Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Weird. How are you not making a judgment that this is an example of hate speech, no?

No... Not at all.
This is poking fun(the content of the meme) and putting dinosaurs and men on the earth at the same time which ElHomo rejects. Thus making fun of him because of his position as well as homosexuals, which is what the meme does.

Is the word queer considered by you as hate speech?
Did you think the meme posted by ElHomo was hate speech?
Weird. How are you not making a judgment that this is an example of hate speech, no?
Making a human judgement as to the quality and character of something is not the same as judging or condemning someone because of a difference in human judgement about the quality and character of something.

Please don’t feel spiritually judged by me.
No... Not at all.
This is poking fun(the content of the meme) and putting dinosaurs and men on the earth at the same time which ElHomo rejects. Thus making fun of him because of his position as well as homosexuals, which is what the meme does.
Ok.

Only you and God knows the motive of your heart for posting these memes.
Not sure. It was when I was a kid. It seems to have been adopted as an acceptable reference by the LGBTQ+ community.

You know if you say it with hate in your heart, so I guess that would be the determining factor.
What meme are you referring to?

El Correcto

god is dead
Not talking about myself amigo. But you don't know who is gay and who isn't so you go to gay bars where you'll meet other gays. When I was young and athletic I had gay men suggest things numerous times. It's not the same for you because you have to find someone willing. A straight guy on the other hand only has to find out if the attraction is mutual. He's not going to get the :censored2: beat out of him unless he's hitting on someone already taken.
Sir this is a thread about religion, I see you don’t have anything to add so I’m gonna just leave your hypothetical hate crimes against gays alone.

El Correcto

god is dead

No... Not at all.

Dinosaurs and men didn’t live on the planet at the same time, that is what idiots believe because they are gullible and brainwashed.

El Correcto

god is dead
Making a human judgement as to the quality and character of something is not the same as judging or condemning someone because of a difference in human judgement about the quality and character of something.

Ok.

Not sure. It was when I was a kid. It seems to have been adopted as an acceptable reference by the LGBTQ+ community.

You know if you say it with hate in your heart, so I guess that would be the determining factor.

Probably referring to this, it’s not a meme it’s actually a home movie from his childhood.

vantexan

Sir this is a thread about religion, I see you don’t have anything to add so I’m gonna just leave your hypothetical hate crimes against gays alone.
You've been defending your sexuality as being science based as opposed to Christianity not being such so discussing whether homosexuality is science based is fair game.

El Correcto

god is dead
Let's make it clear, the Bible doesn't say that they did live at the same time.
1709573419021.jpeg

There are Christian that unironically believe they did because of the biblical timeline for creationism.

vantexan

View attachment 473645
There are Christian that unironically believe they did because of the biblical timeline for creationism.

And they'd be making up stuff to make their theology work. But it's not in the Bible. You mentioned a few posts back that I was disagreeing with parts of the Bible over this so you apparently thought it was in the Bible.

Integrity

Binge Poster
And they'd be making up stuff to make their theology work. But it's not in the Bible. You mentioned a few posts back that I was disagreeing with parts of the Bible over this so you apparently thought it was in the Bible.
Do you believe in a 100% literal interpretation of the Bible?

El Correcto

god is dead
You’re disagreeing with genesis and the creation of the world in a literal interpretation.
Then you refuse to elaborate on your allegory that you claim it is.

I suggest you start by explaining your genesis allegory for how it matches the truths of reality when it is completely wrong if taken literally.

vantexan

You’re disagreeing with genesis and the creation of the world in a literal interpretation.
Then you refuse to elaborate on your allegory that you claim it is.

I suggest you start by explaining your genesis allegory for how it matches the truths of reality when it is completely wrong if taken literally.
I've personally come to the conclusion that much of the fantastical stories of the Old Testament are the mythology of the Hebrew/Jewish people. Every ancient culture had mythology. It's how men with primitive technology explained the world around them. The problem is many see literally everything written in the Old Testament as having originated from God himself and must not be questioned. Christians are under the New Testament.

As I've mentioned before if you look at the archeological record, as well as the mythology of other groups, there's evidence that what is now the Black Sea came to be when the Mediterranean broke through a narrow isthmus and flooded the region. There have been ancient villages discovered on the bed of the Black Sea. Furthermore when you look at carbon dating there's simply no way the Earth is 6000-8000 years old. If you've ever been to the Grand Canyon it's pretty obvious that it's much older than that. Dinosaur skeletons are in layers much older than human civilizations and there hasn't to my knowledge ever been any discoveries of human civilization or anything even predating civilization in those layers.

The Christian world is very divided and many don't believe things like dinosaurs and humans existed at the same time. That you think all Christians are this or that indicates to me you aren't familiar with just how divided we are.

Fairly recently there have been discoveries of huge meteor craters in Greenland under the ice that date to about 12,000 B.C. if I remember right. This is about the time of the Younger-Dryas period that occurred between ice ages. Believed to be the cause of the ice age that followed the Younger-Dryas. The Great Lakes are a result of the ice age carving up the land then leaving huge pools of water when the ice age receded. A lot of archeological evidence of huge floods in the Columbia River basin. And in what is modern Turkey there have been numerous sites dating to about 11500 B.C. The most prominent being Gobeki Tepe, a huge temple and dwelling site whose builders used technology far more advanced than the hunter gatherers who were believed to live in the area during that period. Carbon dating makes that site much older than the 6000-8000 years old that many evangelicals believe the Earth to be.

The thing is this is all putting pieces of a huge puzzle together. Those who sincerely believe every story of the Old Testament don't want the puzzle to be examined. Any questioning of the legitimacy of their beliefs gets them pretty upset.

That being said I embrace Jesus Christ as the Son of God and believe he not only offers a path to salvation but also a better way to live on Earth. If everyone strove to practice the tenets of Christianity to the best of their ability we would eliminate war, poverty, abuse among other things. Humans are very flawed creatures. All of us. But I do know among the paths we can choose to follow Christianity is superior to what many are offering. And I also believe if God didn't want me to pursue knowledge wherever that may lead he wouldn't have given me a brain that scores high on I.Q. tests. I'm not the smartest guy around, but I'm smart enough to see some obvious flaws in many arguments. And I can say this, there were two women that I loved very much who are lesbians. The first was the first real heartbreak I had. I want them to be ok because I know they aren't going to stop being gay. Thus I don't hate every homosexual and don't wish you harm. But I don't think it's natural but a choice. Always will.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King

Ok.

lol .. I’m so used to you crying about the memes. It was the video ElHomo posted.
FYI.. anytime you make a decision about anything coming to your decided conclusion, you making a judgement.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
lol .. I’m so used to you crying about the memes. It was the video ElHomo posted.
FYI.. anytime you make a decision about anything coming to your decided conclusion, you making a judgement.
Making a judgement but not judging.

You know your heart, God does too.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Let's make it clear, the Bible doesn't say that they did live at the same time.
View attachment 473645

Job (the oldest book in the Bible) writes about them existing while lived.

vantexan

Job (the oldest book in the Bible) writes about them existing while lived.
That's interesting. What are the verses? And show me one archeological dig that has turned up dinosaur and human remains in the same layers? Why is it that we're told about Samson killing a lion or bears being sent to attack Elisha's persecutors but we're never told about dinosaurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.