Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
No,
He said that was the work of God. The questioner ask, what must I do to do the works of God. He wanted to help God out a little. He was a works guy, just like you.
The answer was believe.

You are really down on working your way to salvation.
Belief is a work of God, but repentance, confession, and baptism is a work of man? What man made them a up after God made belief up?
You wrong, Stumpy.
They all are works of righteousness , just like belief. They are from God and designed to make us righteous.

floridays

Belief is a work of God, but repentance, confession, and baptism is a work of man? What man made them a up after God made belief up?
You wrong, Stumpy.
They all are works of righteousness , just like belief. They are from God and designed to make us righteous.
Feel free to rest in your righteousness. For myself, I'll rely on imputed righteousness.

I have a question on the ticker for the (you) Bible scholar

Must a person maintain good works to retain salvation?

BrownFlush

You understand exactly where @BrownFlush resides.

Many others that feel the need to offer works just don't understand Grace.

BrownFlush does understand Grace, but it's just not sufficient for him. He has to put his dirty little fingers on it and help God out just a bit.
You have no idea.
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast --One of the greatest passages in scripture.

When Jesus said , "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do."
Can you imagine how much grace was shown 50 days later in Acts 2 when those that had the blood of the Son of God on their hands were given the the opportunity to be forgiven? When they asked what must they do to be saved? They were told what to do in V38, 3000 responded , not earning forgiveness , but obeying the commandant of what to do to be forgiven. Saved by grace and having faith in what they were told to do.

When Saul was killing Christians , imagine the grace he was shown by the Lord to be forgiven. He was told what to do to have his sins washed away, he believed (active faith) and did what he was told to do. Not earning forgiveness, saved by grace and faith in what he was told.

The Ephesians were saved the same way. All the examples of conversation in Acts, same way. the Galatians, Colossians ,etc. all the same.
We can talk all day about the Grace of God and a million years from now, you still wouldn't be done.All that entails, the cross.etc.
But, for me, the grace of God was shown by someone who cared enough about my soul to sit down and open the Bible and show me passages like I have quoted for a few days now. By His grace God allowed me to live long enough to hear the truth of the Gospel and obey it. The faith in what God said he would do caused me (Active faith) to obey him. Not works, didn't earn a thing, just simple, trusting obedience in faith knowing his loving grace and mercy would forgive me.

Many rejected Christ and the Apostles teaching. Many do today. Funny thing how God works.
By His grace, you have heard the gospel in the Brown Cafe. It appears you have no faith in it at all.

GOD'S PART

1. The great love of God for man (John 3:16)
2. He gave His Son, Jesus Christ, as the Saviour (Luke 19:10)
3. Sent the Holy Spirit as a guide (John 16:13)
4. Gave the Gospel as "the power" unto salvation (Romans 1:16)
5. Provided atonement by the blood of Christ (Romans 5:9)

MAN'S PART

1. Hear the Gospel. (Romans 10:17, John 8:32)
2. Believe the Gospel (Hebrews 11:6, John 20:31)
3. Repent of past sins (Luke 13:3, Acts 17:30)
4. Confess faith in Jesus Christ (Romans 10:10, Matthew 10:32)
5. Be Baptized (Galatians 3:27, Mark 16:16, Acts 2:38)
6. Be faithful unto death (Revelation 2:10)

Last edited:

floridays

You have no idea.
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast --One of the greatest passages in scripture.

When Jesus said , "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do."
Can you imagine how much grace was shown 50 days later in Acts 2 when those that had the blood of the Son of God on their hands were given the the opportunity to be forgiven? When they asked what must they do to be saved? They were told what to do in V38, 3000 responded , not earning forgiveness , but obeying the commandant of what to do to be forgiven. Saved by grace and having faith in what they were told to do.

When Saul was killing Christians , imagine the grace he was shown by the Lord to be forgiven. He was told what to do to have his sins washed away, he believed (active faith) and did what he was told to do. Not earning forgiveness, saved by grace and faith in what he was told.

The Ephesians were saved the same way. All the examples of conversation in Acts, same way. the Galatians, Colossians ,etc. all the same.
We can talk all day about the Grace of God and a million years from now, you still wouldn't be done.All that entails, the cross.etc.
But, for me, the grace of God was shown by someone who cared enough about my soul to sit down and open the Bible and show me passages like I have quoted for a few days now. By His grace God allowed me to live long enough to hear the truth of the Gospel and obey it. The faith in what God said he would do caused me (Active faith) to obey him. Not works, didn't earn a thing, just simple, trusting obedience in faith knowing his loving grace and mercy would forgive me.

