Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So in other words you're saying Jesus said what you quoted but in your opinion didn't say what I quoted? That the writer Matthew made it up? Because YOU don't agree that Jesus would say such a thing therefore it can't be true? If so that's exactly why I said you have made yourself the arbiter of truth.
In other words I am saying that after prayer, reflection, meditation, and study my, conscience, my spirit, my soul and my intellect are not convinced that what you quoted is not a mistake.

I am not in conflict with the idea that the writers of the Bible misquoted, misheard, or just flat out got things wrong, unintentionally or intentionally, it doesn’t matter. They were human, after all.

I never said what you quoted can’t be true, it could be true, but at this time I am not convinced it is.

Are you the arbiter of truth?

vantexan

In other words I am saying that after prayer, reflection, meditation, and study my, conscience, my spirit, my soul and my intellect are not convinced that what you quoted is not a mistake.

I am not in conflict with the idea that the writers of the Bible misquoted, misheard, or just flat out got things wrong, unintentionally or intentionally, it doesn’t matter. They were human, after all.

I never said what you quoted can’t be true, it could be true, but at this time I am not convinced it is.

Are you the arbiter of truth?
I am a defender of the Bible. You say they are human after all. They made mistakes. At the same time you say that you are guided by direct interaction with the Holy Spirit so therefore what you are told can't be a mistake. But in order to say that you must then say that the writers of the New Testament weren't guided by the Holy Spirit but we're told that they are. So you are denying that they were inspired by the Holy.Spirit while claiming you are. You've made yourself the arbiter of truth with no proof that you speak directly with the Holy Spirit other than your word.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
All things considered it’s really not any nuttier than the Baptists
IMG_2017.jpeg

Integrity

Binge Poster
I am a defender of the Bible. You say they are human after all. They made mistakes. At the same time you say that you are guided by direct interaction with the Holy Spirit so therefore what you are told can't be a mistake. But in order to say that you must then say that the writers of the New Testament weren't guided by the Holy Spirit but we're told that they are. So you are denying that they were inspired by the Holy.Spirit while claiming you are. You've made yourself the arbiter of truth with no proof that you speak directly with the Holy Spirit other than your word.
I never said what you are claiming I said. You are clearly misunderstanding what I have said and say. You would do well to respond and reply to actual quotes of what I say. Not your take in what I say. Your take is often untrue at worst and misunderstood at best. Stick with actual quotes my friend.

vantexan

I never said what you are claiming I said. You are clearly misunderstanding what I have said and say. You would do well to respond and reply to actual quotes of what I say. Not your take in what I say. Your take is often untrue at worst and misunderstood at best. Stick with actual quotes my friend.
You've repeatedly said that the Holy Spirit speaks directly to you. Does the Holy Spirit make mistakes?

vantexan

What specifically (quote please) have I told you that I have attributed to the Holy Spirit?
You say he speaks to you directly. Are you saying that your support for abortion and homosexuality is just your opinion and not given to you directly by the Holy Spirit?

Integrity

Binge Poster
You say he speaks to you directly. Are you saying that your support for abortion and homosexuality is just your opinion and not given to you directly by the Holy Spirit?
Please show me my quote where I state that I support the act of abortion or homosexuality.

Then I can respond.

vantexan

Please show me my quote where I state that I support the act of abortion or homosexuality.

Then I can respond.
I'm not going through all of your posts but if you're going to say that you've never shown support for either then you're being dishonest.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'm not going through all of your posts but if you're going to say that you've never shown support for either then you're being dishonest.
Show me, you can’t . You are being dishonest friend. I never supported the act of abortion or homosexuality. Your accusation is false.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Nice work with your research

I still don’t see a quote supporting the act of abortion or the act of homosexuality.

I stand by my position. I do not support the act of abortion or the act of homosexuality I do love those unconditionally and I do not condemn those who do support it, I have love and compassion for those caught up in the acts of abortion and/or homosexuality. I will not throw the first stone, I can’t.

Integrity

Binge Poster
John 3:16-17

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. (NIV)

vantexan

Nice work with your research

I still don’t see a quote supporting the act of abortion or the act of homosexuality.

I stand by my position. I do not support the act of abortion or the act of homosexuality I do love those unconditionally and I do not condemn those who do support it, I have love and compassion for those caught up in the acts of abortion and/or homosexuality. I will not throw the first stone, I can’t.
You are condoning it by instead of insisting they not participate in such behavior you say it's their choice, God loves you anyways, Christ wouldn't condemn you for it, the Bible is wrong about it.

When I pointed out that school libraries across the country have books with pictures depicting graphic sex acts, hetero and homo, you said who has the right to say what's obscene and what's not? I think exposing a 9 yr old to pics of a young man sucking on the penis of another young man is not only obscene but criminal. Yet you defend the right of school boards to put such material in school libraries.

Integrity

Binge Poster

Status
Not open for further replies.