Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Imagine that.

My theory is that God gave man, you, me, and all humanity a person, and that person is Jesus. The born, lived, died, and resurrected Jesus. He is alive today. I put all my hope in the person of Christ alone. Period. No book, no religious practice or tradition, in Christ alone. Abiding in Him according to the ministry and work of the Holy Spirit is my sole purpose and hope in this life a the next.

That is my theory and belief.
Without Scripture, you wouldn’t even be aware of Jesus. Without Religion, knowledge of Jesus wouldn’t have been preserved in the Bible. Without Church, the Bible wouldn’t have been compiled.

You owe your ability to know God to all the above.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Imagine that.

My theory is that God gave man, you, me, and all humanity a person, and that person is Jesus. The born, lived, died, and resurrected Jesus. He is alive today. I put all my hope in the person of Christ alone. Period. No book, no religious practice or tradition, in Christ alone. Abiding in Him according to the ministry and work of the Holy Spirit is my sole purpose and hope in this life a the next.

That is my theory and belief.
Fact.
1706806268501.png

Integrity

Binge Poster
Without Scripture, you wouldn’t even be aware of Jesus. Without Religion, knowledge of Jesus wouldn’t have been preserved in the Bible. Without Church, the Bible wouldn’t have been compiled.

You owe your ability to know God to all the above.
I understand your theory but I think and believe different from you.

My belief is based on the theory that before there was anything there was God.

Without God there would be no Scripture, you wouldn’t even be aware of Jesus. There would be no Religion, knowledge of Jesus wouldn’t have been preserved in the Bible. There would be no Church, the Bible wouldn’t have been compiled.

All of these things you mention and everything for that matter is dependent on God, God is not dependent or limited by anything.

Not by you, not by me, and certainly not by any of the religious things that you mentioned.

That is my belief, at least.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I understand your theory but I think and believe different from you.

My belief is based on the theory that before there was anything there was God.

Without God there would be no Scripture, you wouldn’t even be aware of Jesus. There would be no Religion, knowledge of Jesus wouldn’t have been preserved in the Bible. There would be no Church, the Bible wouldn’t have been compiled.

All of these things you mention and everything for that matter is dependent on God, God is not dependent or limited by anything.

Not by you, not by me, and certainly not by any of the religious things that you mentioned.

That is my belief, at least.
And if lacking your knowledge about God preserved in Scripture, the Holy Spirit spoke to you, you would question your sanity.

Jesus came and educated His Apostles before sending the Holy Spirit to them. Much of what He taught them is preserved in the Bible, that we might educate ourselves in preparation of our personal inspiration.

The Bible is an absolute necessity in our relationship with God.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The book of theories says..."in the Beginning, God" - Gen. 1:1
Yes so you believe that before it was written that it was so.

Great, we are finally getting somewhere.

So you do believe, as I do, that God preexisted before it being written down and God is in no way dependent or limited to or by anything written.

That is my belief as well. God has no limitations.

Integrity

Binge Poster
And if lacking your knowledge about God preserved in Scripture, the Holy Spirit spoke to you, you would question your sanity.

Jesus came and educated His Apostles before sending the Holy Spirit to them. Much of what He taught them is preserved in the Bible, that we might educate ourselves in preparation of our personal inspiration.

That is your theory but in my case that was not true. I heard clearly from God at a very early age (4) and I didn’t question my sanity.

Humans do write about their experience, strength, and hope. Seems pretty obvious based upon the frequency that this is done.

That is your theory I differ in that although I love the Bible, I do not believe the Bible is an absolute necessity in our relationship with God.

I do however believe that a real and intimate relationship with the living God is necessary to understand the limitations of religious traditions, written or not.

FromOffTheStreets

That is your theory but in my case that was not true. I heard clearly from God at a very early age (4) and I didn’t question my sanity.

Humans do write about their experience, strength, and hope. Seems pretty obvious based upon the frequency that this is done.

That is your theory I differ in that although I love the Bible, I do not believe the Bible is an absolute necessity in our relationship with God.

I do however believe that a real and intimate relationship with the living God is necessary to understand the limitations of religious traditions, written or not.
So your on the level of one of the prophets then. Samuel maybe? What insights do you have for us

BrownFlush

Yes so you believe that before it was written that it was so.

So you do believe, as I do, that God preexisted before it being written down and God is in no way dependent or limited to or by anything written.

God has no limitations.
If you take a look and really think about what you wrote, you have to see how ridiculous it is.
I believe that God preexisted. The only way I can know that is because he revealed it to me via his Holy Spirit through the written word. This is how God chose to reveal himself to man.
God is not dependent on anyone or anything. Has no limits or limitations.I also know this because of what is written.
You and I are the ones who are limited . I cannot know anything about God, what he wants, except what he has chosen to reveal in is divine word.

BrownFlush

You cannot know something unless it it revealed to you.
(That’s a fact)
You can guess. But, when it comes to my eternity, better see what God has to say.

Integrity

Binge Poster
If you take a look and really think about what you wrote, you have to see how ridiculous it is.
I believe that God preexisted. The only way I can know that is because he revealed it to me via his Holy Spirit through the written word. This is how God chose to reveal himself to man.
God is not dependent on anyone or anything. Has no limits or limitations.I also know this because of what is written.
You and I are the ones who are limited . I cannot know anything about God, what he wants, except what he has chosen to reveal in is divine word.
I do not believe in this theory you have. Although you don’t actually say it it does appear that you have limited God’s sovereignty to what is in a written word. Sad IMO.

I believe I can know anything about God that God chooses to reveal to me in any manner He chooses to reveal it to me regardless of what any book says. Even religious books.

You say God has no limits but then you claim He is limited to a written word. I don’t follow your theory.

Why the 2 messages?

Integrity

Binge Poster
(That’s a fact)
You can guess. But, when it comes to my eternity, better see what God has to say.
I have intuitively known certain things were wrong and/or right from a very young age. I guess that was in essence God revealing it to me from the inside.

I love to see and read what the Bible has to say about things but I especially love to hear what God has to say about things in the realm of the spirit.

BrownFlush

I do not believe in this theory you have. Although you don’t actually say it it does appear that you have limited God’s sovereignty to what is in a written word. Sad IMO.

I believe I can know anything about God that God chooses to reveal to me in any manner He chooses to reveal it to me regardless of what any book says. Even religious books.

You say God has no limits but then you claim He is limited to a written word. I don’t follow your theory.

Why the 2 messages?
I did not claim he was limited to his word.
I said we were.
(I know both these things because he wrote it down)

BrownFlush

I have intuitively known certain things were wrong and/or right from a very young age. I guess that was in essence God revealing it to me from the inside.

I love to see and read what the Bible has to say about things but I especially love to hear what God has to say about things in the realm of the spirit.
You guess? Intuitive ?
You are without hope.

BrownFlush

it does appear that you have limited God’s sovereignty to what is in a written word. Sad IMO.
Nothing sad about it. You perish for lack of knowledge.
God has limited himself in somethings until he chooses the time to stop.
(It's written down)

rickyb

(That’s a fact)

So your on the level of one of the prophets then. Samuel maybe? What insights do you have for us
1706819038015.png
1706819064043.png

Status
Not open for further replies.