Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I don't have a whole lot of time to think this through (lunch break is about over). "The faith" seems to me like an overview of Christianity as a whole. It's not speaking about a specific individual that is being held by God. In the whole of Christianity [1 billion people] do you think everyone of those serves God and is Saved?
You also see the "falling away" in 2 thess. 2.
It's a general falling away or departure from the faith. It is abundant these days
"Some" will depart is specific. The "some" were but are not now.
This is no overview or "general" Christianity.

FromOffTheStreets

"Some" will depart is specific. The "some" were but are not now.
This is no overview or "general" Christianity.
I've seen many of the kids I grew up with in the church "depart from the faith," a few grown ups as well. A few outright left towards other types of religions, a few to a form of Christianity removing the Bible, but most would probably say that they believe in God but really have no connection to Him at all.

What type of faith did these people possess while they were younger & in the church? Most likely it was just what their family did, went to church & "believed in God." That belief was tested as they went through their lives & they were found wanting. The testing proved that they didn't really believe.

It's similar to my experience in college football. 120 people signed up to play on the team. After testing, only 80 actually wanted to play.

I'll leave it with this; 1 John 2:19
They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

rickyb

1706592269235.png

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I've seen many of the kids I grew up with in the church "depart from the faith," a few grown ups as well. A few outright left towards other types of religions, a few to a form of Christianity removing the Bible, but most would probably say that they believe in God but really have no connection to Him at all.

What type of faith did these people possess while they were younger & in the church? Most likely it was just what their family did, went to church & "believed in God." That belief was tested as they went through their lives & they were found wanting. The testing proved that they didn't really believe.

It's similar to my experience in college football. 120 people signed up to play on the team. After testing, only 80 actually wanted to play.

I'll leave it with this; 1 John 2:19
They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.
Many indoctrinated into religion at a young age. Many grew up and started asking questions and thinking for themselves. Decided religion was nothing but mind control.

FromOffTheStreets

Many indoctrinated into religion at a young age. Many grew up and started asking questions and thinking for themselves. Decided religion was nothing but mind control.
Everyone is indoctrinated into something. Everything is programming. Everything is mind control.

"Opening your mind" simply takes you to a different mind control program.

The fact that we don't have an absolute picture of the beginning, buildup & conclusion of this machine (universe & life) makes everyone's choice an act of faith.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Everyone is indoctrinated into something. Everything is programming. Everything is mind control.

"Opening your mind" simply takes you to a different mind control program.

The fact that we don't have an absolute picture of the beginning, buildup & conclusion of this machine (universe & life) makes everyone's choice an act of faith.
Screenshot_20240130_202209_Chrome.jpg

Integrity

Binge Poster

Integrity

Binge Poster
Imagine believing God gave man a theory laden with error for him to use to guide him to his eternal destiny.
You are without hope.
Imagine that.

My theory is that God gave man, you, me, and all humanity a person, and that person is Jesus. The born, lived, died, and resurrected Jesus. He is alive today. I put all my hope in the person of Christ alone. Period. No book, no religious practice or tradition, in Christ alone. Abiding in Him according to the ministry and work of the Holy Spirit is my sole purpose and hope in this life a the next.

That is my theory and belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.