Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Correcto

god is dead
You seem to be familiar with the Bible.

Not sure why but that would be for you to explain.

That being said don’t you see something inherently wrong with some of the actual Biblical texts some in the Old but some in the New as well? Just being honest here.

Just focusing on the Old. I personally am not fully reconciled in spirit about some of the behaviors and conduct of man that is ascribed to God in the Old Testament.

I am not convinced in mind and spirit that in man’s desperate attempt to understand themselves in relation to their origins, purpose, and conduct that they may have projected some of evil and atrocities inherent in their day and in themselves onto a good and loving God.

I wrestle with this at times.
@Integrity
No not really, the only time I pay attention to the Bible is when idiots say it’s the word of god and try to use it to justify what I see as evil. I’ll take time to understand their arguments and beliefs, I want to know the rationality behind their hatred.

I can’t even make it off the first page of the Bible without thinking what a load of :censored2:, so yes, I see lots of things that are inherently wrong with the Bible if I view it as the word of god. God is a real idiot if that’s the case. But when viewed from the perspective of ancient uncivilized savages, the Bible makes complete sense and I see not problem with it.

The old seeps into the new, it is still the same core ideology, just dressed up for the ”gentiles” I guess they are called.

There is no Christian god, there is only ancient dummies trying to understand reality and themselves.

I don’t wrestle with any of these concepts anymore. I only wrestle with the fallout from savages who do.

vantexan

@Integrity
No not really, the only time I pay attention to the Bible is when idiots say it’s the word of god and try to use it to justify what I see as evil. I’ll take time to understand their arguments and beliefs, I want to know the rationality behind their hatred.

I can’t even make it off the first page of the Bible without thinking what a load of :censored2:, so yes, I see lots of things that are inherently wrong with the Bible if I view it as the word of god. God is a real idiot if that’s the case. But when viewed from the perspective of ancient uncivilized savages, the Bible makes complete sense and I see not problem with it.

The old seeps into the new, it is still the same core ideology, just dressed up for the ”gentiles” I guess they are called.

There is no Christian god, there is only ancient dummies trying to understand reality and themselves.

I don’t wrestle with any of these concepts anymore. I only wrestle with the fallout from savages who do.
What a savage response.

Integrity

Binge Poster
@Integrity

Thanks for you comprehensive response.

Does the fallout you still wrestle with tend to bring out in you compassion, love and forgiveness or bitterness and hatred?

El Correcto

god is dead
Let’s say you are dealing with a grown adult who insults your wife repeatedly. You ask the guy hey what’s going on bud, he tells you his imaginary friend the creator of the universe told him to say those things or it would punish him or he wouldn’t get to heaven or those insults to your wife including death threats are just good morals. Do you have a hatred for that guys imaginary friend he is hiding behind to excuse his behavior? Do you sit there and say show me where this imaginary friend lives so I can go teach him a lesson about saying those things? No that would ridiculous, just like it is ridiculous to say I hate god.
I don’t know about that.
Not really, everything laid out by science is up for dispute if new evidence arises. Morals formed by reason are up for debate.
Yeah you’re not an atheist if you sit there being mad at the sky god. An atheist doesn’t care about god at all. Only the people hiding behind their imaginary friend or using their imaginary friend’s authority as an argument.

El Correcto

god is dead
Thanks for you comprehensive response.

Does the fallout you still wrestle with tend to bring out in you compassion, love and forgiveness or bitterness and hatred?
It depends. It’s mostly disappointment.
When they start talking about killing people it’s bitterness and hatred.

I have very little compassion or love left for anyone still dumb enough to believe in that nonsense, especially with the current state of affairs in this country.

Look at this idiots point of view of Africa, that’s your brain on Christianity.

Thebrownblob

Let’s say you are dealing with a grown adult who insults your wife repeatedly. You ask the guy hey what’s going on bud, he tells you his imaginary friend the creator of the universe told him to say those things or it would punish him or he wouldn’t get to heaven or those insults to your wife including death threats are just good morals. Do you have a hatred for that guys imaginary friend he is hiding behind to excuse his behavior? Do you sit there and say show me where this imaginary friend lives so I can go teach him a lesson about saying those things? No that would ridiculous, just like it is ridiculous to say I hate god.

I don’t know about that.

Not really, everything laid out by science is up for dispute if new evidence arises. Morals formed by reason are up for debate.

Yeah you’re not an atheist if you sit there being mad at the sky god. An atheist doesn’t care about god at all. Only the people hiding behind their imaginary friend or using their imaginary friend’s authority as an argument.
Doesn’t everyone have to deal with idiots who don’t accept us from time to time?

