Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbsam

Staff member
So the bible museum in my city that explains the world is 10,000 years old and humans walked the earth with dinosaurs.....
If that's not religion saying stop asking, I don't know what is.
Try another religion. Oh. You aren't saying there is only one, are you? The mecca of all religions is the museum in your town? Good lord, man! Grow up and grow a pair already!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Try another religion. Oh. You aren't saying there is only one, are you? The mecca of all religions is the museum in your town? Good lord, man! Grow up and grow a pair already!
He said science ask how and religion explains why.
So why? What's the answer? Since you're so grown up and have it all figured out.

Not sure why you're telling me to grow up, you're the one getting all worked up over a bunch of cults based around works of fiction meant to simplify a complicated world to ancient peoples.

bbsam

Staff member
He said science ask how and religion explains why.
So why? What's the answer? Since you're so grown up and have it all figured out.

Not sure why you're telling me to grow up, you're the one getting all worked up over a bunch of cults based around works of fiction meant to simplify a complicated world to ancient peoples.
:)

Because your reply is ridiculous. Religion says stop asking? Really? Maybe you're just not asking the right question. I mean, really, would you ask a philosophy professor to explain the deepest aspects of the internal combustion engine?

How about taking it for what it's worth. As far as religion and whatever it has to teach, the earth was created 10,000 years ago. Don't like that. Ok. But it really is beside the point. As far as your life today goes, science and religion are in agreement: the earth was formed long before you were born.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Funny how you say I'm wrong and you're reasoning is I picked the wrong religion as an example. That kind of poison has killed an unfathomable amount of people throughout recorded history.

bbsam

Staff member
Funny how you say I'm wrong and you're reasoning is I picked the wrong religion as an example. That kind of poison has killed an unfathomable amount of people throughout recorded history.
That's a stretch.

I replied with respect to asking questions of religion and you have me sided up with the Inquisition. Actually it's you who is closed minded and because of your limited experience with a very small part of what makes up "religion" you've got it all locked away at a local museum.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
How about taking it for what it's worth. As far as religion and whatever it has to teach, the earth was created 10,000 years ago. Don't like that. Ok. But it really is beside the point. As far as your life today goes, science and religion are in agreement: the earth was formed long before you were born.
If you're able to pick and choose which parts of a religion you believe, what's the point of it at all?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That's a stretch.

I replied with respect to asking questions of religion and you have me sided up with the Inquisition. Actually it's you who is closed minded and because of your limited experience with a very small part of what makes up "religion" you've got it all locked away at a local museum.
My limited experience? You don't know me.

bbsam

Staff member
My limited experience? You don't know me.
How big is "religion"? I think I know enough to guess that you have not delved deeply into all the world's religions. I mean, c'mon. You threw out that bit about "10,000 years old". That's pretty weak, juvenile argument stuff that college sophomores banter about while probing their new-found pseudo-intellectuallity (not sure that's even a word).

bbsam

Staff member
Of course, it is your right and privilege to view all you consider "religion" with that defense against all argument: "contempt prior to investigation ".

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
How big is "religion"? I think I know enough to guess that you have not delved deeply into all the world's religions. I mean, c'mon. You threw out that bit about "10,000 years old". That's pretty weak, juvenile argument stuff that college sophomores banter about while probing their new-found pseudo-intellectuallity (not sure that's even a word).
You're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.