Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I never understood why fanatics like to push their cult on others. Let me believe what I want.
Push? .. If its counter to your "open" mind its a push? And then the label fanatics and cultist are quickly put on the table. I like extremist .
i never understood why libs like to attack your belief system. let me believe and not believe what i want.
It's all a fine until what one practices or believes is called into question by "fanatics" .
Lib definition of fanatic: One who questions anything I practice or believe.
Tolerance is not enough. Accept or you're just unacceptable..the attack is on. Discussion is out.

Last edited:

newfie

Yeah.. If its counter to your "open" mind the label fanatics and cultist are quickly put on the table... I like extremist .

It's all a fine until what one practices or believes is called into question by "fanatics" .
Tolerance is not enough. Accept or you're just unacceptable..the attack is on. Discussion is out.

exactly . liberals used to preach tolerance. now that only applies if you're a muslim. Christians are fair game for the constant attacks on their belief system.

vantexan

Push? .. If its counter to your "open" mind its a push? And then the label fanatics and cultist are quickly put on the table. I like extremist .

I lived in one of the most liberal places you'll find outside the coasts, Santa Fe, NM, for almost two years. Just going to church on Sunday got me constant loaded questions and suspicious looks from my coworkers. Been my experience wherever I've been that it's not enough that they don't believe. They can't stand that you do. Eats at them. Have to make little snickering comments. Amazes me that the group that is so quick to bring up racism, homophobia, etc can't see their own prejudices.

upsgrunt

It's not enough that non-believers don't believe- they have to deliberately click on a thread titled "religion" and prove with their extensive and vast knowledge that believers don't really know what we are doing. Yet it is us that are pushing our beliefs on them; blows my mind. If you don't want to believe, then don't. Leave us that do alone.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Been my experience wherever I've been that it's not enough that they don't believe. They can't stand that you do. Eats at them. Have to make little snickering comments.
Goes both ways.
Why is it not enough to believe?
Why do evangelicals have to push their beliefs on everyone else?

vantexan

Goes both ways.
Why is it not enough to believe?
Why do evangelicals have to push their beliefs on everyone else?
Has an evangelical pushed his beliefs on you? If a religious person is constantly in your face telling you to repent and be saved or else you'd have a point. Non-religious people have in my experience no restraints. They rail against religion all the time and can get down right nasty with their vitriol. What it comes down to is a Christian believes he must share the gospel but if people reject it the Bible says to move on. It's done out of love and concern. A nonbeliever however will often get angry very quickly if the subject is brought up. And if they know you're a Christian they'll often seek to attack and marginalize you in situations important to your life, like work.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Non-religious people have in my experience no restraints. They rail against religion all the time and can get down right nasty with their vitriol.

A nonbeliever however will often get angry very quickly if the subject is brought up. And if they know you're a Christian they'll often seek to attack and marginalize you in situations important to your life, like work.
I've never experienced that.
Not sure what kind of weirdos you're hanging around.

Status
Not open for further replies.