Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Ok. Thanks for your honesty.

How can you criticize the Bible for saying that God allowed incest to populate the earth but also not be opposed to it being legal?
I look at both incest and homosexuality the same way. My personal opinion is that both are wrong but it's none of my business what consenting adults do with their sexuality.

floridays

@BrownFlush
You are the only scripture guy so I'm gonna need one to back up each of these claims, and they better inculde the word water baptism.
The grace that forgives you of sin is in baptism.
The grace that takes a dead man in sin and makes him alive again is in baptism.
The grace that adds you to the church is in baptism.
The grace that puts you in his kingdom is in baptism.
The grace that makes you a Christian is in baptism.
The grace that washes away your sin is in baptism.
The grace that saves you is in baptism .
The grace that puts one in Christ is in baptism.
Get busy.
I can tell you beforehand you will not find it.

Give us some more coc doctrine or teaching that you claim doesn't exist, you certainly will not find it in the scripture.

Get busy or just say you can't.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I see.
Your faith is in your baptism not the finished work of Jesus on the cross and God the Father raising him from the dead.

I understand you are one of these that make the cross of Christ of none effect

1 Corinthians 1:17​

“For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.”

I guess in your circle that makes you a pretty powerful man.

I'm sure you have been a baptizer, is that a correct assumption?
Please stop, Stumpy!
You are putting me to sleep, I want to stay up a while longer.

BrownFlush

@BrownFlush
You are the only scripture guy so I'm gonna need one to back up each of these claims, and they better inculde the word water baptism.

Get busy.
I can tell you beforehand you will not find it.

Give us some more coc doctrine or teaching that you claim doesn't exist, you certainly will not find it in the scripture.

Get busy or just say you can't.
Lol
Get busy and play with yourself Stumpy.
I’ve posted enough scripture.
Do with it what you want.

I look at both incest and homosexuality the same way. My personal opinion is that both are wrong but it's none of my business what consenting adults do with their sexuality.
I really do appreciate your honesty here.

Why do you believe it's none of your business. It's wrong, right? Do you think it may be in anyway bad for their mental or physical health?

floridays

Please stop, Stumpy!
You are putting me to sleep, I want to stay up a while longer.
Non responsive. It's clear to everyone here your faith is in water baptism.

It makes you a big guy at the coc as well.

Didn't you tell me I wasn't a candidate for baptism?
In your cult you would damn me to hell.
You are a powerful man among your cultists.

floridays

There is something to God judging a person based on his ability to comprehend and understand things. Makes people responsible and accountable.
Your chances are looking real good that you might get a pass based on your comments. Of course, only God knows that.
Let it be known your response was to being baptized into Christ.

Not water.

Instead of these lame responses shouldn't you be looking up scripture to support your post?
Or you can easily say you can't support it.
If he's right and believes he's right he shouldnt have to result to name-calling and belittling. He would be trying to humbly genuinely convince you as if he really believed your eternity depended on it.

Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
Matthew 22:37‭-‬40 NKJV

floridays

If he's right and believes he's right he shouldnt have to result to name-calling and belittling. He would be trying to humbly genuinely convince you as if he really believed your eternity depended on it.

Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
Matthew 22:37‭-‬40 NKJV

Even that commandment none of us can keep.

I thank God for the shed blood of His Son for me personally, I can't do it.

Anyone that says they do is a liar.
I'll say it may not be a purposeful lie but God will reveal it at the right times.

BrownFlush

@BrownFlush

The question on the table was does a person need to maintain good works to retain their salvation.

In your mind, your teachings do they?
In John's mind, (I don't have any teachings) as has already been stated.
Once you are in the light he commands us to
Walk in the light as he is in the light. When you sin,(that's probably not a good work) confess and ask God to forgive you.
Grace of God is seen when confession, repentence, and prayer for forgiveness is asked of God. And he forgives you

Instead of these lame responses shouldn't you be looking up scripture to support your post?
Or you can easily say you can't support it.
Can you hear me Helen Keller? Plenty of scripture has been posted .
With all due respect, in case you are learning disabled, your responses read like you're an idiot.
The only thing I'm chasing is an escape hatch. I'm wore out, not in defense of the Gospel, but of you.
You make up stuff that wasn't said, impugn motives, blow sideways and riddle things that you only know the meaning of.
Now run along. If you can't find someone else to dance the Stumpy dance with, play with yourself.

Even that commandment none of us can keep.

I thank God for the shed blood of His Son for me personally, I can't do it.

Anyone that says they do is a liar.
I'll say it may not be a purposeful lie but God will reveal it at the right times.
I agree. It is difficult. I can't do it. But it is the objective standard that we should all strive for

Status
Not open for further replies.