Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyb

Corporations are just businesses that have incorporated for tax purposes. That's not just big companies that trade their stock publicly. What's evil is what a specific company does that's evil. For example, rather than go through what's necessary to expensively dispose toxic waste some companies have dumped their waste secretly, causing huge health problems and deaths as the waste got into the aquifer. That's evil. But not all corporations are evil for just being corporations. You need to realize the difference.
the love of money is the root of all evil. corporations typically seek to maximize profits. some corporations are not for profit right?

vantexan

Interesting. Did you ever work for UPS?

Yes.
No, I worked for FedEx. I take that back. I was a Christmas helper for UPS in 2019 and in 2021 I did Christmas deliveries in a golf cart for them in The Villages, FL.

UPS allows you to make very good money and have excellent benefits yet you see them as evil? I know you're unionized, but a union doesn't mean anything until the company hires you.

vantexan

the love of money is the root of all evil. corporations typically seek to maximize profits. some corporations are not for profit right?
For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. A man can lust after a woman without money being involved. If she's married and leaves her husband for him because he makes better money then that's money based evil. See the difference?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
No, I worked for FedEx. I take that back. I was a Christmas helper for UPS in 2019 and in 2021 I did Christmas deliveries in a golf cart for them in The Villages, FL.

UPS allows you to make very good money and have excellent benefits yet you see them as evil? I know you're unionized, but a union doesn't mean anything until the company hires you.
He’s a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. IMO, a fraud

vantexan

Yes. theres worse. walmart comes to mind.

if the workers get bored of their job they could rotate. and i doubt it would be equal pay. the pay would be higher because theyre owners. but thats besides the point, the point is walmart as you know depends on workers to function. if it didnt have workers and it was just the owners, the profits would fall.

thats why i dont use the MSM for "news". america has a shortage of healthcare workers as well. jesus would not defend capitalism; it doesnt pass the bar. the Italians tried that (a system of co owners) and succeeded, not failed.
So a cashier is going to do the accounting? Do you not realize how silly that is to say? Most Italians didn't try that system. Jesus would most certainly approve of capitalism. He wouldn't approve of Darwinian capitalism, survival of the fittest, with people being used up and cast aside.

vantexan

I'd like to see his justification for calling them that. Seems to have a problem with the rich.

rickyb

So a cashier is going to do the accounting? Do you not realize how silly that is to say? Most Italians didn't try that system. Jesus would most certainly approve of capitalism. He wouldn't approve of Darwinian capitalism, survival of the fittest, with people being used up and cast aside.
the workers dont have to specialize if theyre capable of doing other tasks

1707622805205.png

rickyb

UPS does tons of evil stuff that wouldnt pass jesus's standards

vantexan

the workers dont have to specialize if theyre capable of doing other tasks

View attachment 469520
So Wal-Mart is going to hire a bunch of college grads with degrees in business, accounting, etc and tell them they'll have to rotate with cashiers and stock clerks?

Thebrownblob

wage theft, no A/C, low wages, calling workers to work and then not paying them

all satanic. all rejected by jesus
Wage theft? We have a grievance procedure as well as laws.

Don’t care about A/C that’s for crybabies like you.

Calling workers are not paying them? Again, we have a greater procedures that pays penalties so if they don’t pay me appropriately, they give me a big fat grievance check.

vantexan

wage theft, no A/C, low wages, calling workers to work and then not paying them

all satanic. all rejected by jesus
UPS pays the highest wages and offers the best benefits in the small package delivery industry. By far. Has a union for employees to negotiate with them and be protected by them. This is what I was saying earlier. Even if you got everything you want you'd still want more. Never satisfied.

rickyb

UPS pays the highest wages and offers the best benefits in the small package delivery industry. By far. Has a union for employees to negotiate with them and be protected by them. This is what I was saying earlier. Even if you got everything you want you'd still want more. Never satisfied.
i dont think jesus would approve of the low starting wages i mean. he wouldnt approve of the inequality - the greed at the top. do the workers get harassed for sick days? it wouldnt approve of that.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

Calling workers are not paying them? Again, we have a greater procedures that pays penalties so if they don’t pay me appropriately, they give me a big fat grievance check.
Legalized infanticide in the “civilized” world, but the Son of God is worried that we don’t have AC in our package cars.

SMH.

rickyb

capitalism incentivizes wage theft and its widespread. jesus would care about the a/c and he was a cry baby. being a cry baby is a good thing - the squeaky wheels gets the grease.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
i dont think jesus would approve of the low starting wages i mean. he wouldnt approve of the inequality - the greed at the top. do the workers get harassed for sick days? it wouldnt approve of that.
I feel like such a situation may be directly referenced in the Bible.

And you’re 100% wrong on where Jesus stood on the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.