Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The implication being that non belief in your theory equates to being a nonbeliever.

May not have been the intent, but I think it probably was.

This is one of the reasons you have a hard time connecting to people on this forum.
Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

Not the intended implication.

Take note I affirmed @vantexan’s stated belief in a reply he made shortly after the post you are referring to.

I do like the way you referred to my statement as but a theory, because it is just that, a theory as what I believe all matters of religion and spirituality are, theories.

This applies to mine as well as the 2 others who often interact with me who have strong theories about the importance of the Bible. I love the Bible but I don’t share their theories about it.

What I meant with the term unbelief was not to mean a nonbeliever as it is sometimes used in the fundamentalist/reformed/evangelical traditions but unbelief in the theology or theory that I was stating.

The idea or theory of the personal and actual indwelling of God in the person of the Holy Spirit. That He will work in any person from the inside out by actually taking possession of the spirit within a person in accordance with your faith, and belief that His Holy Spirit can and will actually take spiritual residence in you and provide power for you to do what you have been unable to do through your own power. He can and will do this if only you believe.

I believe if you don’t believe that this actually can or will happen based upon belief in other theories or simply just unbelief in this, then it will not happen.

Because I believe for it to happen you have to have faith and believe that it will. That’s all I was saying.

vantexan

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

Not the intended implication.

Take note I affirmed @vantexan’s stated belief in a reply he made shortly after the post you are referring to.

I do like the way you referred to my statement as but a theory, because it is just that, a theory as what I believe all matters of religion and spirituality are, theories.

This applies to mine as well as the 2 others who often interact with me who have strong theories about the importance of the Bible. I love the Bible but I don’t share their theories about it.

What I meant with the term unbelief was not to mean a nonbeliever as it is sometimes used in the fundamentalist/reformed/evangelical traditions but unbelief in the theology or theory that I was stating.

The idea or theory of the personal and actual indwelling of God in the person of the Holy Spirit. That He will work in any person from the inside out by actually taking possession of the spirit within a person in accordance with your faith, and belief that His Holy Spirit can and will actually take spiritual residence in you and provide power for you to do what you have been unable to do through your own power. He can and will do this if only you believe.

I believe if you don’t believe that this actually can or will happen based upon belief in other theories or simply just unbelief in this, then it will not happen.

Because I believe for it to happen you have to have faith and believe that it will. That’s all I was saying.
The Holy Spirit doesn't direct anyone to have sex outside of marriage and doesn't direct them to kill their own baby that often results from having sex outside of marriage. We can get forgiveness for our sins but it's still sin. You don't compound one sin by committing another to cover it up or relieve economic stress. We went from abortion should always be rare to it becoming industrialized and highly profitable. To say God is fine with that means you have to ignore the Bible. And it comes across loud and clear that where the Bible says things you don't want to hear you just ignore it. Say it's just the writings of infallible men.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1706158460044.png

Integrity

Binge Poster
separate from the Scriptures.
It is the instrument He uses to reveal the mind of God.
Interesting theory.

However my theory is that God, the creator of the universe would never be so small minded to limit the instruments He uses to reveal His mind to His creation.

I do love the Bible, it is such an important part of my religious life but in comparison to God and apart from the personal revelation directly from the Holy Spirit directly and personally to me it is simply another book. That is my theory at least.

Peace and Joy of the Lord be with you my friend.

vantexan

Interesting theory.

However my theory is that God, the creator of the universe would never be so small minded to limit the instruments He uses to reveal His mind to His creation.

I do love the Bible, it is such an important part of my religious life but in comparison to God and apart from the personal revelation directly from the Holy Spirit directly and personally to me it is simply another book. That is my theory at least.

Peace and Joy of the Lord be with you my friend.
You decide what you want and say the Holy Spirit tells you so. You have made yourself the arbiter of what is truth. You love, love, love the Bible when it says what you believe, and say it's simply another book when it says what you reject.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You decide what you want and say the Holy Spirit tells you so. You have made yourself the arbiter of what is truth. You love, love, love the Bible when it says what you believe, and say it's simply another book when it says what you reject.
No I do not.
No I have not.
No I love it either way. Mankind often learns from mistakes made by others. At least that is and has been my experience.

You seem to hold to the theory of Bible infallibility/inerrency.

I do not hold to that theory.

vantexan

No I do not.
No I have not.
No I love it either way. Mankind often learns from mistakes made by others. At least that is and has been my experience.

You seem to hold to the theory of Bible infallibility/inerrency.

I do not hold to that theory.
Yes you do.
Yes you have.
Now you're calling the Scriptures mistakes as if you know better.
I know that the Bible tells us what God commands us to do and I do not have the right to reject it and be pleasing to Him.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yes you do.
Yes you have.
Now you're calling the Scriptures mistakes as if you know better.
I know that the Bible tells us what God commands us to do and I do not have the right to reject it and be pleasing to Him.
Untrue.
Untrue.
No I am not.
That is your theory, I begrudge you not for living your life according to your theory as you see fit.

Peace be with you.

vantexan

Untrue.
Untrue.
No I am not.
That is your theory, I begrudge you not for living your life according to your theory as you see fit.

Peace be with you.
True.
True.
Yes you are.
Being told about Christ's birth, life, death, and resurrection, and being given guidance by his chosen, Holy Spirit inspired apostles isn't theory.

Jesus:
"Do not think I have come to bring peace to the Earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and one's foes will be members of one's own household" (Matthew 10:34-36)

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
True.
True.
Yes you are.
Being told about Christ's birth, life, death, and resurrection, and being given guidance by his chosen, Holy Spirit inspired apostles isn't theory.

Jesus:
"Do not think I have come to bring peace to the Earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and one's foes will be members of one's own household" (Matthew 10:34-36)
Suit yourself.

There are some who have different theories from your theories about what you mention.

Matthew 5:9 NIV
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Go figure.

vantexan

Suit yourself.

There are some who have different theories from your theories about what you mention.

Matthew 5:9 NIV
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Go figure.

And if you study your Bible you could see how Jesus could make both statements.

Integrity

Binge Poster
And if you study your Bible you could see how Jesus could make both statements.
That is your theory.

My theory is that it is evidence and an example of the kinds of mistakes that can be and are made within written religious traditions and religious documents such as the Bible.

vantexan

That is your theory.

My theory is that it is evidence and an example of the kinds of mistakes that can be and are made within written religious traditions and religious documents such as the Bible.
So in other words you're saying Jesus said what you quoted but in your opinion didn't say what I quoted? That the writer Matthew made it up? Because YOU don't agree that Jesus would say such a thing therefore it can't be true? If so that's exactly why I said you have made yourself the arbiter of truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.