Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownArmy

Yes. How does one not commit crimes if they don’t know the words of sheep herders and the Jesus?!

It’s an interesting discussion.

Brownflush seems to think I have no possible basis for morals or morality because I’m an atheist.

Chime in here brownflush if I’m misrepresenting your position...

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King

Brownflush seems to think I have no possible basis for morals or morality because I’m an atheist.

I've chimed, gonged, and bonged.
Use words (since you have the best ones) that represent your position on the basis of your morality.

Pond scum turns into a person means morality has the same origin .

Box Ox

Yep. There were undoubtedly good people who knew not to murder, commit adultery, steal, bear false witness or covet before the Ten Commandments came to be.

El Correcto

god is dead
upload_2019-4-19_23-15-12.jpeg

I’m watching this documentary about Texas Jesus. I like Texas Jesus’s attitude toward the federal government, sucks he share @vantexan ’s views on menstrations and young women. Other than that seems like a cool guy.

BrownArmy

I've chimed, gonged, and bonged.
Use words...

Ok, morals or fundamental morality aren’t based on Religion.

There were highly established moral codes hundreds/thousands of years before Christianity, in your particular circumstance.

You base your morals on your own religion- that’s to be expected.

If you had grown up in Egypt or Saudi Arabia or parts of Chechnya etc., you’d be a Muslim, and you’d be telling me about those morals.

Bottom line, I don’t need your religion or anyone else’s to define for me what morality is or what my morals are.

I’m not sorry if that offends you or if you don’t understand it, it is what it is.

BrownFlush

Yep. There were undoubtedly good people who knew not to murder, commit adultery, steal, bear false witness or covet before the Ten Commandments came to be.
How did people know they are "good"? How did they "know" not to
murder, commit adultery, steal, bear false witness or covet.
Yes. Murder, adultery, theft, false witness and coveting would all still be problems even if the Jesus had not said so.
"Why" would they be "problems"?
Jesus didn't say they were problems. He said they were transgressions of the law.

BrownArmy

The quote number dipwad.

Oh okay, I just don’t agree with any of that.

To me that just seems like a believer trying to put the scaffolding of belief onto a non-believer.

That’s the thing: I’m not a believer.

Your endless rationalities for your own beliefs hold zero sway with me.

And yet, I live a moral life.

(How could this be?!??)

Lulz

BrownFlush

Ok, morals or fundamental morality aren’t based on Religion.
What are they based on?
There were highly established moral codes hundreds/thousands of years before Christianity, in your particular circumstance.
Where did the "codes" come from and how were they established?
If you had grown up in Egypt or Saudi Arabia or parts of Chechnya etc., you’d be a Muslim, and you’d be telling me about those morals
So if I was a Muslim you would agree that killing an infidel would be right for me to do because it is not a violation of my morals?
Bottom line, I don’t need your religion or anyone else’s to define for me what morality is or what my morals are.
My religion? LOL
Since nothing or no one defines for you what morality is, you are a law to yourself and everything is subjective. Good deal. What a wonderful world it would be if everybody got to be you!
I’m not sorry if that offends you or if you don’t understand it, it is what it is.
You're tough. I'm so offended.LOL SMH
I understand completely. You've answered nothing. Wait... yes you have.

BrownArmy

Could it be that you appeal to a moral law and won't admit it? No..No..too much credit. You don't even know it.

Again:

Asked and answered.

I don’t need a religious scaffold to have morals or morality.

End of discussion.

If you do, I’m legitimately pleased for you, but in the same way you wouldn’t want a Buddhist to tell you how to worship or think about reality or morals, who are you to tell me that my internal moral code is suspect because I haven’t chosen your particular deity out of a 1000+ choices?

Talk about a breakdown in logic!

If it works for you, GodSpeed, just don’t tell me I’m wrong because I filled in the MadLibs page with adjectives you don’t approve of...

Status
Not open for further replies.