Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbsam

Staff member
You shifted.
Not addressing offense .
Since sin is a transgression of the law ( 1 John 3:4) I'm gonna go with it bothered him enough to die because of it.
Well then you, sir, are a heretic.

Because to die for the sins of the world is exactly why he came into the world. And Jesus would say as much. He, as God’s own sacrifice was not “bothered enough to die because of it”. To Peter, his closest follower he rebuked such temptation, “Get behind me Satan!”

bbsam

Staff member
Really? LOL.. Free will is what its all about.
You seem to not want to come clean.

Answer true or false:
Because we have free will, that means that whatever we choose to do is ok and fine with God because he loves you and the means he is fine with whatever you do.
Not at all.

But I don’t get to decide when you turn from sin. You’ll have to decide that for yourself. Maybe you never will.

God’s love supersedes what you do or don’t do.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Well then you, sir, are a heretic.

Because to die for the sins of the world is exactly why he came into the world. And Jesus would say as much. He, as God’s own sacrifice was not “bothered enough to die because of it”. To Peter, his closest follower he rebuked such temptation, “Get behind me Satan!”
What a twist.
You're worse than DIDO in a discussion and just trying to have a discussion.

BrownFlush

Not at all.

But I don’t get to decide when you turn from sin. You’ll have to decide that for yourself. Maybe you never will.

God’s love supersedes what you do or don’t do.
Unreal.
Ya got nothin'.
1 bbsam 2:14 " Do what you want. Live how you want. It's all good . There is no violation to repent and turn from.

bbsam

Staff member
You want to believe that Jesus could decide not to be slaughtered. That his free will was not different than a human’s free will.

Basically that he was not the Son of God. That his will could somehow be different than God’s will.

Heretic.

BrownFlush

You want to believe that Jesus could decide not to be slaughtered. That his free will was not different than a human’s free will.

Basically that he was not the Son of God. That his will could somehow be different than God’s will.

Heretic.
He made the CHOICE to be obedient to the Father all the way to the cross. He could have called 10,000 angels, and not went, he chose his Fathers will.
For me? Yes.

But you do you.
Hidden in "you do you" which you don't have the spine to say is " Homosexuality is not wrong if that's what you want to do."

bbsam

Staff member
I can stand it. I love it.
You can't stand the fact that choice means one can make the wrong choice.
I don’t know how you can call it wrong for another person.

See, I know the darkness I’ve come through and I don’t regret any of it. Not embarrassed by it, don’t ever want to forget any of it. I’ll never call it wrong because that past is part of who I’ve become. Still a bunch of ugly still. I still like sin. I still “do that which I know I should not and don’t do that which I know that I should”.

It’s human. We can at best claim spiritual progress and nothing more.

BrownFlush

I don’t know how you can call it wrong for another person.

See, I know the darkness I’ve come through and I don’t regret any of it. Not embarrassed by it, don’t ever want to forget any of it. I’ll never call it wrong because that past is part of who I’ve become. Still a bunch of ugly still. I still like sin. I still “do that which I know I should not and don’t do that which I know that I should”.

It’s human. We can at best claim spiritual progress and nothing more.
I didn't call it wrong.
God in His revealed will called it wrong.
Please God.. agree and do His will.
Displease God.. disagree with His will and do whatever you want.

Who doesn't .a)." do what I know I shouldn't do" .. answer: repent ask for forgiveness.
b)"do what I know I shouldn't do".. wrong answer: Continue in the sin.. not repent.. say there is nothing wrong with it and God's love will take care of it.
b) is not in the scriptures

vantexan

Oh, no. Do as you will. Just realize that another’s heresy, debauchery, lewdness, or false piety is no more in need of His grace as your own shortcomings. See to it that you repent and leave others to do as they will.

I’m sure if you reflect upon it, you have more than enough to repent of such that you probably don’t have time to point fingers.
And you don't want anyone pointing out the evil that's being done in this country. Might come back on you. I already pointed out I'm a weak sinner. That doesn't mean I just just keep it to myself and not point out systemic evil going on. Abortion is murder, and any Christian supporting it has a fundamental misunderstanding of the Bible. That's not me talking, that's not God talking to me directly, that's his word given to us in the Bible. You are free to believe as you want, live as you want, as long as you aren't hurting others. But how will your choices be judged by God?

Status
Not open for further replies.