Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyb

This the word of God @rickyb

Chris hedges is here today and gone tomorrow. Read the Bible and get a personal relationship.
I doubt cornel west or chris hedges are anti gay and theyre both christians, hedges is a presbyterian minister. id b interested in wat james cones had to say about it too.

Regardless i just view the bible as an old story which star wars and the matrix updated. the bible has alot of violence it it, more than the koran which hedges has wrote about, so u cant just follow everything it says. theres many types of christianity, for example ones which encourage patriarchy which im pretty sure is a problem

I doubt cornel west or chris hedges are anti gay and theyre both christians, hedges is a presbyterian minister. id b interested in wat james cones had to say about it too.

Regardless i just view the bible as an old story which star wars and the matrix updated. the bible has alot of violence it it, more than the koran which hedges has wrote about, so u cant just follow everything it says. theres many types of christianity, for example ones which encourage patriarchy which im pretty sure is a problem
Yes the old testament is filled with men being violent and God judging them. It is brutally honest, recorded for our instruction.

rickyb

the way ppl act in the world makes me uneasy

theres a lack of intention and purpose.

for example just looking at them superficially its all copies of copies and clothes quite often with little to no message on them.

these ppl could be religious but their fashion reminds me of conformity and nihilism
Yep

Do not let anyone deceive you like that in any way. That day will not happen until certain other things have happened. Before that day, there will be a time when many people will turn against God. Also, the man who is completely against God will appear. God will surely destroy him in the end.
2 Thessalonians 2:3 EASY

rickyb

theres a connection between letting go and paragliding, letting go and blowing up the death star, and letting go and rebelling against corporations and govts

Thebrownblob

quite often i think the truth is hidden, so i assume what every one is doing is often wrong

2 Corinthians 4:3-4
3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

rickyb

2 Corinthians 4:3-4​

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
what is 4 saying?

Non sequitur

I know a lot of supposed “religious” people Who I wouldn’t trust. Jesus was not to hip on the pharisees or religious leaders of the day either.
Knowing truth isn't living truth. You have to get after it everyday. Ask and you shall receive, means you probably haven't asked yet. And what are you asking for? To regain your childlike innocence. To not offend God or your neighbor. Ten Commandments is the old rule book and it still applies. The law of grace is the law of redemption. It shouldn't be presumed. Jesus didn't leave us orphans he established an economy of salvation. But he gave man the power (free will) to choose. True love is not compelled. So get after it. Like the Nike commercial said, just do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.