumbup1:

BrownFlush

Understood, they will argue any point to deflect from the fact they are lost in their sins. That was the only point I attempted to convey. You can never prove scripture to anyone. It takes the conviction of Sin and therefore separation from God, by the Holy Spirit, to bring a sinner to the cross. A truth, I do love the way you quote scripture however, the Word when done it will not come back void. I don't know you, but I love You in Jesus Christ.
I'm back in prison, it gives me the opportunity to preach to the mods once again.
Best to you Brownflush. :thumbup1:
What?
You will be in our prayers daily.
"I was in prison and you visited me."... ( Matthew 25:36 )
Prayer is powerful. Will put you on the prayer list for others to offer prayer at church for God to give you strength and care.

floridays

What?
You will be in our prayers daily.
"I was in prison and you visited me."... ( Matthew 25:36 )
Prayer is powerful. Will put you on the prayer list for others to offer prayer at church for God to give you strength and care.
Mod prison Flush, the Que, they have to okay anything I post before it appears. I will still appreciate your prayers.
Florman, as you call me.
I like that brother:thumbup1::thumbup1:

Status
Not open for further replies.