Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Again:

Asked and answered.

I don’t need a religious scaffold to have morals or morality.

End of discussion.

If you do, I’m legitimately pleased for you, but in the same way you wouldn’t want a Buddhist to tell you how to worship or think about reality or morals, who are you to tell me that my internal moral code is suspect because I haven’t chosen your particular deity out of a 1000+ choices?

Talk about a breakdown in logic!

If it works for you, GodSpeed, just don’t tell me I’m wrong because I filled in the MadLibs page with adjectives you don’t approve of...
Just be glad that he has religion because without it he would probably be out murdering and raping.

Some people just aren't wired mentally to understand the necessity of ordered societies, it's probably the reason men invented religion to begin with.

BrownArmy

What are they based on?

Where did the "codes" come from and how were they established?

(Innate primate relational necessity...food, sex, shelter, etc., elaborate over 1M years)

So if I was a Muslim you would agree that killing an infidel would be right for me to do because it is not a violation of my morals?

(No, that would still be totally fkd and immoral, straw man argument...)

My religion? LOL
Since nothing or no one defines for you what morality is, you are a law to yourself and everything is subjective. Good deal. What a wonderful world it would be if everybody got to be you!

(If you need a focus for your own morality, good on you. Meanwhile, I'm just me, and I'm not stealing, killing, raping, etc. etc. HOW COULD THIS BE?!)

You're tough.

(You have no idea...)

BrownArmy

Just be glad that he has religion because without it he would probably be out murdering and raping.

Some people just aren't wired mentally to understand the necessity of ordered societies, it's probably the reason men invented religion to begin with.

Well, he said it himself.

Without God, he'd be a godless murderous machine. ?

Glad he's got the Bible.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King

This time, actually watch it.

Ten minutes out of your life, you can do it.
I watched it the first time. There are holes all in it. I could respond to each point but then you don't respond when I do it. Talk about a few minutes of your life. You don't do it. (or can't )
Again:

Asked and answered.

I don’t need a religious scaffold to have morals or morality.

End of discussion.
The discussion has never started.You have answered nothing.
Stop standing on the religious scaffold you (not me)keep injecting.
What do you NEED to have morals and morality?

BrownFlush

Well, he said it himself.

Without God, he'd be a godless murderous machine. ?

Glad he's got the Bible.
@Box Ox said it..he was being sarcastic . I have not mentioned God or religion.You keep bringing it up.
Glad you dropped by with nothing to offer....hey ..help a wireless brain ..how does a society get ORDERED and why is that necessary ? Of coarse MEN invented that.LOL

Indecisi0n

Santa's least favorite son, poor guy.
giphy.gif

BrownFlush

Where does your morality come from?
You. Me.
It's all subjective.
Whatever the individual thinks is right or wrong.

One of the questions you never answered (shocking) ..try again
If I was raised a Muslim and had Muslim morals (You inferred this along with Egyptians,etc) then it would be right for me to kill infidels because it does not violate what I believe is wrong. True or False?

Last edited:

Box Ox

If I was raised a Muslim and had Muslim morals (You inferred this along with Egyptians,etc) then it would be right for me to kill infidels because it does not violate what I believe is wrong.

Should life-long atheists be rounded up and imprisoned since they might be fine with killing anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.