And all the people you’re aligning yourself with have no room for questioning, because the science is always settled.

Keep raging my friend. Remember you brought this “fake” subject of christianity up Not us. It’s all a fairytale don’t let it bother you.😉

El Correcto

god is dead
Doesn’t everyone have to deal with idiots who don’t accept us from time to time?

And all the people you’re aligning yourself with have no room for questioning, because the science is always settled.

Keep raging my friend. Remember you brought this “fake” subject of christianity up Not us. It’s all a fairytale don’t let it bother you.😉
Yet again the fairytale doesn’t bother me. It’s people who believe they have arrived at absolute morality based on a fairytale that bother me, especially when their absolute morality is leading them to harm others or themselves.

Thebrownblob

Yet again the fairytale doesn’t bother me. It’s people who believe they have arrived at absolute morality based on a fairytale that bother me, especially when their absolute morality is leading them to harm others or themselves.
Like children who think they’re transgender?

When I was seven I thought I was Superman thank God my mom told me I was not, and not to Jump off the balcony.

It sounds like you think you think your version of morality is absolute, you are what you hate

El Correcto

god is dead
Like children who think they’re transgender?

When I was seven I thought I was Superman thank God my mom told me I was not, and not to Jump off the balcony.

It sounds like you think you think your version of morality is absolute, you are what you hate
Why does it always come back to transgenders for you? I’m praying for you sis, you’ll figure it out.

Thebrownblob

Why does it always come back to transgenders for you? I’m praying for you sis, you’ll figure it out.
Just making a point and you’re raging so hard against Christianity, pointing out some silly Uganda story and get there’s hundreds of Muslim countries that would love to kill gays.
You only have an ax to grind. It’s pretty obvious.

El Correcto

god is dead
Just making a point and you’re raging so hard against Christianity, pointing out some silly Uganda story and get there’s hundreds of Muslim countries that would love to kill gays.
You only have an ax to grind. It’s pretty obvious.
B-but the Muslims want to kill you to!! See how wonderful us Christians are!

No not really. If you guys were Muslims I’d be discussing Islam with you. I just don’t have to deal with Muslims here. I’ve made my views of Muslims and Islam very clear.

Murdering homosexuals or making being gay a capital offense is just a “silly story”. Okay, I disagree.

Thebrownblob

I wouldn’t say it is absolute at all. I already explained that my morals are very much up for debate. Unlike people who hide behind their imaginary friend’s morals.
No, you’re hiding behind the idea that you’re some sort of reasonable person because you don’t have any real standards for Morals set a stone. Doesn’t really matter to me, but you’re just as Pius about what you believe as the people you’re berating. The fact that you don’t see that is humorous.

Thebrownblob

B-but the Muslims want to kill you to!! See how wonderful us Christians are!

No not really. If you guys were Muslims I’d be discussing Islam with you. I just don’t have to deal with Muslims here. I’ve made my views of Muslims and Islam very clear.

Murdering homosexuals or making being gay a capital offense is just a “silly story”. Okay, I disagree.
You see the only one saying, murdering homosexuals is OK is you do you want it to be so true desperately that you scour the Internet you search the Bible even not understanding the true meanings. Lol as I’ve said all along, you’re wrapped up in this more than I am.

I mean, it’s a miracle you’re still alive, right? Give me a break.

El Correcto

god is dead
No, you’re hiding behind the idea that you’re some sort of reasonable person because you don’t have any real standards for Morals set a stone. Doesn’t really matter to me, but you’re just as Pius about what you believe as the people you’re berating. The fact that you don’t see that is humorous.
Yeah I clearly do have some morals set in stone, let’s start with my major gripe about your imaginary friend.

It’s okay to be gay and murdering gays for being gay is wrong.

Thebrownblob

Yeah I clearly do have some morals set in stone, let’s start with my major gripe about your imaginary friend.

It’s okay to be gay and murdering gays for being gay is wrong.
And yet none are being murdered can you use that argument somewhere else because it’s a fake argument you’d be dead by now and you’re not nor is there any chance of you being. You just come on here to sow iniquity. Because your life is empty.

El Correcto

god is dead
You see the only one saying, murdering homosexuals is OK is you do you want it to be so true desperately that you scour the Internet you search the Bible even not understanding the true meanings. Lol as I’ve said all along, you’re wrapped up in this more than I am.

I mean, it’s a miracle you’re still alive, right? Give me a break.
13 “If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.

Okay so what am I misunderstanding about this? That is your imaginary friend right or is it Jesus’s imaginary daddy? What is the true meaning of murder homosexuals for having gay relations.

Status
Not open for further replies.