Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbsam

Staff member
So if he believes it to be heresy, just keep quiet and let people do what they want? If he voiced his beliefs he gets a chorus shouting him down. But that's ok in your book? Hide it under a bushel, no, I'm going to let it shine. Adultery is sin, fornication is sin, and trying to get rid of the result of doing such things is murder, sin. Even if you don't believe in God you ought to at least respect the sanctity of human life and the nobility of protecting the weak and innocent. Abortion is a cancer on the United States, and is very close to killing the soul of this country, if it hasn't already. And all the sneers from the morally corrupt won't change that. I am a weak sinner, and I know my place in heaven won't ever be found if I don't resist temptation and seek his salvation. And giving in to all the base instincts that seem to motivate all of us will not get me to heaven.
Oh, no. Do as you will. Just realize that another’s heresy, debauchery, lewdness, or false piety is no more in need of His grace as your own shortcomings. See to it that you repent and leave others to do as they will.

I’m sure if you reflect upon it, you have more than enough to repent of such that you probably don’t have time to point fingers.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Oh, no. Do as you will. Just realize that another’s heresy, debauchery, lewdness, or false piety is no more in need of His grace as your own shortcomings. See to it that you repent and leave others to do as they will.

I’m sure if you reflect upon it, you have more than enough to repent of such that you probably don’t have time to point fingers.
Of coarse..leave others to do as they will.
That's the Lord's example. LOL

BrownFlush

When did Christ (whom you suggest is offended) ask for that forgiveness?
Doesn't matter.
The opportunity to receive the forgiveness that Jesus asked God to give them was not given to them until they asked for it in Acts 2:37...after hearing what they had done in Peter's sermon in Acts 2.. the forgiveness was not automatic until they respond in obedience .

bbsam

Staff member
Doesn't matter.
The opportunity to receive the forgiveness that Jesus asked God to give them was not given to them until they asked for it in Acts 2:37...after hearing what they had done in Peter's sermon in Acts 2.. the forgiveness was not automatic until they respond in obedience .
But you asked if nothing offended Jesus.

And even at His brutal murder he was not offended.

So yes, it does matter.

BrownFlush

But you asked if nothing offended Jesus.

And even at His brutal murder he was not offended.

So yes, it does matter.
You shifted.
Not addressing offense .
Since sin is a transgression of the law ( 1 John 3:4) I'm gonna go with it bothered him enough to die because of it.

BrownFlush

You don’t want to take free will from people, do you?
Really? LOL.. Free will is what its all about.
You seem to not want to come clean.

Answer true or false:
Because we have free will, that means that whatever we choose to do is ok and fine with God because he loves you and the means he is fine with whatever you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.