Many rejected Christ and the Apostles teaching. Many do today. Funny thing how God works.
By His grace, you have heard the gospel in the Brown Cafe. It appears you have no faith in it at all.
It's amazing, in all you offered the word baptism in water appeared exactly zero times, yet that is precisely what you cling to.

It's exactly what I said, you understand Grace but are determined to add water baptism as a requisite element to attain this Grace.

I'm going to ask you, point blank, straight forward

Is water baptism required to attain this Grace?

Yes or no is all I ask in this post.

After your answer feel free to support your answer in another distinct post.

floridays

@BrownFlush, I'm sorry, I didn't read all the way through your post before I responded.

My initial question remains on the table.

I will add another question to be answered later, or you can just highlight it now.

You said:

Repent of past sins (Luke 13:3, Acts 17:30)
Please highlight the word sin or sins

Luke 13:3
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

No verbal response needed unless you feel inclined to say it doesn't exist.

floridays

Galatians 3:27
27 For has many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Highlight baptized into water please.

Mark 16:16
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Highlight baptized into water please.
Please note, the above in Galatians references baptism into Christ.

Back to this again, you offered it not me, gotta ask you again

Acts 2:38
38 And Peter said to them, o“Repent and pbe baptized every one of you qin the name of Jesus Christ rfor the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive sthe gift of the Holy Spirit.

Highlight baptized into water once again

I do see one you offered does speak of being baptized into Christ.
Might be something to that.

BrownFlush

It's amazing, in all you offered the word baptism in water appeared exactly zero times, yet that is precisely what you cling to.

It's exactly what I said, you understand Grace but are determined to add water baptism as a requisite element to attain this Grace.

I'm going to ask you, point blank, straight forward

Is water baptism required to attain this Grace?

Yes or no is all I ask in this post.

After your answer feel free to support your answer in another distinct post From other classic exchanges, you never fail to be Stumpy.
You do not have the ability to do this.
Water baptism is all every post Ive had of late .
Sorry you missed it.

You want a point blank do you? Straight up.. Is water baptism required to attain THIS grace? Be careful now.. that Stumpy.. setting one up.. he’s so smart.. smh

What grace? All kinds of grace out there for all kinds of things…
When one submits to the command to be baptized he finds
The grace that forgives you of sin is in baptism.
The grace that takes a dead man in sin and makes him alive again is in baptism.
The grace that adds you to the church is in baptism.
The grace that puts you in his kingdom is in baptism.
The grace that makes you a Christian is in baptism.
The grace that washes away your sin is in baptism.
The grace that saves you is in baptism .
The grace that puts one in Christ is in baptism.
I’m sure there is more…
But, it appears one may benefit from “ the unmerited favor of God” ( that’s Grace defined) and receive some real benefits in the act of baptism. Now, if one doesn’t, let’s see,… no grace from God will be given that he does give you in baptism because, well, you decided it just wasn’t necessary.
If you need scripture for the things listed ,scroll backwards for a few days. You can’t miss it.

BrownFlush

Might be something to that.
There is something to God judging a person based on his ability to comprehend and understand things. Makes people responsible and accountable.
Your chances are looking real good that you might get a pass based on your comments. Of course, only God knows that.

floridays

Sorry you missed it.

You want a point blank do you? Straight up.. Is water baptism required to attain THIS grace? Be careful now.. that Stumpy.. setting one up.. he’s so smart.. smh

I’m sure there is more…
But, it appears one may benefit from “ the unmerited favor of God” ( that’s Grace defined) and receive some real benefits in the act of baptism. Now, if one doesn’t, let’s see,… no grace from God will be given that he does give you in baptism because, well, you decided it just wasn’t necessary.
If you need scripture for the things listed ,scroll backwards for a few days. You can’t miss it.
I see.
Your faith is in your baptism not the finished work of Jesus on the cross and God the Father raising him from the dead.

I understand you are one of these that make the cross of Christ of none effect

1 Corinthians 1:17​

“For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.”

I guess in your circle that makes you a pretty powerful man.

I'm sure you have been a baptizer, is that a correct assumption?

floridays

Sorry you missed it.

I’m sure there is more…
I certainly have the ability to cause you to chase your tail and not answer the question that is asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.