Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
An ordered universe.
There are two types of proof commonly accepted in science. One is what is generally called Deductive Reasoning. It's widely used in the proving of mathematical theorems.
It reasons from the more general to the specific. Mathematicians use axioms to prove conclusions. So consider:
Something cannot come from nothing -- axiomatic.
Something is -- axiomatic.
Therefore, something always was -- conclusion.
The only conclusion is the "something" always was and always will be. One who is Eternal.

He is the One who set the laws of the Universe in motion.

El Correcto

god is dead
You are the professional.
Tfw you can blame the devil for molesting children
upload_2018-12-16_17-49-59.jpeg

floridays

What would the alternative be?
Your life, as an illustration. I can suggest inputs that would disorder everything and you would have absolutely no recourse other than comply.
You tell me exactly what you would do, or could be done to change the order of the universe.
You are, at the most 3 events from having your personal universe destroyed.
I can tell you exactly how your universe can be destroyed.
Can you do the same with God's creation?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I will prove it but some questions must preclude it, and honest answers on your part are required.

1. Is the life and purpose of a Saviour prophesied in the Old Testament?
2. Was the prophesy fulfilled as recorded in the New Testament?
3. Did Jesus live, as recorded by scripture in the new testament and prophesied in the old testament?
4. Was this Man, Jesus, crucified, as recorded in the new testament and prophesied in the old testament?

I have offered only scriptural proofs of a prophesied and crucified Saviour.

My next question is,
1. Are there secular, historical notations in Roman, Greek and other cultural writings of this "Man" and what these writings attributed to Him and what the Romans did to this man?
The answer to the proceeding question,pertaining to secular recording of events is, YES.
Don't trust me, do your own research.

With the prophesied claims, actual eyewitness claims of the day, and secular unbelievers,

WHERE IS THE BODY OF THIS MAN?

The scripture will be proven to be true again, with your response.
So that's your proof? You don't have a body? With that reasoning, James Hoffa could be your god.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Is God real, or is he imaginary? It is one of the most important questions you can ask yourself.

If God is real and if God inspired the Bible, then we should worship God as the Bible demands. We should certainly post the Ten Commandments in our courthouses and shopping centers, put "In God We Trust" on the money and pray in our schools. We should focus our society on God and his infallible Word because our everlasting souls hang in the balance.

On the other hand, if God is imaginary, then religion is a complete illusion. Christianity, Judaism and Islam are pointless. Belief in God is nothing but a silly superstition, and this superstition leads a significant portion of the population to be delusional.

But how can we decide, conclusively, whether God is real or imaginary?

Why won't God Heal Amputees?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
This proves for sure there is no God...no wait..
This proves we need to put the heat on something else because we don't want to address what's on the front burner.
wut?

It's an article from today, about a Christian pastor, in a thread titled religion. You don't dictate the conversation toilet boy.

BrownFlush

wut?

It's an article from today, about a Christian pastor, in a thread titled religion. You don't dictate the conversation toilet boy.
Pardon me.
I wouldn't dare think of taking your spot.

The timing was way off the flow of the subject matter.
And here I thought you were avoiding addressing something . Your usual hit, stir, and run.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Pardon me.

The timing was way off the flow of the subject matter.
There had been an hour with no posts, but my timing interrupted the "flow of the subject matter"..... mkay then.

Maybe you just don't want to talk about a Christian pastor who bought his wife a $200,000 Lamborghini.

BrownFlush

There had been an hour with no posts, but my timing interrupted the "flow of the subject matter"..... mkay then
mkay then.. I guess this means you will remain silent on what was posted.

Maybe you just don't want to talk about a Christian pastor who bought his wife a $200,000 Lamborghini.
Nah.. I could care less about the sins of Lamborghini guy.. I got enough of my own to address.

Status
Not open for further replies.