Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FromOffTheStreets

@Fred's Myth
When the sound of crickets is all one hears in response to what the scriptures actually teach, it means the wrestling match is on. What will you do?
Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth the lord Jesus & believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Good works are great, baptism is great but the only thing that will save you is the sacrifice of Jesus. He paid the debt that you could never repay.
I've seen many get baptized who no longer believe. It's an obedience action that should be taken, but it doesn't save your soul.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth the lord Jesus & believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Good works are great, baptism is great but the only thing that will save you is the sacrifice of Jesus. He paid the debt that you could never repay.
I've seen many get baptized who no longer believe. It's an obedience action that should be taken, but it doesn't save your soul.
The above scriptures disagree with you.
This passage helped me...
he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit--Titus 3:5
Works done in righteousness are things done that make us right/ righteous ...his mercy and grace is included in all of these acts of obedience believing, confessing, repenting, baptism ...But His mercy in this particular verse is shown in baptism (washing of regeneration) It his his work, not ours.
Obedience to the gospel that includes New Testament baptism (to be saved, for the remission of sins, ) is not a guarantee one will not become unfaithful. Peter affirms this..." For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first." 1 Peter 2:20

Last edited:

floridays

@Fred's Myth
When the sound of crickets is all one hears in response to what the scriptures actually teach, it means the wrestling match is on. What will you do?
You posted this
Please respond to the my comments on this subject in the religion thread. I responded to @Fred's Myth comments and scripture he posted concerning salvation by faith. He has yet to respond. Since you and him have tied the knot, maybe you can help.
Do you not remember the exhaustive discussion we had about this same topic in

“The Body of Christ” with Integrity (On Topic Only” thread​

?

@Fred's Myth can speak for himself, quite frankly he doesn't need my help, I only get in his way.

floridays

Take care Stumpy.
Not interested riddling
Honest , open discussion about what the Bible teaches in a religious thread will not come from you.
Take care.
No riddle.
Anyone that is interested in seeing your dodge is free to check it out.

I jumped in after your post number 832, my first post was 837.

Deflect or riddle that.

You directed me back to this thread,

No riddle, you can't handle, "Honest , open discussion about what the Bible teaches."

You are stuck on dunking sinners in the water, gives you a position of percieved power and status.

BrownFlush

No riddle.
Anyone that is interested in seeing your dodge is free to check it out.

I jumped in after your post number 832, my first post was 837.

Deflect or riddle that.

You directed me back to this thread,

No riddle, you can't handle, "Honest , open discussion about what the Bible teaches."

You are stuck on dunking sinners in the water, gives you a position of percieved power and status.
Like I said,
Taking a Bible passage. Discussing the text. Coming to a conclusion about it. Making application.
Is beyond your ability.
Your pokes don't even make sense.
Take care.

floridays

Like I said,
Taking a Bible passage. Discussing the text. Coming to a conclusion about it. Making application.
Is beyond your ability.
Your pokes don't even make sense.
Take care.
I understand. BrownFlush and the church of christ is the authority.

I see you are the arbiter of ability and your "church" obviously truth pertaining to washing of water for the remission of sin.

floridays

You realize Tommy sits around lying about cheating on his wife or actually cheating on his wife? He also lies about gay best friends and being best man at a gay wedding.

Tommy is a nut job who only cares about arguing his version of Christianity which allows him to feel superior and enlightened.
His enlightened world view includes women coming from man’s rib, talking snakes, people that lived to be 800+, Noah’s ark nonsense, t-rexes and humans being alive at the same time, earth being young, created in 7 days, all humanity here since the beginning basically, etc.

He is legitimately a crazy person and probably a false prophet condemned to hell if there is one. He probably is one of those nut jobs that can’t even go to church because he hates people more than he loves god, like the other “Christians” on here.
Sounds like doggy needs a bone?

Not you?

He is watching u
download (4).jpeg

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
@Fred's Myth
John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire. Luke 3:16

Even Jesus baptized without water. Isn’t His example the one we should be following?

El Correcto

god is dead
John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire. Luke 3:16

Even Jesus baptized without water. Isn’t His example the one we should be following?
No Jesus is wrong, brownflush knows it all.

BrownFlush

Jesus never baptized anyone. With or without water.
You are not able to follow His example.
Jesus promised to send the Comforter, The Holy Spirit. This is what John is talking about.
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you" (Jn. 16:13). The apostles would be without a Comforter when Jesus departed, but they would receive another Comforter (the Holy Spirit) to be with them. His mission would be to supply the needs of the apostles in carrying out the great commission given by Jesus.
That baptism(Holy Ghost) baptism happened two times and only two times for specific and distinct purpose.
1) Pentecost.The fulfillment of what John prophesied took place in Acts 2. This "baptism" gave the 12 the ability/power to miraculously speak a foreign language . The purpose was so those gathered there for Pentecost could here the Gospel message being spoken by Peter in their own language. Baptism of the Holy Spirit was simply miraculous power that was promised by Jesus.
2) Acts. 10. This (baptism) power/miraculous ability was given to Cornelius before his conversation to show Peter that the Gentiles were worthy to hear the gospel and be in the kingdom equal with the Jews.

Jesus was baptized in water by John to "fulfill all scripture".
Obedience in water baptism in the New Testament is the only baptism that is for the remission of sins. It is the "one" baptism Paul speaks of in Ephesians 4:4.

Is this the counter ? Do you not have anything to the passages that I quoted?
Be glad to discuss the HS but you have nothing?
You think those passages quoted in #5,098 is HS baptism? Seriously?

Last edited:
Jesus never baptized anyone. With or without water.
You are not able to follow His example.
Jesus promised to send the Comforter, The Holy Spirit. This is what John is talking about.
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you" (Jn. 16:13). The apostles would be without a Comforter when Jesus departed, but they would receive another Comforter (the Holy Spirit) to be with them. His mission would be to supply the needs of the apostles in carrying out the great commission given by Jesus.
That baptism(Holy Ghost) baptism happened two times and only two times for specific and distinct purpose.
1) Pentecost.The fulfillment of what John prophesied took place in Acts 2. This "baptism" gave the 12 the ability/power to miraculously speak a foreign language . The purpose was so those gathered there for Pentecost could here the Gospel message being spoken by Peter in their own language. Baptism of the Holy Spirit was simply miraculous power that was promised by Jesus.
2) Acts. 10. This (baptism) power/miraculous ability was given to Cornelius before his conversation to show Peter that the Gentiles were worthy to hear the gospel and be in the kingdom equal with the Jews.

Jesus was baptized in water by John to "fulfill all scripture".
Obedience in water baptism in the New Testament is the only baptism that is for the remission of sins. It is the "one" baptism Paul speaks of in Ephesians 4:4.

Is this the counter ? Do you not have anything to the passages that I quoted?
Be glad to discuss the HS but you have nothing?
You think those passages quoted in #5,098 is HS baptism? Seriously?
Scripture: "He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost"

Brownflush: "Jesus never baptized anyone"

Status
Not open for further replies.