Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
That's interesting. What are the verses? And show me one archeological dig that has turned up dinosaur and human remains in the same layers? Why is it that we're told about Samson killing a lion or bears being sent to attack Elisha's persecutors but we're never told about dinosaurs?
I saw some fossil dinosaurs foot prints that had human prints near them. Texas?

vantexan

I saw some fossil dinosaurs foot prints that had human prints near them. Texas?
Soil could have eroded down to the dinosaur tracks before the human prints were laid down. Any number of explanations. Another thing, the Bible's collection of books weren't the only books/documents written in ancient history. Where are the descriptions of humans living alongside dinosaurs? Why didn't cave dwellers depict dinosaurs on cave walls? They certainly depicted animals they hunted.

UnionStrong

Soil could have eroded down to the dinosaur tracks before the human prints were laid down. Any number of explanations. Another thing, the Bible's collection of books weren't the only books/documents written in ancient history. Where are the descriptions of humans living alongside dinosaurs? Why didn't cave dwellers depict dinosaurs on cave walls? They certainly depicted animals they hunted.
Same strata.

vantexan

Same strata.
According to the people advocating that the Earth is 6000-8000 years old the dinosaurs and people lived at the same time. That would be worldwide, not in just what we call the Holy Land. Where were there any accounts, drawings of dinosaurs who lived in the last 6000-8000 years? Same strata? OK, what was the carbon dating on those two sets of footprints? Adam was supposed to have named every creature. Why do they all have Latin names now? Or are called different things in different languages? Do you believe that every creature on Earth showed up in pairs of two to enter the Ark? How did South American animals get there? All the insects too? You can just take it on faith or you can ask the obvious.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
That's interesting. What are the verses? And show me one archeological dig that has turned up dinosaur and human remains in the same layers? Why is it that we're told about Samson killing a lion or bears being sent to attack Elisha's persecutors but we're never told about dinosaurs?
The word "dinosaur" wasn't a word until around 1850.
God made every kind of animal in Genesis. “Great sea creatures” would include the dinosaurs that lived in the sea. “beasts” and “everything that creeps on the earth” would include the land dinosaurs.

Job 40:15-24 the behemoth. God describes this beast as a creature that “eats grass like an ox,” “moves his tail like a cedar,” has “ribs like bars of iron,” and who is not disturbed by a flooding of the river. Hippos and elephants don't have tails like a cedar tree. Don't know what it is, but the description fits a large, plant-eating dinosaur.

In Job 41 the Leviathan. It has a mouth that is full of terrible teeth and a body that is covered with rows of scales that cannot be penetrated. He is so strong that, when he walks, the ground crashes. To him, iron is like straw and bronze is like rotting wood. God indicates that this creature cannot be captured or tamed, and that those who have tried will never do so again. T-Rex? Why, heck yeah!

UnionStrong

According to the people advocating that the Earth is 6000-8000 years old the dinosaurs and people lived at the same time. That would be worldwide, not in just what we call the Holy Land. Where were there any accounts, drawings of dinosaurs who lived in the last 6000-8000 years? Same strata? OK, what was the carbon dating on those two sets of footprints? Adam was supposed to have named every creature. Why do they all have Latin names now? Or are called different things in different languages? Do you believe that every creature on Earth showed up in pairs of two to enter the Ark? How did South American animals get there? All the insects too? You can just take it on faith or you can ask the obvious.
You can’t carbon date stone. I’m telling you what a saw. What or how it came to be is a mystery.

vantexan

The word "dinosaur" wasn't a word until around 1850.
God made every kind of animal in Genesis. “Great sea creatures” would include the dinosaurs that lived in the sea. “beasts” and “everything that creeps on the earth” would include the land dinosaurs.

Job 40:15-24 the behemoth. God describes this beast as a creature that “eats grass like an ox,” “moves his tail like a cedar,” has “ribs like bars of iron,” and who is not disturbed by a flooding of the river. Hippos and elephants don't have tails like a cedar tree. Don't know what it is, but the description fits a large, plant-eating dinosaur.

In Job 41 the Leviathan. It has a mouth that is full of terrible teeth and a body that is covered with rows of scales that cannot be penetrated. He is so strong that, when he walks, the ground crashes. To him, iron is like straw and bronze is like rotting wood. God indicates that this creature cannot be captured or tamed, and that those who have tried will never do so again. T-Rex? Why, heck yeah!
Great sea creatures could be whales, sharks, and Octopuses.

You're projecting your view onto the Scripture. Imo it's mythology. Certainly not definitive.

BrownFlush

Why is it that we're told about Samson killing a lion or bears being sent to attack Elisha's persecutors but we're never told about dinosaurs?
Probably about 10,000 years between Job and Sampson.
There was some kind of flood somewhere in there.

BrownFlush

Great sea creatures could be whales, sharks, and Octopuses.

You're projecting your view onto the Scripture. Imo it's mythology. Certainly not definitive.
Yeah the could. I was simply stating God created it all, whatever that includes.
Job doesn't describe sea creatures. Land.

Status
Not open for further replies.